damphair is the best character

greggs92

It was mostly a response to the headbanging comment but yours was a response to that and it seemed fitting to include it.

It really wasn't meant seriously, as I said, everybody his/her own, and the majority should decide of course (And Arianne hears in her sample chapter tales about real krakens, so I don't mind it).

Oh, and about the headbanging, I just love emoticons way too much :blushing: :wacko: :rolleyes:.

Oh, my bad. Sorry about that.

Well I'm also a Euron fan. :cool4: ... really though, I love all of Balon's brothers... not sure if I can say the same for his children.

Oh, I love his children even more! His children... and his brothers... and his brother-in-law... basically everybody expect Balon himself.

This exchange is hilarious...

... and creepy...

... and creepy...

Exactly. And hey, I wouldn't be doing my civic duty if I'm not here to poke at the Dampy lovers. :p :thumbsup: :kiss: :grouphug:

Let's just say that Euron was calling him Damphair long before anyone else was... :drunk:

:stunned:

The Drowned God gives every man a gift, even him; no man could piss longer or farther than Aeron Greyjoy, as he proved at every feast. Once he bet his new longship against a herd of goats that he could quench a hearthfire with no more than his cock. Aeron feasted on goat for a year, and named the longship Golden Storm, though Balon threatened to hang him from her mast when he heard what sort of ram his brother proposed to mount upon her prow.

As much as I love stannis the mannis and dolorous "what is edd may never die" edd after a reread and reading that quote about aeron greyjoy I love it. Side note, I was readimg and my 86 yr old gram was by me and I started laughing, she asked what was funny and when I told her she was cracking up as well

No godless man may sit the seastone chair!!

:agree: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :whip:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reaver, I've gone back over this thread and I'm curious, what part of my comments do you think is "crapping" other than that you probably just disagree and don't like me? Because nothing here was spiteful and an outright attack like yours.

so basically Damphair is the dick-drawing kid from Superbad?
My first comment. It's a joke based on the OP's example of "best." I know you like to steal my jokes so it's strange that you didn't see this as one.

And they still didn't want it! That's so hilarious....
Another jest about a real occurance. Many find Aeron boring. That's not my fault. I wonder whose it is...

I've been mulling this over and I've come up with a final verdict.
I hate Aeron Greyjoy. He's a terrible person. He's a well-written character. He has well-written chapters... but that's not exactly a standout. He's #15 in a list of 24 characters minus prologues and epilogues. GRRM is a good writer. He rarely lapses in world/culture building and getting into his characters' heads. His chapters might be a little bit better written because it seems from interviews that he had to work at them for a long time, numerous rewrites, reedits. But hardly standout. I love Feast and Dance, and I do appreciate that he can write characters well... but the Damphair is a just plain terrible, delusional, sexist, violent, person and I just don't enjoy reading him.
This is a well thought out comment of mine pointing out something I truly mean. I'll admit it all you want if that's your fancy. The Greyjoy POVs are written well. But they're terrible people.

Are you kidding? I love Feast. It has a lot of funny moments, a lot dramatic ones, lots of world buildings, and most importantly the triumphant return of my Lady. I just hate the Greyjoys and think the Arms of the Kraken should have stayed as a novella in a magazine somewhere.
This was a response to the short-sighted comment that one cannot enjoy Feast without liking the Greyjoys. I loved Feast and I don't like the Greyjoys, never will.

No it's a novella about three terrible people
Did this make you mad? Direct your anger at GRRM for making the Greyjoy bros terrible people.

Perhaps instead question why they liked Arianne better than him instead of questioning their credibility? These weren't school children attending his reading. These were most likely dedicated fans like you and I, and if they wanted Arianne over Dampbrain that should probably tell you something...
A response to the suggestion that the crowd didn't make the right decision and a valid point, going back to the fact that many people reacted negatively to the Arms of the Kraken, not just me.

This exchange is hilarious...

I genuinely thought this conversation was funny and was enjoying this thread until your own crapping came along.

So as far as I can tell your problem is just with me and my mere presence in a thread about your favorite characters otherwise you might have replied to an actual comment and challenged me on it rather than just passive aggressively attacking.

The Aeron Greyjoy TWOW POV chapter is something I'm really looking forward to. Good point about the recovered addict swinging far the other way into religious zealot. An apt comparison, that. Damphair has more conviction than any character we've met so far & I find that admirable and interesting. If he rouses the small folk of the Iron Isles into a populist uprising it could be a very poignant reflection of modern events. Also I hope he summons an actual kraken.

Go not to Pyke, to bow before the godless, nor to Harlaw, to consort with scheming women. Point your prow toward Old Wyk, where stood the Grey King’s Hall. In the name of the Drowned God I summon you. I summon all of you! Leave your halls and hovels, your castles and your keeps, and return to Nagga’s hill to make a kingsmoot!”

& btw: LordStoneHeart, the more you protest the worse you come off, just leave it alone maybe.

& btw: LordStoneHeart, the more you protest the worse you come off, just leave it alone maybe.

Protest? I was merely asking why LR thinks I was "threadcrapping" when the majority of my comments were valid and a few were jokes, things people tend not to take seriously.

I mean arguing back & forth on the internet &/or cut/pasting all your comments w/ further explanation defending your honor. It gobbles up space & detracts from the original post. We all have favorite characters and things we react strongly to. It's not personal. & popularity is not indicative of quality, as McDonalds, foxnews, & various pop musicians attest to.

Back to the OP, I wonder do people think will happen in that TWOW Damphair pov chapter GRRM offered to read? Has he said anymore about it besides it was good?

I mean arguing back & forth on the internet &/or cut/pasting all your comments w/ further explanation defending your honor.

Hey don't blame me. someone accused me of threadcrapping first and I responded. I realize nothing on this screen matters but my posts were more relevant than "good job guys... Also, fuck that guy."

But yes, back to OP. I simply disagree that he's the "best" character based on a piss and dick joke, but that's just me.

That quote makes me wish we got the old Aeron instead of Damphair

Obviously I agree (I opened the thread) its just so well written, personally I dont like the ironborn and I want euron and vic to get crushed however, the way grrm wrote the characters is amazing. The sibling rivalry the possibility of molestation and just in general how crazy all three are. The chapters are refreshing and somewhat unpredictable, what crazy thing will damnphair do? How deranged is euron? And is there a character stupider/ more badass than vic?

I dont think I should have to point this out however, personally molestation is horrible. Woth that being said, the way it's worked into the story is amazong and I dunno damphairs chapters are some of ghe besr written. (I know itd only a theory euron molested him)

All three Greyjoy are fascinating and great to read about.

But they're also all terrible human beings who I hope all eventually get an axe to the head at some point. I give a bit of a pass to Aeron because of the possible abuse when he was a kid. I wonder what's Euron's excuse, though?

I just realized now, that the "Dusky Woman = Euron"-theory might be less far-fetched than I actually thought. At least, I wouldn't put it past him, after all he has done :uhoh:

Now seriously, the ending of "The Drowned Man" disturbed and unsettled me... How much younger than Euron is Aeron? More than / around 10 years, IMO; as the youngest Greyjoy brother, he's maybe in his late-30s, Euron looks young and attractive (no grey strands of hair, etc.), but Balon was already maybe in his early- till late-50s, so I'd imagine Euron to be around his middle- or late-40s... I don't want to know the details about the things he has done to Aeron and/or Urrigon, but I hope Aeron gets some revenge in the next book.

Archived