Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

The Flygbussarna problems are a bit baffling - every time I've got them, I've had no problem at all, and been rather impressive with their internet having.

They were fine for me as well and seemed efficient, and I agree the free Wi-Fi was useful, so I was a bit surprised as well that they seem to have been such a disaster on the route Pebble was taking.

well to be fair the 3rd Bus breaking down was just bad luck. If it didn't break down I should have got there with time to spare but not a loads of time.

missing the 1st bus was not their fault either and would have got me to the airport hours before I needed.

The Second bus though after being told I could not wait by sitting in front of the "gate" and if the bus was full they would immediately put another on. then Not. That's what I object to most. If they told me I just could not wait there for 2 hours then fine, I would have officially got in the queue when it started to form about 30mins before it was due instead of waiting on the bench for most people to get on.

then when they tried to move me on again when it was only a 40 min wait. well that was just taking the piss.

guys. i wanted to say thanks for the party and REALLY thank you for the raffle price! i shall treasure the excerpt for ever, not only because it's signed, but also because it will remind me of the con where i met some of you beautiful people.

looking forward to belfast now .)

Yay! See you at TitanCon

I'm pretty sure I was doing the exact same route as Pebble, just a day later. And I just turned up 10 mins before a bus was due to leave and walked on to it. Sounds like Pebble had a combination of really bad luck, and some mean/incompetent staff.

My trip home was smooth (for the first time ever my baggage was on the carousel before I got there), and while the thunderstorm had passed over by the time I got off the train, so I didn't have to walk home in the rain, it is strange to be back in a country where it gets dark at night.

My travel woes were pretty bad getting to Iceland after the con. My luggage got lost for 3 days and when I arrived, I found out my mother had just broken her ribs in a water slide accident so my sister drove me to the ER in Reykjavik. Mom decided she would try staying, but the pain medication made her nauseous/fainting, which made my first day here kind of bad. She went back to the U.S. early and the rest of my trip was uneventful, possibly due to the Viking good luck charm I bought. :p I did eventually get my luggage back, which is nice because I have been carrying around World of Ice and Fire the whole trip and had George, Elio and Linda all sign it.

Archived