Boskone 13-15 February 2015

Peadar

Does anyone else have recommendations for other similarly prices places to stay nearby?

I cannot say they are similarly priced because I don't know what they cost. But there is a Renaissance just across the Turnpike that I think is the closest hotel to the Westin (about 4/5 blocks). There is the Seaport Boston Hotel about two blocks over from the Renaissance. And then there is a Residence Inn which looks about 8 blocks away from the Westin.

I was just able to reserve a room for a friend, at convention rates. I got confirmation email and everything, no problem. As I wasn't able to do so last night, I suspect some more rooms were added or something? In any case, it's worth re-trying.

http://www.nesfa.org/boskone/hotel.html%C2'>

I also called the Westin about something to do with my own reservation, and while on the phone got confirmation that we're sharing the hotel with multiple conventions. So, if you even think you might attend, I would try to grab a room while you can. I think you can cancel right up to a day or two before without penalty, so it does not hurt to reserve one just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

What time do things start on Friday? I looked at last year's, and 5pm, so that means the train that gets there at 3something is fine.

I am looking at things, thinking about it. I want to, have wanted to go for a long time (some of my most favorite people in the world are going to be there...and one sent me an invite on fb, and reminded me)

The husband has a black-out period at work where they are not allowed to take off that now goes to the end of February (or so he tells me). they used to go to early Feb :dunno: He works weekends and that is just too much time to leave my son alone (nearly 14 hours each day as he works 12 hour days)

I am beyond disappointed.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived