A Reckoning of the Damage: Loncon3 After Action Report (post your own!)

our final panel of the con 'A Rubber Chicken on a Pulley - Celebrating Text and Point and Click Adventures' which despite disappointing me by containing NO Monkey Island fans despite the title ended things on a suitably light note and had me happily remembering games I'd grown up playing and long forgotten. Nat's attempt to troll the panel by bringing up Gone Home was sadly not fruitful though :(.

I was late to that panel and ended up sitting at the back (I asked the question about the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy game) - I was also disappointed at the lack of Monkey Island fans, but I did like them bringing up some of the YouTube point and clicks that have happened int he last few years.

I was thinking of taking in the Liveship Economics panel, but... somehow we didn't do it. Did anyone get to it? Anyone see notes posted anywhere? Rather curious about it.

I was at it. It was interesting but I don't think I could give a full report.

Robin Hobb got well stuck in here, discussing scarcity and value, and in response to an audience question, the isolation of the Six Duchies, and how it's started opening up under Kettricken.

I don't think I've got much to add to Brook's pretty comprehensive report, other than my confidence at asking questions at panels/talks continues to improve while the ability to have the panelists understand the question and correctly engage with it still sucks >_<

Had an absolute blast meeting everyone. We are both super shy so if anyone felt like we were being standoffish it wasn't intentional! Also terrible at managing to piece people to board names, only discovered today that Colin is Liffguard and there are plenty of others I still haven't made the connection for.

I also couldn't help noticing all the beautiful women of the BWB (I'm in my second puberty, cut me some slack). Martha has some awesome tattoos as well, there are a few photos with her showing them off in the background of the feminist round table!

Day 1 Thursday

I arrived after noon on Thursday, and took the Underground to near where I was staying. Unfortunately, Google maps didn't acknowledge that the DLR would have taken me right to my hotel, so I ended up walking a mile with all my luggage. In the rain. (The only times it rained during the week were when I had planned to walk to places.) I checked in drenched, but in good spirits. It's an adventure! After drying off and changing, I headed to the Excel. Got my badge (thank you, Lily Valley!) and wandered a bit until I ran into old friends and briefly met a few new ones. I decided to drop my excess con stuff back at the hotel and meet up again for dinner. Yeah...I didn't make it to dinner. I did manage to be awake from midnight to 6 am though! Jet lag was my constant companion this year.

Day 2 Friday

Woke up 2 hours later at 8ish to someone proclaiming loudly, "I'm a nerd, and I'm PROUD!" Good morning fellow con people! I proceeded to the Excel for GRRM's reading none too early, but they had scheduled it in one of the big auditoriums, so I didn't have any trouble getting in. Found the rows of BwBers and grabbed an open seat. I really wanted to raise a cheer for his always lovely assistant, but I managed to restrain myself and not sully the dignity of those around me.

After the reading I collected my t-shirts and hugged many people. A small group of us headed off to the Lebanese restaurant for lunch. The food was good, the company was better, and we all learned what pickled turnip looks and tastes like after much debate and prodding of the weird pink pickled vegetables.

Went back to the con and wandered through part of the dealer's room and then just kind of hung around meeting wonderful people and trying to help with the party set up. I grabbed a quick signing from Cat Valente, before going back to the hotel to get ready for the party and then returning for a bit more pre-party prep. Huge thanks to the X's and everyone else involved in putting on a good party, despite this year's unique set up. There were many compliments on the special (explosive!) collab home brew, too. There was only one late-night attempt to troll the bros at the bar: some guy proclaiming that GRRM had finished the series years ago and was just milking it for money. J handled it with great aplomb, although I think there might have been eye-rolling from nearby witnesses.

Day 3 Saturday

I missed the early reading I'd wanted to get to, but made it over in time for the Wheel of Time panel. It was a good one, featuring personal anecdotes from Jordan's widow and assistant. After its conclusion, I led the lovely M astray on the DLR in an attempt to get lunch. It was a straight line, no changes! Ah, well. Catching up and conversing about conventions was great, even

if the promised waterfront dining was...a car wash across the street. I missed a few more things, because, let's face it, talking to the BwB is greater than all.

Then it was time for the competing BwB panels. I chose the Travel in Fantasy panel and just made it into the tiny, tiny room before they started turning people away. A truly excellent panel, full of true facts presented by our own BwBer, wibbly-wobbly oceany-woceany barfy-warfy talk, and the most staunchly and vigorously defended un-used chair I've ever encountered.

