"The Winds of Winter" Possible POVs

srini

I like to present my list of Possible POVs in "The Winds of Winter".

I like your feedback.

Known POVs:

Tyrion Lannister
Barristan Selmy
Arianne Martell
Arya Stark
Sansa Stark
Theon Greyjoy
Victarion Greyjoy
Aeron Greyjoy

Highly Possible POVs:

Daenerys Targaryen
Cersei Lannister
Bran Stark
Jon Connington
Jaime Lannister
Davos Seaworth
Samwell Tarly
Brienne of Tarth

You didn't mention Areo Hotah, Asha Greyjoy, Jon Connington and Melisandre - it is possible that some character that was POV in the previous books might not get a POV in the Winds of Winter, but I think that all living characters will return for at least one or two chapters (Martin said that he tries to give all of his POV characters some sort of an arc in the story, and many of these characters introduced in the previous two books "have not finished their arcs") - it could be that some of them will die soon in the book, because there are so many POV characters, but I think they will all return. Also, I think that there will be no new POV character except the Prologue (as Martin has said) and that the Winds of Winter won't have an Epilogue.

Davos is pretty much given as he is off to Skagos to fetch Rickon.

Bran's story isn't finished and he has probably an important role to play.

Melisandre is currently the only POV at the Wall, so I assume that she'll have one or more chapters.

Sam has an intriguing storyline at the Citadel, with Sarella Sand in disguise and a pending Ironborn attack on Oldtown.

Jaime's POV might absorb Brienne's but I think that's unlikely unless she dies early on.

Jon Connington could be replaced by Arianne.

Areo Hotah will surely be the POV in the Darkstar plot.

I'm very curious about whether Jon Snow will continue as a POV or not.

I think Arianne or Jon C may die while they're together so one POV is reduced (I feel like this everytime two POVs meet).

I'd like more Melisandre chapters but I'm not sure if Martin wants to reveal so much about her now. I also think Davos will definitely get chapters, I only hope that his absence for almost a book means Martin will cut his travelogue, and Dany is confirmed too.

Wasn't it confirmed by George R. R. Martin that we will be seeing the Battle of Storm's End directly through the eyes of a POV character? I think I have seen it mentioned somewhere, I don't have a source, but if this is true, then Jon Connington should be in.

It was a joke GRRM made at a con 3 years ago. Who knows if he was serious or not though.

Wasn't it confirmed by George R. R. Martin that we will be seeing the Battle of Storm's End directly through the eyes of a POV character? I think I have seen it mentioned somewhere, I don't have a source, but if this is true, then Jon Connington should be in.

A battle almost no one cares about while we already know the outcome? Ok, then. I don't mind... just a little.

I don't think we will have another Asha POV. I think Asha will die very soon.

I disagree with regards to Asha. She may die in TWoW, but I'm pretty sure she'll be a POV character until then. We need more resolution for her character that can only be achieved through POV chapters.

I think Areo is a goner.

I don't see why Areo would die. GRRM kills of characters for at least one of two reasons (usually both): 1. The character's death has an effect on the audience (upsetting us (Ned), making us happy (Joffrey), and keeping the audience on their toes (all the major character deaths), and 2. the death has plot-affecting ramifications (Ned's death really gets the War of the Five Kings going, Joffrey's death sees Tommen ascend to the throne and leads to Tyrion's trial, as well as getting Sansa out of KL).

Which of these with Areo's death accomplish? It has been scientifically proven that it is humanly impossible to feel any emotion whatsoever towards the character, and I can't really see the death of Doran's bodyguard having any ramifications, unless he is killed on the way to someone killing Doran, which is very unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...

Asha and Jon Con will die early to give room for Theon and Arianne.

I don't think JonCon will die. Arianne will not be leading battles so she and JonCon POVs can exist together. Given that JonCon caught a deadly disease, I think he will stay alive more than anticipated.

Archived