(f)Aegon is Leia

The Last Ray Gun

Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

After my second read, I got the crackpot idea that Jon and Aegon are twins.

Assuming that R+L=J is true, what if Aegon isn't the real Aegon, but Jon's twin.

Ned obviously couldn't claim a Targ-looking kid was his bastard, so he sent him with someone else after ToJ. Varys/Illyrio could have found out and then re-appropriated him, but gave him Aegon's identity for the stronger claim to the throne. The real Aegon and Jon's twin wouldn't be far apart in age, especially after a few years, for anyone to tell the difference.

Jon lives with his uncle (Luke), (f)Aegon is sent away and groomed for leadership (Leia).

Given all of GRRM's two-sides-of-a-coin imagery and the whole fire & ice narrative, a clash of these two princes seems logical, yes?

I wish I had copies of the books with me so I could research this further. Thoughts?

I've seen this theory before and I quite like it as an alternative.

But the main sticking point with it (aside from zero evidence that is) is how did Aegon end up Varys and Illyrio?

I've seen it as well. Some have hypothesized that Ned went to Starfall with both babies, and Ashara, still grieving the loss of her baby, agreed to raise Aegon in secret or something. However, this would almost necessitate SL=AD, which has many issues in and of itself. Still, it might explain Ned's weird reaction to Cat mentioning Ashara's name? :dunno:

Put this in the "crackpot" category, but a crackpot that I wouldn't mind.

I've seen it as well. Some have hypothesized that Ned went to Starfall with both babies, and Ashara, still grieving the loss of her baby, agreed to raise Aegon in secret or something. However, this would almost necessitate SL=AD, which has many issues in and of itself. Still, it might explain Ned's weird reaction to Cat mentioning Ashara's name? :dunno:

Put this in the "crackpot" category, but a crackpot that I wouldn't mind.

I really like this theory and would love if it were true. The Song of ice and fire being twins brought up as Stark and Targaryen sounds quite brilliant.

And yeah, SL's eyes never being mentioned is inconsistent with the way Martin writes and that's the biggest problem with the SL=AD theory for me.

I really like this theory and would love if it were true. The Song of ice and fire being twins brought up as Stark and Targaryen sounds quite brilliant.

And yeah, SL's eyes never being mentioned is inconsistent with the way Martin writes and that's the biggest problem with the SL=AD theory for me.

Yeah, I'm oddly drawn to it too. But I agree about SL's eyes and Martin's writing style. There's also a slight age issue...Tyrion pegs SL as being in her 40s (a bit too old) when he seems to have a tendency to undercut people's ages (thought Jon was 12).

Yeah, I'm oddly drawn to it too. But I agree about SL's eyes and Martin's writing style. There's also a slight age issue...Tyrion pegs SL as being in her 40s (a bit too old) when he seems to have a tendency to undercut people's ages (thought Jon was 12).

I think Jon and Aegon are both 15. I also always thought that Wylla was more likely to be SL than AD, if she was anyone (if, of course, any of this turns out to be right).

--Edit: Sorry, Chebyshov. I get what you're saying now. Disregard :)

Very interesting and possible, but there is no indication that Vary's knows about Jon(assuming R+L=J), so how would he know about his twin?

People talk. Could be that he found out about Aegon but no one knew that Jon was a twin. Maybe AD, HR, and the Ned were the only ones that knew the truth (maybe even just HR and Ned). Everyone else could have just been told that Jon was Ned's bastard.

The real question is who is Obi-van Kenobi in this scenario.

JonConobi?

I like the whole Ashera was murdered by someone to get ahold of Ageon. That would be cool. I also like Ageon not being a total fAgeon but being a different Ageon who is still a son of Rheagar but not the Ageon he claims to be.

wait how is that possible (ageon being 18) wasnt he just baby durring the sack of Kingslanding like a baby baby not a toddler. I thought he was only a few mounths old. if he was 18 wouldnt that make him 2 durring the sack

So i was wondering why Ned risked taking Jon in if he had the potential to look like a Targ but then i realized something. Ashera looks Valaryian so he could have just told Robert Ashera was the mom and Jons looks are Dayne not Targ.

Archived