Afterward, several groups of us migrated to the French Bistro at the far end of the concourse. The wait staff were completely overwhelmed, but the food was good and the conversations about archaeology and the forthcoming The World of Ice and Fire book were worth spending hours there.

Then it was back to the party village to see what was happening. After hearing about the Coming of Age panel, I determined I had to try to stop going to only sensible, well-regarded panels. Sometime near the end of the night, we managed to stumble upon the super-secret second 80's dance party that was actually in a darkened room. It had people not only dancing, but doing routines with lifts and complicated maneuvers! I will be eternally sad that I didn't discover the-most-fun-party-of-the-night until it was almost over.

Day 4 Sunday

Set my alarm and made it to Paedar's My Beautiful Dystopia panel. Another good one. Then, determined to broaden my panel experience, I tried Feminism and the Magical Girl. Ah, finally, a panel that barely mentioned feminism and consisted mostly of the one super-knowledgeable panelist summing up anime episodes for the rest who hadn't seen them, one panelist gushing over shows without making any points and the moderator and final panelist barely speaking at all. Yes! I followed that up with Representation: Whitewashing and Internationalism in Fandom. It was very well run and the panelists were all great. They did try to get to an audience member who'd been trying to ask a question, but who had fallen asleep in the meantime. He must've been as tired as me, because the discussion was certainly interesting.

I toured the rest of the dealer's room and then headed off with a group to the far Fox for a late lunch. I volunteered to be the first mocked at reading Irish names. And I was truly horrific (sorry ancestors,) but the mockery was gentle. We also got into a comparison of American vs. Irish slang. Then it was back to look at the art show and a lovely hour spent drinking tea and chatting about the Wheel of Time series in the fan village. Next up was the excellent blogging panel, My Opinions, Let Me Show You Them. It was cut short, since many of the panelists had to get ready for the Hugos.

I went off to find the BwB karaoke room. Hugo updates were texted for those of us who didn't go. Thanks, guys! We had a nice time waiting around talking, getting kicked out of the room (momentary panic!) so that they could enlarge it for us and resettling a few minutes later. Then, karaoke! I had actually never been before, so I cheered for each and every person. It. Was. Epic.

Day 5 Monday

Skipped some readings in order to say goodbye to people who had flights to catch. Wandered up to the Robin Hobb Assassins panel to wait and read. Which turned out to be the right choice, as the queue grew quickly. A good panel, although I did think that Hobb got talked over a bit. It seemed that she'd take a breath to speak, but not get the chance. Then even more goodbyes. One last tour through the dealer's room, although I'd sworn not to buy anything. Ok, just this one thing. It's flat. Surely I can manage to get it into my bag. (I did.)

I went to the Tower of London to see the poppy installation, since it was the one touristy thing I'd decided I had to do. It started raining just as I got off the DLR. I walked to the tower anyway. Just as I started taking pictures, the real down pour began. I didn't have an umbrella or raincoat, but I did have a bag to protect my camera. So I was literally the only person (/idiot) on the entire walkway in Tower Gardens for a bit. It did make for non-tourist-crowded pictures, so I say winning!

Back to the con at dinner time, I found a group which slowly gathered up everyone we could find and ended up going to dinner as a group of 16. Our fearless leader proved excellent at herding cats and we all made it to a place that could handle the sudden influx. A truly excellent meal, with great people, some of whom I was just meeting for the first time. So sad to say goodbye to many more after the meal. The last few of us went back to the Dead Dog for a lingering goodbye. It involved a story about the most beautiful cabbage in the world and, separately, dragon pillow slaying.

Day 6 Tuesday

Went to the British Museum. I could spend a lifetime studying their collection. Truly awesome in every sense of the word.

I experienced rush hour tube on the way back and then ate a sad, lonely (compared to the previous night's dinner) meal before packing up at the hotel. And that's it. Back to my wonderful family, hoping to do it again soon.

TLDR version:

Panels attended: 8

Old friends hugged: Many

New friends made: Also many

Fun had: More than a ton

Tears cried because every day isn't like this: Endless

I love you guys!

I was late to that panel and ended up sitting at the back (I asked the question about the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy game) - I was also disappointed at the lack of Monkey Island fans, but I did like them bringing up some of the YouTube point and clicks that have happened int he last few years.

