Sasquan Spokane 2015 Worldcon

Anyone up there know how far Fairchild is from the Con? Thinking about staying at lodging on base.

I took a look at Google Maps. It's about 20 miles and somewhat over 1/2 hour by car, and somewhat over an hour by buses. I think the distance/time was measured from the AFB gate, and to the Marriott next to the convention center.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. It's only a 4 hour drive. I was going to fly ($85) but I didn't realise it was that close.

Maybe just bus it. I'm unlikely to drive. Just too much trouble given I wouldn't need a car again until post con.

I have only actually organised flights into and out of US. Plus con hotel.

Well, I have not yet organized my trip (probably won't until next month at the earliest) but I believe the Stubbies are doing Seattle first, as well, and they and I talked about a carpool, since I was considering renting one. I can keep you in the loop if you'd like.

Huh. It's only a 4 hour drive. I was going to fly ($85) but I didn't realise it was that close.

Maybe just bus it. I'm unlikely to drive. Just too much trouble given I wouldn't need a car again until post con.

I have only actually organised flights into and out of US. Plus con hotel.

Will be great to see you again, mate.

This is all we have done as well, to this stage.

Well, I have not yet organized my trip (probably won't until next month at the earliest) but I believe the Stubbies are doing Seattle first, as well, and they and I talked about a carpool, since I was considering renting one. I can keep you in the loop if you'd like.

Still keen on a carpool.

Starting to get just a little bit excited now. :D

Starting to get just a little bit excited now. :D

Me, too. After this long, harsh winter, I'm really looking forward to floating down a river and hanging out at all the beautiful parks in Spokane. I'm sort of wondering if I'll have time to do con things other than BwB-related stuff. Can we all just hang out at the park all day and barbecue and drink beer? >.>

Me, too. After this long, harsh winter, I'm really looking forward to floating down a river and hanging out at all the beautiful parks in Spokane. I'm sort of wondering if I'll have time to do con things other than BwB-related stuff. Can we all just hang out at the park all day and barbecue and drink beer? >.>

If that's not on the official program, it should be.

If that's not on the official program, it should be.

12:00pm - Bowl & Pitcher Park: Sitting in lawn chairs staring at the river and occasionally saying "yup" for no apparent reason. Whittling wood optional. Beer mandatory.

2:00pm - Riverside State Park: Floating down the Spokane River on a raft, falling asleep, and waking up somewhere in Idaho.

12:00pm - Bowl & Pitcher Park: Sitting in lawn chairs staring at the river and occasionally saying "yup" for no apparent reason. Whittling wood optional. Beer mandatory.

2:00pm - Riverside State Park: Floating down the Spokane River on a raft, falling asleep, and waking up somewhere in Idaho.

I'm in. Sounds awesome.

Frisco,

I like that idea.

Recommendation: don't take a bus if you can avoid it. It's like an 8-9 hour hellish drive of suck, and the US busses are horrible. If you aren't going to go by plane or carpool, take the train at least.

It's officially official. I will be attending WorldCon! I'm pretty stoked, are you stoked? I am definitely stoked.

Should I bring fudge again?

I am most definitely bringing these wonderful fruits called 'Moon and Stars Watermelons'. At this moment they are cuuuuuuuuuute wittle baby seedlings but through the course of the show, they will grow much like our love of Kaleesi.

I am also growing 13 varieties of tomatoes and 13 varieties of peppers so it stands to reason that much salsa will be borne of this union.

I will be driving from Idaho (And as such will be able to collect random BWB ahem...what would we call it...floaties from the river on my way home) so I can accommodate 4 more people along the way. I live 4 hours from SLC Utah so i could be persued to pick up from the airport there.

PM me.

:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. And we should.

Archived