Azor Ahai

laurenlittledove

Obviously there are a lot of theories out there about who Azor Ahai really is. Melisandre believes it is Stannis Baratheon, but we all know that isn't true. The top two theories of who it possibly could be are Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow, which both make sense. But personally for me, I believe it is Jon Snow, because in "A Dance With Dragons" there is a scene that a lot of people say will lead to Jon's "rebirth". And it is prophesized that Azor Ahai will be reborn from death.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.[8]

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

These are just two examples from the books that mention the Azor Ahai prophecy, but what do you all think? Who do you think is the true Azor Ahai?

I think Daenerys is Azor Ahai and lightbringer is dark sister the ancestral Targaryen Valiryian steel sword, its described as a slender blade built for a womans hand, also its last known owner was Brynden Rivers, whos Blood Raven, who I believe is the half wierwood greenseer/ three eyed crow who is very much in Others territory, I think the reason that the three eyed crow needed Bran to get to him so bad was so Bran could become a greenseer and get a message to Daenerys to come beyond the wall and claim dark sister/ light bringer. Dont you think it kind of makes sense to the way he does the opposites like Ice/Fire Dark/Light

does everyone believe that mel thinks stannis is azor ahai? its beyond the realms of possibility that she is just using stannis as AA has been revealed in the flame/she hasn't met a likely candidate and stannis has/had power and a sense of duty which could easily be manipulated. thoughts?

does everyone believe that mel thinks stannis is azor ahai? its beyond the realms of possibility that she is just using stannis as AA has been revealed in the flame/she hasn't met a likely candidate and stannis has/had power and a sense of duty which could easily be manipulated. thoughts?

Well, since we were given her POV, yeah, I don't see how it's in doubt that she believes that Stannis is AAR. She's honestly confused when she asks R'hollor to see AAR (ie: Stannis), and only gets visions about Jon Snow.

I think Daenerys is Azor Ahai and lightbringer is dark sister the ancestral Targaryen Valiryian steel sword, its described as a slender blade built for a womans hand, also its last known owner was Brynden Rivers, whos Blood Raven, who I believe is the half wierwood greenseer/ three eyed crow who is very much in Others territory, I think the reason that the three eyed crow needed Bran to get to him so bad was so Bran could become a greenseer and get a message to Daenerys to come beyond the wall and claim dark sister/ light bringer. Dont you think it kind of makes sense to the way he does the opposites like Ice/Fire Dark/Light

LOL. Okay don't die!

Dark sister could be lightbringer. I am of the opinion that it is an existing sword, not one that needs to be forged like the original....that would be waaay to close to 'reforge the sword' from LOTR. And, obviously, I think it's a sword, not a symbolic sword that stands for something else as some do.

Dany is probably AA. My best guess is that the AA and Prince that was promised are related but possibly separate and that Dany is one and Jon the other.

You're right that Bloodraven is the three-eyed crow and Bran's mentor.

Not so sure about Dark Sister though. At the time the original Azor Ahai would have lived there was no steel of any kind in Westeros. Given the connection to Asshai, it would seem possible the Last Hero/AA went there after winning the Battle for the Dawn. That works fine. It explains how the Asshai'i know about the story (and I have this idea that Azor Ahai is just Asshai'i for Last Hero anyway). But then how did the sword end up in the hands of the Targaryens who lived in Valyria? And how did it get to the Last Hero in the first place? All questions that could certainly be answered in the next books, but pretty big questions.

Archived