Count me in the 'never got off the vogon spaceship' group for the Hitchhikers game.

Count me in the 'never got off the vogon spaceship' group for the Hitchhikers game.

You did manage to make me wish I had played it, but I know I suck too much given the difficulty described lol

Regina: You're smaller than I thought you would be, which made me extremely happy - I'm always the shortest :P

Ha, my larger than life personality fooled you! :-P

I got my 'damn Regina time', and was very thankful,

*blushes* Awwww, love you!

80S NIGHT DANCE. Was super excited and got to the room to find out it was...VERY, VERY brightly lit (usually, I can't see myself when I'm dancing, here; you could see EVERYTHING and EVERYONE) saw an amazing Robb Stark costume -complete with Grey wolf head- an old punk giving it welly on the dance floor with some impressive and tireless movies. Danced with Regina and wolfgang for a bit and we all agreed it was MUCH too bright, after awhile the lights were dimmed slightly, ever so slightly (met with enthusiastic cheers from everybody) and I perfected my art of dancing until I got tired and then standing still and moving my arms in a ''goth like fashion'' with the pretence of dancing. Much fun was had dancing with others. Particularly enjoyed dancing with Min at the end of my 80s Night Dance experience and ''Blister in the Sun'' by Violent Femmes will forever remind me of that fun and awesome time. Regina and Min make awesome dance partners, let it be known!!!!

The 80s dance was a ton of fun (glaringly bright lighting aside)! You and Min and the rest of the BWB rocked hard, it is known.

My con report can basically be summed up as: Worldcon goes by way too fast, and can't wait to do it again.

Late to the party, but to be fair we only came back from London this afternoon :cool4:

Where to start? R'hllor help me, so many things happened... Oh well... This will be a very long post, but I'll try to make it worth your while :)

AllMenMustRhyme (AMMR) and I arrived to London on Wednesday the 13th at 8.30am after a nightmarish coach ride that comprised almost 2h of waiting in the freezing cold streets of Brussels before it even started. Sleep deprived and in need of a shower, we proceeded to get our (and Buckwheat's - from this point on known in this report as Buck) Oystercards and went in search of our pub/B&B on the other side of the Thames. After a lot of walking, public transports and a huge deal of swearing, we found it and had to stay 1h play Uno and drinking in the pub because check-in wasn't til 1h later. Then, when we were finally allowed into our room, I found out one of the bed frames was fucked by sitting ever so gently on the said bed and ending up with my feet pointing to the ceiling. Before we went out to eat something and meet Buck, our roommate for the duration of the Con, at the airport, we made it clear to the staff that that bedframe needed to be replaced.

After a nice meal near the Tower of London and a proper view of the WWI poppies ("All blood runs red." - Eugene Bullard), we took a 18-stop tube ride to Heathrow and met Buck, who is as adorable in person as she is in this forum, and we shared some Costa muffins and gummy hotdogs before going back to the pub/B&B in Charlton to drop her stuff. We then took yet another tube ride to the ExCeL area, as we were meeting the lovely Fragile Bird for dinner. Though we've all been fellow Bards at the Rhymes thread for years, I was the only one out of the three of us who had met her before (huzzah,TitanCon 2012!), so I figuratively flew to her arms in a super tight bear hug! Little did I know she had a surprise for us, and when I finally turned back I had Bai(tac) with her arms wide open waiting for her bearhug, too, my dear fellow Bard who shares both first and second RL names with me :) I also met Elder Sis, with whom (we found this out later) I share a deep passion for Johnny Cash and The Black Keys.

