R+L=D and B+A=J 2nd round

Hattori

She clearly learned about it in her first year from that first sentence. "That year" refers to the first year of her marriage, but looked upon from current time period Catelyn. It's a simple case of different tenses referring to the same object. There isn't any discrepancy....

So, based on your B+A.... math, Dany is at best 7 months younger than Robb, if not younger. Comparing a 7 month old child to a newborn is clear as day. Comparing a year old child to a 5 month old child is clear as day. Not really sure how this is supposed to work?

I'm not saying that Cat's account is problematic. It is. And its problematic for R+L=J too as it implies that Cat thinks the difference in Robb and Jon's ages are long enough for Ned to go campaign in the south (rather than father a kid right outside of Riverrun). The R+L=J timeline is insanely tight (so tight that it assumes Ned took no time at all to go certain distances)

R+L=J timeline: Ned weds Cat at 2.5 months into the war, Ned leaves Cat at 3 months and pretends to father Jon immediately, Sack at 11.5 months, Jon/Tower at 12 months.

The Cat "learning" account demands R+L=J push Ned and Cat's wedding even earlier. At 2 months in? At 1.5 months?

But for B+A=J/R+L=D, we are only talking about Cat "learning" about something rather than he seeing the babies face-to-face.

B+A=J/R+L=D is over a longer period with a 5 month period between the Sack and the ToJ. So, there's various ways to make things fit. Ned finds out about Jon before the ToJ as sends a raven. GRRM's "probably 8-9 months or thereabouts" is actually 6 months. 14 months is rounded down to 12.

B+A=J/R+L=D is by no means perfect in the timeline because, as I've said before, the timeline makes no sense. I've only said that it is slightly more logical than R+L=J.

And I do think the paragraph is written weird. Is it referring to Cat feelings then or now?

It came as no surprise to her, in the first year of her marriage, to learn that Ned had fathered a child on some girl chance met on campaign. He had a man’s needs, after all, and they had spent that year apart, Ned off at war in the south while she remained safe in her father’s castle at Riverrun. Her thoughts were more of Robb, the infant at her breast, than of the husband she scarcely knew. He was welcome to whatever solace he might find between battles. And if his seed quickened, she expected he would see to the child’s needs.

It came as no surprise to her (then)

In the first year of her marriage (then)

to learn a ned had fathered a child (then)

He had a man's needs (???)

They had spent that year apart (???)

Her thoughts were more of Robb (then)

He was welcome to solace (then)

She expected he would see to the child's needs (then)

So, we're mostly talking about her feelings then. Yet, the year is incomplete and then complete in the paragraph. Was it before a year or after? Did rounding happen?

Not to split hairs, but Dany may have been named by her mother, but it doesn't necessarily mean she was named "Dany" by her mother.

Additionally, Rhaella may have had a name for a stillborn child, which was then placed on Dany. So, the woman Dany thinks is her mother, named her.

Nope. The question was 'who gave Dany, Tyrion, and Jon their names?' And this was GRRM's answer. So yes, Dany was named Dany by her mother.

And your second paragraph doesn't make any sense at all. People thought to be mothers=/=mothers.

Are we seriously discussing about a Targaryen (dany) being actually a secret Targaryen (Rhagar's daughter).

Rofl.

Tell me more about how Rhaella died

Eh, as usual it seems to be coming back down to "how can I disprove R+L=J?" Switching Dany seems to be an afterthought, really.

But, but lemon trees...

All joke aside, on my first read through which was hasty and overburdened with emotional flurry, like on the 100th page I was certain of R+L=J, I admit I am pretty smart but I was also inattentive so it cancels it self out and it was glaringly obvious, that is hardly what you would call obscure clues even if you wrote the damn book. I strongly believe Martin is far better then this and from that stand point this theory is more appealing.

I thought it was pretty clear right away too. IDK if on the 100th page, but certainly after Ned's dream about the ToJ. I got that Jon was Lyanna's son, it just took me a longer to make the obvious realization that Rhaegar was the dad.

Are we seriously discussing about a Targaryen (dany) being actually a secret Targaryen (Rhagar's daughter).

Rofl.

Yep, there is absolutely no narrative purpose to R+L=D. It's just a useless twist that is there for the sake of having a twist. I really doubt GRRM would go for something like that.

It seems even Targaryen's are secret Targaryen's

Targception

brb searching maisie williams vineception gif

have this while you're waiting

http://0.tqn.com/d/humor/1/0/w/L/-/-/dothraki-baby-shower.jpg

nvm found it

http://31.media.tumblr.com/752ffcfeb59eca5e92d3c10f61444b5a/tumblr_mpn52oEfhS1s3cboeo8_250.gif

You know how they saw to hide a tree use a forest.

Well to hide a Secret Targaryen make them a Targaryen.

Its the only way to be safe.

Just like all Daario's are secretly a FM.The proof is that he has a different face every season.

What if the recasting is fake and hes just changing face

Ps im sure you can fit howland reed in there

What if the recasting is fake and hes just changing face

Ps im sure you can fit howland reed in there

Howland Reed's kids say he knows magic.

My theory is that he can use Swamp magic and teleport to anyplace that has muddy water.

Considering he is having sex with Dany I suppose you cant blame him for not being in Westeros for the first 4 books.Westeros is being a real buzz kill lately.

Also for reals going to sleep now lol.

Howland Reed's kids say he knows magic.

My theory is that he can use Swamp magic and teleport to anyplace that has muddy water.

He can appear on the forums any time!

Archived