DC 2017, Helsinki 2017, Montreal 2017, or Nippon 2017, advocate your preference

1 hour ago, Pebbles said:

Probably should start a new thread  however

Membership rates go up  at the end of January.

They already look pretty high to me. :wideeyed: Especially for that far in advance. I will already be over 25 by 2017. :/

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

They already look pretty high to me. :wideeyed: Especially for that far in advance. I will already be over 25 by 2017. :/

welcome to life as an Adult.  It will only get more expensive the longer you wait.

You can always buy membership with an instalment plan if that helps.

If you wish to begin an installment plan for an attending membership, please purchase a supporting membership at this time and email [email protected] with "Installment" in the subject header.

Thus at the moment only 35 Euro's for the supporting membership.      or nothing if you voted in the site selection last year.

27 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

welcome to life as an Adult.  It will only get more expensive the longer you wait.

You can always buy membership with an instalment plan if that helps.

Thus at the moment only 35 Euro's for the supporting membership.      or nothing if you voted in the site selection last year.

It really does not, I have no clue at all what I am going to be doing in a year and a half and cannot commit to anything that far in advance.

A day's pass will probably look like a good solution nexr year if I manage to arrange anything at all. I am not that interested in the con itself really, just wish to see some of you good people.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

It really does not, I have no clue at all what I am going to be doing in a year and a half and cannot commit to anything that far in advance.

A day's pass will probably look like a good solution nexr year if I manage to arrange anything at all. I am not that interested in the con itself really, just wish to see some of you good people.

I can understand that, please remember that a Days pass at the door is likely to cost more than the price of full membership right now.    I'm not trying to persuade you either way, and know its difficult to plan so far in advance.   I'd love to see you again as well, its the reason most of us go to cons now.

For those a little more certain and with the money to spare right now, then its a good time to buy.  If it turns out later you can go then at this price you are certain to be able to sell/transfer your membership to someone else with little effort.

17 hours ago, Pebbles said:

I can understand that, please remember that a Days pass at the door is likely to cost more than the price of full membership right now.    I'm not trying to persuade you either way, and know its difficult to plan so far in advance.   I'd love to see you again as well, its the reason most of us go to cons now.

For those a little more certain and with the money to spare right now, then its a good time to buy.  If it turns out later you can go then at this price you are certain to be able to sell/transfer your membership to someone else with little effort.

The ... what? A day's pass will be that expensive? :o

And I am not trying to imply I would not love to see you, just that the situation around my life will be very unclear then. And I cannot plan that far. :/

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The ... what? A day's pass will be that expensive? :o

And I am not trying to imply I would not love to see you, just that the situation around my life will be very unclear then. And I cannot plan that far. :/

ok  got that a little wrong,  full membership now is likely to be cheaper only if you voted in site section.    But at some point in the future it will be cheaper to buy full membership then than buy on the door.    I get that you can't commit.  

see below

Prices Now for Helsinki

NEW          I VOTED
Adult 95€ / $110           60€ / $70
Youth (16-25) 80€ / $92           45€ / $52
Child (6-15) 55€ / $65               N/A
Kid-in-tow (5 and under) 0€                0€
Support 35€ / $40            automatic

Paper Publications 10€ / $12

Prices at the door for Sasquan    (can't find info for Helsinki door rates but I guess they should be comparable)

At-Con Membership Rates

Memberships will be sold at the door at the following rates:

• Attending – $240.00 ($200 to Convert fromSUpporting)
  • Young Adult – $120.00< ($80 to Convert from Supporting)/li>
  • Child (6-16) – $105.00 (65 to Convert from Supporting)
  • Military – $120.00 ($80 to Convert from Supporting)
  • Family – $600.00
  • Supporting – $40.00

One-Day Membership Rates

One Day Memberships* are available at the following rates:

Wed
Aug
Thu
Aug
Fri
Aug
Sat
Aug
Sun
Aug
Adult US
$45
US
$70
US
$70
US
$70
US
$40
Military US
$20
US
$35
US
$35
US
$35
US
$20
Young Adult
(17-21)
US
$20
US
$35
US
$35
US
$35
US
$20
Child US
$15
US
$25
US
$25
US
$25
US
$15

36 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My vote for DC bought my supporting membership for Helsinki.

I also voted.  Does that freeze the price of my membership, or will it go up for me if I don't pay the balance now?  The amount I paid when I voted isn't all that has to be paid, right?

I paid for KC at Spokane, so that's out of the way already.

ETA:  From Pebble's post above, I assume I need to pay 60 Euros.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I also voted.  Does that freeze the price of my membership, or will it go up for me if I don't pay the balance now?  The amount I paid when I voted isn't all that has to be paid, right?

I paid for KC at Spokane, so that's out of the way already.

ETA:  From Pebble's post above, I assume I need to pay 60 Euros.

If you voted then it doesn't matter who you voted for, but it does mean you automatically have a supporting membership.   To convert to a full membership you will have to pay more.

I don't know but I would assume that if the difference in price between supporting and full membership increases, then what you pay to upgrade your membership will also increase.

Upgraded to Attending from pre-supporting. Woo!

Though had no idea what to put as home town tbh - I'm unlikely to still be living in Cambridge at that point in time. Oh well! Maybe they'll let me change my mind on that part at some point.

Yep, rates are going up this weekend....

And they still have not set up a PayPal (or equivalent) system, despite multiple promises in the past to do so. For those who want to make a dollar-denominated purchase, this is a pain in the ass. [The Holvi system they are using is Euro-focused (which isn't unreasonable in and of itself), but it also asks for more personal info than I'm willing to provide.]

Now, I am aware that LonCon had issues with PayPal, and that this is a major factor. But the Helsinki team has known of those issues for well over a year.

Despite that, they promised PayPal at the Fannish Inquisition at last year's SMOFCon. They told me last October it would be available "real soon now". As of early this month, they were going to use Stripe instead, and have it available by 17 January.

As David Byrne once sang, "I'm still waiting."

And all y'all can be damn sure that if it's not available at the time of the rate increase, I will be raising a stink.

When I paid on Holvi I was given the option to pay by card or by credit card?

I'm pretty sure anyway, unless I'm remembering really badly...

...just checked, I have the WORST memory. :/ I think I was noticing the "pay by bank" bit at the bottom and thinking that paypal might be there.

On 28/01/2016 at 0:08 AM, DaveAx said:

Yep, rates are going up this weekend....

And they still have not set up a PayPal (or equivalent) system, despite multiple promises in the past to do so. For those who want to make a dollar-denominated purchase, this is a pain in the ass. [The Holvi system they are using is Euro-focused (which isn't unreasonable in and of itself), but it also asks for more personal info than I'm willing to provide.]

Now, I am aware that LonCon had issues with PayPal, and that this is a major factor. But the Helsinki team has known of those issues for well over a year.

Despite that, they promised PayPal at the Fannish Inquisition at last year's SMOFCon. They told me last October it would be available "real soon now". As of early this month, they were going to use Stripe instead, and have it available by 17 January.

As David Byrne once sang, "I'm still waiting."

And all y'all can be damn sure that if it's not available at the time of the rate increase, I will be raising a stink.

If you PM me your details - (the stuff you would type in the membership form)  I'm happy to buy your membership for you then you can paypal me.

Archived