Azor Ahai

laurenlittledove

Obviously there are a lot of theories out there about who Azor Ahai really is. Melisandre believes it is Stannis Baratheon, but we all know that isn't true. The top two theories of who it possibly could be are Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow, which both make sense. But personally for me, I believe it is Jon Snow, because in "A Dance With Dragons" there is a scene that a lot of people say will lead to Jon's "rebirth". And it is prophesized that Azor Ahai will be reborn from death.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.[8]

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

These are just two examples from the books that mention the Azor Ahai prophecy, but what do you all think? Who do you think is the true Azor Ahai?

The thing I never understood about AA/PwwP was this. Lets say your a White Walker and you know there is this ancient prophecy out there about a guy with a flaming sword that's going to kick your ass...why would just sit back and wait? Especially if a guy with a flaming sword already beat you up pretty good once. If I knew that sword is out there, I would be trying to get it before the other team does.

Anyway, that's my opinion why Benjen is missing. He went looking for Dawn/Lightbringer for the White Walkers or Bloodraven.

Obviously there are a lot of theories out there about who Azor Ahai really is. Melisandre believes it is Stannis Baratheon, but we all know that isn't true. The top two theories of who it possibly could be are Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow, which both make sense. But personally for me, I believe it is Jon Snow, because in "A Dance With Dragons" there is a scene that a lot of people say will lead to Jon's "rebirth". And it is prophesized that Azor Ahai will be reborn from death.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.[8]

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

These are just two examples from the books that mention the Azor Ahai prophecy, but what do you all think? Who do you think is the true Azor Ahai?

The Jon lovers always read this different from myself personally. 'AA shall be born again' means there was an AA long ago and he has been re-incarnated, come again probably to save the world from the Others. Not that the incarnation him/herself will die and be reborn. It's not Neo from the Matrix, but more like the Dalai Lama.

The Jon lovers always read this different from myself personally. 'AA shall be born again' means there was an AA long ago and he has been re-incarnated, come again probably to save the world from the Others. Not that the incarnation him/herself will die and be reborn. It's not Neo from the Matrix, but more like the Dalai Lama.

I'd appreciate it if u didn't lump everyone into a moronic combo. Dany is AA, it was spelled out, I'll be happy to insult everyone when the books are done, because as I said it is obvious, I will not insult people about unobvious stuff.

The thing I never understood about AA/PwwP was this. Lets say your a White Walker and you know there is this ancient prophecy out there about a guy with a flaming sword that's going to kick your ass...why would just sit back and wait? Especially if a guy with a flaming sword already beat you up pretty good once. If I knew that sword is out there, I would be trying to get it before the other team does.

Anyway, that's my opinion why Benjen is missing. He went looking for Dawn/Lightbringer for the White Walkers or Bloodraven.

Possible the new wights are not aware of what happened? Being it was so long ago?

That said I dont get too much into these topics, GRRM himself probably does not even 100% know who is going to be what, he has a basis yes, but has probably switched it now and then and tosses in all types of bs hints and loops so that every person and their mother has some type of source info that can cause reason to make it them

believe it is Jon Snow, because in "A Dance With Dragons" there is a scene that a lot of people say will lead to Jon's "rebirth". And it is prophesized that Azor Ahai will be reborn from death.

Actually the theory says born amidst salt and smoke, but maybe it can be interpreted as reborn, I assume.

Well... this is my personal theory on AA, Three Dragon Heads, The Prince... : Smoke and Mirrors.

... a prophecy is like a treacherous woman. She takes your member in her mouth, and you moan with the pleasure of it and think, how sweet, how fine, how good this is ... and then her teeth snap shut and your moans turn to screams. That is the nature of prophecy. Prophecy will bite your prick off every time.

And this is my second theory. Thank you Gorghan of Old Ghis

Of the three mythical heroes we are given, Azor Ahai, the Prince that was promised and the last hero all have analogs. Dany would be AA reborn. her dragon would be the flaming sword. She was born amongst salt on DS and reborn in smoke when her dragons hatched. Jon snow would be the prince that was promised, Descended form the line of Aerys and Rhaella. Bran is the last hero, seeking the CTOF for knowledge and magic to fight the impending invasion of the evil, light, warmth and life hating others.

I like Dany and Jon equally so don't take this as bias.

But Dany has already woken dragons from stone, not metaphorically, it's been hinted at, she's done it.

She's already been reborn in smoke.

There was a bleeding comet in the sky when it happened.

I don't see how there's any confusion.

I'd appreciate it if u didn't lump everyone into a moronic combo. Dany is AA, it was spelled out, I'll be happy to insult everyone when the books are done, because as I said it is obvious, I will not insult people about unobvious stuff.

I meant no offense. I also don't see the point of insulting everyone when the books are done, but if you feel the need.

Dany may very well be AA, or Jon or Jamie or maybe AA/PtwP/LH/StMtW could all be crap in the first place, a myth and a red herring for fans to obsess with. Either way I don't see how the conclusion is obvious, several people have been put in the situation that could fit the legend.

I'll add that I don't understand the obsession with those legends having to be a Targ. If anything I'd think the original hero(s) of old would be First Men, not Valyrian.

I think it's Jon and that Dany is a red herring. I thought it was probably Dany before the last book, but ADWD changed my mind because of all of the foreshadowing and clues related to Jon.

Of the three mythical heroes we are given, Azor Ahai, the Prince that was promised and the last hero all have analogs. Dany would be AA reborn. her dragon would be the flaming sword. She was born amongst salt on DS and reborn in smoke when her dragons hatched. Jon snow would be the prince that was promised, Descended form the line of Aerys and Rhaella. Bran is the last hero, seeking the CTOF for knowledge and magic to fight the impending invasion of the evil, light, warmth and life hating others.

This works. It also works to swap Jon and Dany. She's also of Aerys and Rhaella's line. And Jon may have been born amidst smoke (from a fire) and salt (Lyanna's tears) while a red star (Dayne, working for the Targaryens) bled.

Yeah, so much of the clues apply to both of them.I just figure with Dany and the dragons she already has something that shoots fire and Jon dies not. Although with the Watch is lightbringer theory then Jon could AA reborn and then Dany would be the princess that was promised

Archived