Was there almost like zero houses that wanted to marry into the Frey family?

Wavey Sauce

With all the kids he has piled up and so few have been married off. A real select few, is it that nobody wants their child with that wackjob of a family, or does Walder Frey most likely deny marriage to "lower" houses that he doesnt view are up to par with his house, meaning he thinks his family is in the same field as Tully and Stark etc

Freys are far from poor, but yet there is unmarried people piled up all over the place there, and it def sounded that Lord Walder more than once tried to marry some of them off.

Best 2 houses he got someone into was Bolton (taking the fattest girl so could get weight in silver). And Tully (Where Edmure was just part of a plot and he ended up in a dungeon.

So does nobody want to even associate with them or does he feel that their family name should only deserve them another prominent family to be crossed into

Have you looked at the Wiki? The Freys have married into plenty of families, some of the most prominent families in Westeros.

Its been so long, yes you are correct to an extent. I guess not the major house players, but he still has a shit load of people piled up that have not been married, but numerous of their marriages slipped my mind a bit.

I do remember when Robb stark fucked up and caused the RW, his whole side viewed it that Walder marrying a daughter to a Tully was already way much more than he deserved and he should consider himself lucky to even get a Tully, something of that nature is how they all acted.

Weird how when Tywin gave the Freys his support, he never proposed any Lannister member (not his direct house) to marry a Frey out of some kind of insurance, and knowing how Frey was big onto getting a Frey member into a major player house that is a bit odd

Its been so long, yes you are correct to an extent. I guess not the major house players, but he still has a shit load of people piled up that have not been married, but numerous of their marriages slipped my mind a bit.

I do remember when Robb stark fucked up and caused the RW, his whole side viewed it that Walder marrying a daughter to a Tully was already way much more than he deserved and he should consider himself lucky to even get a Tully, something of that nature is how they all acted.

Weird how when Tywin gave the Freys his support, he never proposed any Lannister member (not his direct house) to marry a Frey out of some kind of insurance, and knowing how Frey was big onto getting a Frey member into a major player house that is a bit odd

Lancel married Amerei and Daven, the current Warden of the West, was promised a Frey bride.

He was already connected to the Freys through his sister Genna and Walders second son Emmon.

Yeah, Walder had plenty of family members married into noble houses of different sizes, some bigger and more ranked socially than his own.

The problem is he has so MANY family members to marry off. There just aren't enough noble houses to accommodate a family that multiplies like rabbits.

House Frey has married into a huge number of noble Houses, and they aren't all from.the Riverlands either.

They've wed Royces in the Vale, Crakehalls and Lannisters in the Westerlands, Carons in the Stormlands, Rosbys in the Crownlands, various Riverlords. They've even wed people.from the Free Cities. And those are just the ones I can think of offhand

Say one thing for the Freys, they know how to make a marriage pact

Due to sheer numbers and wealth they have married into a good few but there does seem to be a distaste for letting a family member marry a frey (lil tywins outburst for example)

The main source of their wealth we assume comes from their bridge toll which may cause the distaste , or it may simply be a desire to not be drawn into the forthcomming huge dispute when walder dies between the frey factions

Walder Frey has so many children and grandchildren that it's not surprising he spends so much of his time trying to marry them off. Hoster Tully refused to marry his children to any Freys because he didn't think them worthy (I assume anyway, and I don't think he was the only one) - he was right of course but if Edmure had already been married to a Frey before AGoT, then he wouldn't have had any trouble getting them to join him and Robb would never have had to make a marriage pact then. I think people only agreed to marry Freys when there was a clear benefit to it (which is obviously usually the case in Westeros). I think the Freys are going to find it a lot more difficult to make marriage alliances now though.

Jon Arryn should've married a Frey. There would be a crowd of stoatish falcons all over KL. Tywin objected to the Genna-Emmon match because at the time Genna was the first Lannister Lady and Emmon wasn't even the Frey heir(if the intended was Stevron, then it would be a different thing). Notice that the implication was that Roger Reyne wanted Genna to marry into his own family, so a slight was included in the whole thing.

Lancel married Amerei and Daven, the current Warden of the West, was promised a Frey bride.

He was already connected to the Freys through his sister Genna and Walders second son Emmon.

Went back and saw, never caught the first time or def slipped my mind

Jon Arryn should've married a Frey. There would be a crowd of stoatish falcons all over KL. Tywin objected to the Genna-Emmon match because at the time Genna was the first Lannister Lady and Emmon wasn't even the Frey heir(if the intended was Stevron, then it would be a different thing). Notice that the implication was that Roger Reyne wanted Genna to marry into his own family, so a slight was included in the whole thing.

PEOPLE SNICKER WHEN I HAVE A YOUNG GIRL

BUT NOBODY EVER SAID ANYTHING WHEN JOHN ARRYN MARRIED THE LITTLE TULLY BITCH

lmao

Archived