On Thursday, we got up quite early in order to pick up our Membership as quickly as possible, and indeed we it took us only 20-25 minutes to do so - a true feat considering the huge amount of time some other people had to wait! AMMR is the resident Tolkien die-hard fan in our house, so we attended the 9am panel on Tolkien, Hobbits and rabbits and etc - and learned that "talk about Frodo" can stand for drunk sexual rejection (the more you know...). We also met (Cran)Nog during the morning! At 1pm we found Dracarya and her lads queueing for the memberships - it is always great to see my Qoy qoyi, who I had the pleasure of hosting in Belgium in February for a couple of days :) Buck was attending a panel on translation, so AMMR and I decided to go and wait near the room where the panel with GRRM and Connie Willis was going to be held. At this point, I would like to point out that WE started that damned queue, and not the Russian couple who just brought two chairs and sat in front of us and then proceeded to tell everyone that, yes, they started the queue and that everyone could stand in line. :spank: It makes no difference, but the truth will set you free... anyway, as Lyanna Stark already said, the assigned room for that particular panel was entirely too small, some people had to sit on the floor and quite a few weren't even allowed to get in. Bai introduced Lyanna Stark to me just before the panel started, and I second all the people who've said the nicest things about her, because they are 100% true indeed :) The panel itself was truly entertaining and amazing to me - it was the first George panel ever for me, so this is a memory I will truly treasure. Shame on me, I had never heard of Connie Willis before (I really must live under a rock), but she was as inspiring and as funny as she could be, and I am currently reading The Doomsday Book - which I bought at dealer's room straight after this panel! After the panel we chatted with some BwBers and I got to hug Pebble again after 2 years - and get my Pebble badge! In the evening, the Bards, KissedbyFire, Nog and Elder Sis went for a true amazing dinner with a view over the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge. The food was divine and the company even more!

On Friday, we queue again for George's reading with Elder Sis, KissedbyFire and Bai - and, once again, I must set another queue-related territorial dispute - ELDER SIS STARTED THE QUEUE, not the folks on the other door. Lots of BwBers joined us, some of them whom I'd met at TitanCon 2012 (JonPot, Targ, Peadar, etc). The reading was awesome, even if I'm not a big fan of the Targaryens as they currently stand in the ASOIAF series I am always fascinated by their past and History, and boy did that reading deliver! After the reading, we got our t-shirts from Xray and Mr. X (whom I met for the first time and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly towards us WorldCon noobies) and I got to see and blame Pod again (still mad at you for not telling me you were attending after all!). The rest of the afternoon was spent meeting and chatting with old (so nice to see you again, MountainGoat and Peadar) and new BwB friends (Maiden, Regina, Skylark, Claudia), with some panels in between - Elder Sis and Lyanna Stark already said everything there was to say about the Feminism and the Coming of Age in GoT panels, so I feel that my opinion on those is well represented :P I was the BwB who asked the panel's thoughts on Shireen Baratheon, by the way, and I really had to hide my incredulity when a huge "oooooooooh..." that meant something liked "yeah that's right, she is a kid too" sweeped the room. Then it was time for the BwB party and I got carded for the first time in my life (I'm 25!), along with AMMR, when we went to get punch!

On Saturday, Buck and I queued for hours in that freezing balcony to get our books signed by George. Since my front page of ASoS was already full with signatures from some of the cast and crew of Game of Thrones (a relique from TitanCon 2012), thus leaving virtually no space for Martin's signature, I asked him to sign the last page of the Red Wedding chapter with a red pen! He didn't even bat an eyelash regarding my weird request, but was truly touched when I told him Fevre Dream was utterly beautiful ("Thank you, that's very kind of you! It's one of my favourites!"). I can't remember most of the rest of this day except that it involved a lot of conversation with Bwbers, and a dinner at that wine bar near ExCeL which brought the confirmation that the GoT panel with Martin on the next day had been cancelled.

On Sunday, we went with Buck, Dracarya and Fragile Bird to the Harry Potter Shop at King's Cross. Despite being a die-hard Harry Potter fan, there was no way in Hell I would stay on that queue for the trolley picture! When we came back to ExCeL, Bai snatched Buck, AMMR and I for a picture with George RR Martin himself - and now, if I can find J. K. Rowling and Jo Nesbo for the same purpose, I can die happy! The rest of the afternoon was spent chatting and browsing for books and merchandise - that's how I got the lovely and not-so-impressed (more on that later, wait for it!) King Joffrey doll. I met Mormont and his lovely daughter, who is lovely and has the hair colour I'd kill for! Later it was time to say bye to Dracarya (for the duration of the Con at least, as I visited her during my post-Con days in London) and to get ready for the Hugos. Fragile Bird said (and rightfully so) that I sounded like a highschool girl when one of the D's from D&D walked past our row - because, even though I made a vow not to watch the next season due to the possibility of spoilers, my brain decided to act on his own accord and made me say-aloud-almost-shouting "OH MY GOD!" three times. I was really not expecting to see those two there. Then we got to witness the epic and unforgettable moment that was the Bwb Karaoke. I have videos of Nog singing "Blaze of Glory" with his cowboy hat on, and pictures of Bai singing La Bamba, which I will share soon somehow. I met Katie and had a freaking good time with her, Regina, Skylark and the Mayden, waving the unimpressed King Joffrey and his gormless friend Jon Snow in the air and MAKING POD FINALLY SING!!! :cheers: Bai wanted me to sing but that would have a Dr Jeckyll / Mr Hyde effect, with Little Miss Sunshine turning into Little Miss Chaos or Little Miss Window Smasher. Bohemian Raphsody was the best and I wish Leigh Bardugo was there to conduct us all like in 2012 :)

