(SPOILER) Bran Stark is Brandon the Builder

wakeboarderjim

Yes, I said it. Not sure if anyone else already has; I'm new.

Not only will Brandon Stark fly, but his Weirwood Powers seem to enable him to travel through time. How else could Brandon the Builder have lived long enough to build the Wall, Winterfell, and who knows what else? Not to mention the Builder's/Bran's friendship with the Children. The "simple" answer to Brandon the builder living for centuries is that Bran the Weirwood Whisperer flitted among the centuries advising leaders, northerners, and maybe even warging into simpletons like Hodor to do some heavy lifting.

I realize this is completely crazy, but I want Bran's powers to be cooler than the rustling of Weirwood leaves after all of that buildup. I think that warging through time with the Worldwide Web of Weirwoods as the intermediaries is arguably even cooler than flying. He'd be as awesome as Hiro from Heroes!

welcome to the forums.

tis certainly a theory that at one point in brans POV we may see people who are long dead.

The idea of bran (a 9 or 10 year old boy) advising them on future events? Im not so sure its plausible, or possible as Bloodraven im sure pointed out to Bran

Not only will Brandon Stark fly, but his Weirwood Powers seem to enable him to travel through time. How else could Brandon the Builder have lived long enough to build the Wall, Winterfell, and who knows what else? Not to mention the Builder's/Bran's friendship with the Children. The "simple" answer to Brandon the builder living for centuries is that Bran the Weirwood Whisperer flitted among the centuries advising leaders, northerners, and maybe even warging into simpletons like Hodor to do some heavy lifting.

I realize this is completely crazy, but I want Bran's powers to be cooler than the rustling of Weirwood leaves after all of that buildup. I think that warging through time with the Worldwide Web of Weirwoods as the intermediaries is arguably even cooler than flying. He'd be as awesome as Hiro from Heroes!

I dug into the text as much as I could to explore this topic - if you are interested in the textual evidence to this claim please read it: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103796-bran-stark-a-self-fulfilling-prophecy/

I am not saying it is true, it is a wild theory - but I built the strongest case I could to consider it.

The first thing Brynden Rivers says is that they can't change the past, and yet you claim Bran not only can do that.. but time travel at whim ad well.

Would you share with me your grass? apparently it's greener than mine..

It's a wild theory, and that is a great point. There are plenty of other holes worth picking at.

In order for the theory to work, we have to consider the bold assumption that Bran is much more powerful than Brynden Rivers. Brynden cannot change the past but Bran can. Similar, I know this is a stretch, to the mutants in the marvel universe: a good handful of mutants are telekinetics but only some, like Professor X, are "Omega Level" Telekinetics.

A hint at Bran's abnormal abilities is the fact that while warged in Summer he dominated Varamyr's second life wolf, One-Eye, into his pack.

It's a wild theory, and that is a great point. There are plenty of other holes worth picking at.

In order for the theory to work, we have to consider the bold assumption that Bran is much more powerful than Brynden Rivers. Brynden cannot change the past but Bran can. Similar, I know this is a stretch, to the mutants in the marvel universe: a good handful of mutants are telekinetics but only some, like Professor X, are "Omega Level" Telekinetics.

A hint at Bran's abnormal abilities is the fact that while warged in Summer he dominated Varamyr's second life wolf, One-Eye, into his pack.

- well, if you for an 'explicit assumption' you are free to go anywhere .. but I've seen too many theories built on hidden assumptions to just stay there quietly and stare.

- or a hint that direwolf > wolf ?

- well, if you for an 'explicit assumption' you are free to go anywhere .. but I've seen too many theories built on hidden assumptions to just stay there quietly and stare.

- or a hint that direwolf > wolf ?

If you want to go onto to every thread on this website with a wild theory and say it is wrong feel free. People enjoy coming up with theories and some end up being correct. I laid out this theory using the text here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103796-bran-stark-a-self-fulfilling-prophecy/

I go into great detail and address some of your concerns by looking at passages in the book. I look at this as a book club and use the the book during discussion and debate. If you do want to discuss this, please read my thread and lets have a friendly conversation/debate based on the points I try to make using the text.

If you want to go onto to every thread on this website with a wild theory and say it is wrong feel free.

I've got absolutely no problems with 'wrong theories' and I don't feel the urge to go around saying this at all.

Instead, I've got a problem with theories that rely on assumptions not clearly spelled out as such, and 'subjective interpretations' passed as 'objective facts'.

If people would be more honest on this kind of stuff - even with themselves, reading theories would always be fun rather than a pain in the ass.

People enjoy coming up with theories and some end up being correct. I laid out this theory using the text here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103796-bran-stark-a-self-fulfilling-prophecy/

I go into great detail and address some of your concerns by looking at passages in the book. I look at this as a book club and use the the book during discussion and debate. If you do want to discuss this, please read my thread and lets have a friendly conversation/debate based on the points I try to make using the text.

I will read it and comment there, as it pleases you. ;)

He could of lived long ago because he was born long ago, and Bran was named after Brandon the Builder, and I'm sure there have been plenty of Brandon's throughout the history of Westeros. Can only see into the past, not travel there. There was a pact between the FM and CotF, surely they traded more than just food.

Brandon Stark, also known as Brandon the Builder and Bran the Builder, was the legendary founder[1] of House Stark who is said to have lived during the Age of Heroes. Not sure how he can be the founder of the house and a 9 year old.

This theory, much like Bran, lost its legs far too early.

:lol:

Archived