Videogames: Ultimate Evil Edition

Rhom

When last we saw our video game thread:

Kal is a heretic for not liking The Last of Us.

Slurktan likes his games really bloody.

Horizon's kid likes Mario.

New computers are expensive.

Proceed.

I'm still playing through Arkham Origins and my opinion hasn't changed at all. It truly is an expansion of Arkham City, however as a (how shall I say it?) "surface" Batman fan, I really do like how its exposing me to characters that I have had little experience with.

I know the old TV show. I know the Burton movies and abhor the Schumacher debacle. We all like the Nolanverse. Like any self-respecting nerd I loved The Animated Series. But my experience to the comics is pretty much limited to having read a compilation of Knightfall and then the subsequent series where Bruce returned. (Knightquest?)

So encountering enemies like Deadshot, Deathstroke, and Copperhead are entirely new to me. Even the kid Anarchy that was easy to take down was new and refreshing. Its like a whole new world to me and I am enjoying it. The core gameplay is definitely getting repetitive, but the boss fights have been unique so far and I do enjoy loading up the challenge mode and taking on all comers dressed as the Azreal Batman from some sort of DLC token I had or some such.

ETA: From the other thread as well.

Finally got my hands of Reaper of Souls- god this game has changed quite a bit. I thought I was a boss back in the day with full Zunimassa's on my Witch Doctor, rolling an 85k DPS, now I am seeing people with DPS over 500k and even the millions. What happened? Surely the DPS difference between level 60 and 70 gear cannot be so great as to increase tenfold, unless I am missing something.

Jesus, what happened during the while I was gone?

I felt the same when I first loaded up RoS at launch. I didn't have a ton of good gear, but what I had was quickly outstripped. I think most of what happened came in the Loot 2.0 system or whatever they called it when they dropped the AH and changed the drop system. I really did like all the changes.

Regarding The Last of Us, I'd definitely like to play it, but, like Uncharted, its one of those games I've missed out one because of console exclusivity. I may end up getting a PS4 eventually (more likely than an Xbone at least), and then I'll go back and play it, but for now I've just my 360 and my PC.

Regarding The Last of Us, I'd definitely like to play it, but, like Uncharted, its one of those games I've missed out one because of console exclusivity. I may end up getting a PS4 eventually (more likely than an Xbone at least), and then I'll go back and play it, but for now I've just my 360 and my PC.

I've been planning to hit the PS4 Destiny bundle (I like the white... but it may clash on the shelf next to my PS3 :lol: ) and also getting Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes; but I may have to hit TLoU after I finish Arkham.

I've been planning to hit the PS4 Destiny bundle (I like the white... but it may clash on the shelf next to my PS3 :lol: ) and also getting Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes; but I may have to hit TLoU after I finish Arkham.

If you do decide to take on LoU, you should get the ps4 version. It's not because of the updated graphics, it's that you'll get the game plus all dlc (Left Behind--which is really good--plus the mp stuff) for 50 bucks. I think that's a pretty reasonable deal.

If you do decide to take on LoU, you should get the ps4 version. It's not because of the updated graphics, it's that you'll get the game plus all dlc (Left Behind--which is really good--plus the mp stuff) for 50 bucks. I think that's a pretty reasonable deal.

Might be what I have to do then.

Just had a Civ V (All DLC) 8-player LAN party this weekend.

Small Continents (Standard Size), Epic duration, Emperor difficulty (only affects Barbs since there were only human players), with a standard start.

We only played until turn 380 or so (took 13 hours), the world is on the brink of war, my Civ (the brave Ethiopian people) are the world's strongest nation in terms of culture (nearly no tourism though), production (at double the second player's yield), and religion. I am the World Council leader as well, and seem to be on my way to Cultural victory, but as soon as the Great War begins, I'm not sure I'll make it out alive, since I'm currently leading in points and most likely the main target of some potential alliances. I'm too behind in terms of science to truly a force to fear in terms of military might, but I got all of the "Military wonders", and so I'm not going down without a fight.

Can't wait til we all meet up again for the second part of the game.

You guys often play Civ?

Well, shit. NHL 15 won't have EASHL on the next gen systems. I was getting excited to play NHL on PS4, but of course here's a stark reminder that EA is publishing the game. I spent about 95% of my time in NHL 14 playing EASHL, with a couple of my friends. Might just have to keep the ps3 going for this year as well...