Finally, on Sunday I had my panel on voting systems and found out the speaker also lives in Belgium despite not being Belgian, just like me and AMMR. After the Robin Hobb panel, in which Patrick Rothfuss vindicated everyone's bad bad bad "I wanna shoot everyone that crosses my path" days, AMMR, Buck and I spent a lively afternoon with BwBers such as MountainGoat, Pebble, Sam of Tarth, Nog, Wolfgan (I know I am forgetting some names, but you know who you are and you know you're included here!), discussing ASOIAF and playing Werewolf - Pebble is such a good mod that she will one day replace Anne Robinson on The Weakest Link for sure! After that, Skylar, Dave, Fragile Bird and some others joined us for a goodbye dinner at this Italian place. On Monday, we took Buck to Heathrow, and then proceeded to enjoy our remaining five days in the UK!

This Con was an amazing experience and I really must thank you all, old friends and new, for helping us along the way and contributing to our awesome time! I intend to keep the two promises I've made during LonCon - to post more often here after a two-year hiatus (blame my Master's Degree and previous au-pair job in order to pay for it, not Pod for once), and to attend TitanCon next year :cheers:

Statistics

Number of panels attended: +/- 7
Books brought home: 19 (!!!)
Number of times King Joffrey was not impressed: too many, but I doubt he ever is
Number of Con ribbons: 4

After a nice meal near the Tower of London and a proper view of the WWI poppies ("All blood runs red." - Eugene Bullard), we took a 18-stop tube ride to Heathrow and met Buck, who is as adorable in person as she is in this forum, and we shared some Costa muffins and gummy hotdogs before going back to the pub/B&B in Charlton to drop her stuff.

Awwwwww thank you thank you thank you. :blushing: I would also like everybody to know how insanely grateful I am to you both that you came to meet me there and bought all three oyster cards and figured out the train/bus lines before me etc. :grouphug:

Buck was attending a panel on translation

Nitpicky nitpick is nitpicky: that one was on German sci-fi/fantasy. Translation was one of the other days. :P

so AMMR and I decided to go and wait near the room where the panel with GRRM and Connie Willis was going to be held. At this point, I would like to point out that WE started that damned queue, and not the Russian couple who just brought two chairs and sat in front of us and then proceeded to tell everyone that, yes, they started the queue and that everyone could stand in line. :spank: It makes no difference, but the truth will set you free...

Damn right, tell them! :tantrum:

On Sunday, we went with Buck, Dracarya and Fragile Bird to the Harry Potter Shop at King's Cross. Despite being a die-hard Harry Potter fan, there was no way in Hell I would stay on that queue for the trolley picture!

That is a decision none of us regrets, I believe.

It was lovely too meet you, Sunny. I regret it did not last longer and that we do not live closer. I hope you did not have a very umpleasant travel back home. :) See you ... some time soon, I hope!

It was lovely too meet you, Sunny. I regret it did not last longer and that we do not live closer. I hope you did not have a very umpleasant travel back home. :) See you ... some time soon, I hope!

The coach took the Eurotunnel instead of the ferry this time around, and there were no delays whatsoever - in fact, we arrived 10 minutes in advance! Having said that, we weren't aware that we weren't taking the ferry today, and we were planning to have lunch at one of their buffets. The coach didn't stop anywhere for lunch, and we survived on a giant pack of M&M's from the M&M World shop in Picadilly Circus until we got home... :drunk:

This may actually be precisely how it happened.

Considering we took the only so-called "family room" in the entire B&B, I dread to imagine the things that others did there and in the presence of whom exactly...

