Sasquan Spokane 2015 Worldcon

Lily, what's involved in running a table?

Just answering questions about the committee, venue and trying to hawk pre-supports. New Orleans itself is a pretty easy sell. I mostly just had to reassure people that the date would be before Labor day, that it was air-conditioned and located downtown with easy access to the French Quarter. Even if you could break people a spell now and then it would be great. :)

Hold on a sec... DC17 needs Ser Scott too.

There are a couple of events where we definitely need help.

I ASKED HIM FIRST!!!!

In all seriousness, any night I'm not busy I'll be glad to help. Hopefully we can get tables next to one another so we can chat?

Just answering questions about the committee, venue and trying to hawk pre-supports. New Orleans itself is a pretty easy sell. I mostly just had to reassure people that the date would be before Labor day, that it was air-conditioned and located downtown with easy access to the French Quarter. Even if you could break people a spell now and then it would be great. :)

I ASKED HIM FIRST!!!!

In all seriousness, any night I'm not busy I'll be glad to help. Hopefully we can get tables next to one another so we can chat?

I am on party duty for the most part. Not too much table time. Now, the bids will all be together. I can't guarantee it, but Makotohanabi might be willing to spell you or sit and visit as she isn't locked into DC17 committee work.

No problem. Just let me know when you need me. :)

I am on party duty for the most part. Not too much table time. Now, the bids will all be together. I can't guarantee it, but Makotohanabi might be willing to spell you or sit and visit as she isn't locked into DC17 committee work.

No problem. Just let me know when you need me. :)

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU! :)

Beniowa, you snuck off on me without getting a proper goodbye. Thank you so much for your help at ConQuest. I seriously could NOT have managed without you. :cries:

Bill, I'll pay Makotohanabi in stolen blood if necessary. Thanks

I finally got around to sorting membership and flights etc...

I'm arriving monday night and leaving sunday morning. Can't wait to see everyone!

Awesome news!! Can't wait to see you again and everyone else for that matter.

<snip>

When you have the time, Ser Scot, could you add to the names when everyone is coming in and leaving, or, at least, those who have mentioned it! It would be good to see when folks are going to be there, easily, instead of scrolling through the thread. :) And I need to decide whether to come in on Tuesday or earlier. :P

PSA: If you want to float the Spokane River on Thursday the 20th, go post in the other thread! I'll probably try and give FLOW an accurate-ish headcount in a couple weeks.

(There will be booze, so this will not cut into our drinking time.)

Damn i wish I was going!! I have a question. How do I vote for DC17, I mean, vote for 2017th's site? I was in LoneStarCon but there was nothing to vote for because 2016 had already been determined. I was also at LondonCon. I haven't voted before. Can someone tell me when where and how?

Okay,

The current hottest pepper in the world, the "Carolina Reaper" is available in my home state. Do I need to aquire and bring to Spokane remembering that I need to drink the hot drink this year to attempt to appease the travel gods?

I would do it just for the possibility that a TSA agent would give me crap about them and I might be able to persuade them to try one.

But yes, if they're only locally available, I think you're required to bring some. :p

Damn i wish I was going!! I have a question. How do I vote for DC17, I mean, vote for 2017th's site? I was in LoneStarCon but there was nothing to vote for because 2016 had already been determined. I was also at LondonCon. I haven't voted before. Can someone tell me when where and how?

Baita, Sasquan has information about it here:

http://sasquan.org/site-selection/

Archived