Are there any dark-haired half-Targaryens?

Lew

Longtime lurker and longtime R+L=J believer here. I just watched the latest Preston Jacobs video on YouTube espousing R+L=D and B+A=J. I'm not sold on his theory, but it's the first time I've legitimately questioned R+L=J .

It seems every Targaryen we see in ASOIAF has the aggressive white hair / purple-eyed Valyrian look. Meanwhile we see Ned and Cat produce one child that favors Ned (Arya) and three more that favor Cat so we know the Stark look doesn't dominate. If we think back to AGoT, the fact that Baratheons never produce blonde children was taken to be strong evidence of the twincest. The Baratheon dark-haired look dominates.

As I'm typing this I'm reminded that Stannis, Robert, and Renly are part Targ and have no evidence of Valyrian looks, but they're more distant than half-Targ.

Are there any half-Targs that have dark hair and dark eyes? If not, what does that say about R+L=J?

There are many dark haired Targaryens like Rhaenys, Baelor Breakspear, etc.

ETA: R+L=J has literally been discussed for years. Don't you think that something like this would have already been discussed or would've already disproven the theory?

Also, he was a first time poster by the looks of it. No need to be a dick...

I could be completely wrong, but IIRC, inbreeding weakens your genes competitive viability, making it less like your features will trump the other person's. I thought I heard/read that back in H.S., but it's been awhile.

Not necessarily. Sometimes they do (Baelor Breakspear, Rhaenys, Steffon Baratheon...Jon Snow), sometimes they don't (Maekar, Aegon).

True, but he's too young to include, IMO. Hair color can change a lot early (and later) on in life.

Longtime lurker and longtime R+L=J believer here. I just watched the latest Preston Jacobs video on YouTube espousing R+L=D and B+A=J. I'm not sold on his theory, but it's the first time I've legitimately questioned R+L=J .

It seems every Targaryen we see in ASOIAF has the aggressive white hair / purple-eyed Valyrian look. Meanwhile we see Ned and Cat produce one child that favors Ned (Arya) and three more that favor Cat so we know the Stark look doesn't dominate. If we think back to AGoT, the fact that Baratheons never produce blonde children was taken to be strong evidence of the twincest. The Baratheon dark-haired look dominates.

As I'm typing this I'm reminded that Stannis, Robert, and Renly are part Targ and have no evidence of Valyrian looks, but they're more distant than half-Targ.

Are there any half-Targs that have dark hair and dark eyes? If not, what does that say about R+L=J?

Who's the D in R+L=D?

Is the other one supposed to be Brandon and Ashara as Jon's parents? I never understood that reasoning. It makes no sense that Ned would be passing Brandon's bastard as his. Why the heck would he do that?! And why keep the identity of the mother, and the father, such a big secret? Not to mention constantly thinking about a promise to Lyanna, about Lyanna and Rhaegar. ..

True, but he's too young to include, IMO. Hair color can change a lot early (and later) on in life.

I was born with really blonde hair and had it till about the age of 9, it slowly started turning brown, I'm 27 now and it's brown as shit.

Although I don't believe aegon is a true targ, we've seen what happens when a targ and a Martell produce a child and, in the dunk and egg novellas, dark ass hair. Aegon is bittersteel's ancestor.

I was born with really blonde hair and had it till about the age of 9, it slowly started turning brown, I'm 27 now and it's brown as shit.

Although I don't believe aegon is a true targ, we've seen what happens when a targ and a Martell produce a child and, in the dunk and egg novellas, dark ass hair. Aegon is bittersteel's ancestor.

My brother, sister, and I all had like platinum blonde hair when we were little. My hair didn't turn totally brown until I shaved my head for a charity thing at 19. It started turning around 17, same with my brother and sister. My dad has almost black hair and my mom dirty blonde. Even now my facial hair grows in blonde before it turns brown.

Archived