Edit: heh just saw an 'updated slogan' on twitter - EA Sports...It Used to Be in the Game!

Just had a Civ V (All DLC) 8-player LAN party this weekend.

Small Continents (Standard Size), Epic duration, Emperor difficulty (only affects Barbs since there were only human players), with a standard start.

We only played until turn 380 or so (took 13 hours), the world is on the brink of war, my Civ (the brave Ethiopian people) are the world's strongest nation in terms of culture (nearly no tourism though), production (at double the second player's yield), and religion. I am the World Council leader as well, and seem to be on my way to Cultural victory, but as soon as the Great War begins, I'm not sure I'll make it out alive, since I'm currently leading in points and most likely the main target of some potential alliances. I'm too behind in terms of science to truly a force to fear in terms of military might, but I got all of the "Military wonders", and so I'm not going down without a fight.

Can't wait til we all meet up again for the second part of the game.

You guys often play Civ?

I love Civ 5, logged over 300 hours of it according To Steam, but I've never played it with more than three other friends. Your session sounds like a lot of fun. Have there been any wars at all yet? 380 and not one elimination yet? Did you guys have a non aggression pact?

Got my Diablo 3: UEE yesterday. Decided not to import my save. Then immediately started having second thoughts when all of my abilities were gone. But I'm slowly getting them back. The game is more hectic now that it was on PS3 but still pretty easy. Finished Act 1 and didn't die once. Didn't even use a health potion.

It's a good package and a good game, but you can get by with renting it.

I only really bought it because I had some credit to use up at GameStop (after deciding not to buy AC:U). I enjoyed, certainly. And while I am replaying it, that's only because I did buy it. The gameplay is pretty solid, but not good enough on it's own to keep my coming back. After you've been through the story once, there is really no reason to revisit it. Maybe a year or two later, and by then it will probably have been a PS+ freebie.

With Diablo 3: UEE out now and Destiny in 3 weeks I doubt that I'll be going back to finish the second playthrough.

I've been getting the urge to play Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. That game is such a nostalgia bomb.

And I cannot wait for Dragon Age: Inquisition. It looks awesome.

Yeah, that'll be my second PS4 game acquisition. Really looking forward to it. I'm having a hard time not playing PS3 because I've amassed quite a collection of games since signing up for PSN+ in February that PS3 is still my main gaming platform and PS4 is currently reserved for just the few AAA games that are coming out for it which I really really want, like DA:I. Because PSN+ for PS4 is mostly just indies right now, while I've collected a few games for PS4 they don't hold my interest as much as the AAA games that are on PS3 PSN+. I also splurged a bit with the big in Japan PSN sale getting the entire Resident Evil game library (from 1-6 and a few of the spin offs) for a very low price, plus Ni No Kuni and Tales of Graces F. So far I haven't even finished Tales of Graces F.

And then there's Smite.

One game I'd love to be remade for this new generation is Blood Omen. I never got to play the game on PS1 and it's the one game in the LoK series I've missed out on. Well I missed Blood Omen II but that's somewhat apocryphal isn't it?

I like last of us. I just don't think you miss mcu watching it on twitch or youtube.

Damned by faint praise.

For everyone else have a look at photo mode pics of The Last of Us Remastered. Naughty Dog is running a photo mode competition. Some pretty awesome compositions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863461&page=4

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/15/the-last-of-us-remastered-photo-contest-starts-today/

Also while I guess technically TLOU is survival horror I don't really agree with that characterisation, because the scary monsters are not what the game is about, and they diminish in their effect on the psyche as the game progresses, which is really the opposite of what a survival horror should be. I think TLOU is as much a survival horror game as The Walking Dead is a TV show about zombies. The monsters are there, and they are an integral reality in the world, but they are not the focal point.

I love Civ 5, logged over 300 hours of it according To Steam, but I've never played it with more than three other friends. Your session sounds like a lot of fun. Have there been any wars at all yet? 380 and not one elimination yet? Did you guys have a non aggression pact?

No war at all so far, except for one of my friends playing Attila, who decided to conquer all the city states on his continent, and thus making a diplomatic victory nearly impossible.

And no, we didn't have a non-aggression pact, but everyone knew that they'd probably be targeted by other players as soon as they went to war and left their cities relatively undefended. Pretty sure Babylon will be the first one attacked, considering his ridiculous scientific advancement (one era in advance, because Babylon), and relative lack of strength.

With human players only, trading becomes hell as well.

Archived