WorldCon 2014: CONTACT LIST

Text messaging has been a very good way to find others at conventions in the past. It's certainly the fastest way I have of communicating with everyone on the ground. As such, I'm getting together a phone list for this year's convention.

Send me your phone number to this email address: xraythemod [at] gmail dot com

I will make a Google doc (and share it with anyone who has gmail) with all* of those numbers in it, so people can stay in touch.

*If you would prefer to not have your phone number on the Google Doc, let me know. I will retain it for my use at the convention, but I will NOT put it in the shareable document.

Mr. X and I won't know our UK phone numbers until next week.

You can let me (and everyone else) know that you've sent me your contact info in the thread here.

Also, linky to the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/532631506801816/

ETA: I now have phone contacts for:

Maltaran

Adz

Alytha

Aratan

Aoife

Flip

Lyanna

Liffguard

Yolkboy

World's Strongest Hobo

Sam of Tarth

Mountain Goat

Sophelia

Williamjm

Skylark

Mr. Darcy's Cat

Deedles (?)

Anyone on this list wish to opt out of the shared document? Send me an email at xraythemod at gmail and I'll make sure you're not on the final doc.

I'll share this document on Tuesday when we get into UK and have our UK phone numbers. :)

Feel free to PM each other and swap numbers as well. I found that as long as a critical mass of people got a message, most of the group would eventually get it as well.

Can't wait to see you all!

just a thought

I am not sure how many people here use google hangouts, but they work independent of sms/phone company ie as long as you have wifi, maybe we could include google contact info as well for people who care to? Or who are choosing not to buy a uk sim card. (Not that I am trying to make more work for the X's as they have already gone above and far beyond, and I would like to thank both Xray and Mr X for all their work so far and during the con too!)

I will have a UK number, but also wont know it until Wednesday.

eta: I just noticed the mention of the FB group in the party thread, that is probably more useful than the hangouts idea so, nothing to see here, carry on :leaving:

eta: I just noticed the mention of the FB group in the party thread, that is probably more useful than the hangouts idea so, nothing to see here, carry on :leaving:

Hangouts are useful for people who don't use Facebook on their phones. :)

Sent mine too. Lots of BwB already have it. Just put me down on the google doc as Sophelia (Sophie).

Sophie

P.S. I'm not on Facebook so text messaging or whatsapp works best for me.

We get into London tomorrow so will send ours once we get it :-)

I'll say in advance I never ever answer phone calls or have my phone off silent so text will be better than calling if anyone wants to contact us.

Archived