Now I am even more happy that this bed was replaced. :blushing:

The coach took the Eurotunnel instead of the ferry this time around, and there were no delays whatsoever - in fact, we arrived 10 minutes in advance! Having said that, we weren't aware that we weren't taking the ferry today, and we were planning to have lunch at one of their buffets. The coach didn't stop anywhere for lunch, and we survived on a giant pack of M&M's from the M&M World shop in Picadilly Circus until we got home... :drunk:

Well that is still better than freezing and then having a painful back for 2 days. :)

Glad you got back safely! :D It was great seeing you again, and I'm so happy you made it to Hitchin last week. It was lovely.

But the boyfriend (I think I should just refer to him as Red Mohawk Guy from now on) has just declared that he is not a "lad" :lol:

Glad you got back safely! :D It was great seeing you again, and I'm so happy you made it to Hitchin last week. It was lovely.

But the boyfriend (I think I should just refer to him as Red Mohawk Guy from now on) has just declared that he is not a "lad" :lol:

I write what I want and he will like it :p otherwise I'll complain to King Henry ;)

Hello! My thoughts, activities and stuff.

Mr. Baitac and I left Florida on Saturday, August 9th, our 28th wedding anniversary! We arrived on the 10 when it was no longer our wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Langham Hotel in Mayfair. This is one of my most favorite hotels ever. It smells so good. Seriously. We visited some popular sights as Mr. B hadn't been to London since '87. We visited the British Museum for the first time ever on Wednesday, the 13th. Later that day, we moved to the Novotel. I thought I had booked a bigger room but we were OK with our hobbit room, luggage open on the floor and our allotted one and a half towels. I tried to set up our safe, which was closed, to no avail, so I asked the downstairs people to come open it. They did while we were at the con. When I went to put stuff in it, I found a velvet pouch and inside was the most beautiful and huge amethyst stone set in gold as a necklace. I am not kidding, it was around 7 carats. Some poor person left the hotel and forgot to take it out of the safe. I took it downstairs and the gentleman told me that he would contact the group that had used the room before us. I hope the person gets their jewel back.

Elder Sister: we are binars. It is known. We laugh so much when we are together. I love you forever. Most favorite quote from you: "I'm loving this food so much. I have no idea what it is!" We didn't spend enough time together but we will, hopefully soon.

Regina: you are my pretty Princess and you won the tiara this year for being so. Like ES, I'm glad to have finally gotten some Damn Regina Time! All the time should be Damn Regina Time is all I'm saying.

Lyanna Stark: you are a jewel of a person (even better than the amethyst). You are beautiful and friendly and happy and a most wonderful "travel director". Your fearless leadership at the Tower of London was a sight to behold. You asked for Dancing Queen and you got it. Calling for Ran was a thing of beauty. You rock.

I attended GRRM's panel and reading. Most favorite self quote: "We started this line before you were even born!." Don't mess with me people!! I'm old and Latina and I don't like mornings.

Sunny, AllMenMustRhyme, Buckwheat, Crannogmen, Dracarya, et al: You are the brightest, most wonderful people and I am lucky to have finally met you (except for Dracarya et al who I had met two years ago in London.) You can count on me always. I'm so very proud of you all!!

Mormont: thank you so much for talking to Mr. B (and me) about Edinburgh. We took your advice and had dinner at Wildest Drams. We dropped your name and everything. I am happy we made it because I initially asked the concierge about the restaurant Field of Drams. I thought I had it right until the guy snorted. Not the first time someone snorts on my account. We loved Edinburgh so very much. Our trip to Loch Lomond and the stumping grounds of Rob Roy MacGregor was fantastic. Your home country rocks, just like you do.

Maid: you are my most wonderful SpamDaughter and I was thrilled to be part of your coterie when you took the Iron Throne. You know how I feel about you and I will be there for you always.

Peadar: I'm so happy to have been your first! Puerto Rican that is. You are awesomeness incarnate and funny and everything magnificent.

Mutha Hydra: You are my cosmic way younger sister. You are beautiful and happy and adorable and I lurve you!!!!

Mountain Goat: You've been my British husband since 2012, however, our relationship ended on account of irreconcilable differences. I may or may not ask for spousal support. I haven't decided.

The Xes: Thank you for all you did in anticipation of and during the con. You guys had to deal and you did, with class and verve. BWBers owe you big time. You are the King and Queen or Nick and Nora or both. Love you guys.

Pod.

Archived