London Meet-Up Ideas, Post-LA/Pre-Amsterdam

Werthead

There was some discussion yesterday between the four of us who met up in London (me, Isis, Slick and Williamjm) about organising a meet up later in the month or early next month for the purposes of chatting about plans for Amsterdam and catching up on the gossip from LA. I think the weekends of 30 September-1 October or 7-8 October were suggested. Obviously this would be dependent on people's availability, on how people's funds are doing after Worldcon etc.

Just throwing this open for suggestions and see what the interest level is.

I'll be in london later this month for a few days... sadly I don't know exactly when though - it all depends on when my nephew decides to enter the world :D

according to my sister this should be around the 25th - so I'm guessing I'll be around the weekend of the 29th.

I'll post more when I know more - it would be great to get the chance for a few beers with you all. :cheers:

I can make this after a fashion on the evening of 30th September (won't get there until after 8). Not sure about the weekend after but I'll see what can be done if this is the one which is decided.

N

Well, I can do Sep 30th (or sat/sun that weekend) or the next couple of weekends after that. But I have a couple of social engagements to fit in during that time so the sooner we can pin down a date the better.

Anyone...

Yep I agree , having just found encredibly cheap ( 1c ) airfare , it would be good to be able to pick a weekend . Either is fine with me just want to find out . I will have my kids , but it should be easy enough to abandon them at one of my many relatives houses . Anyone up for an afternoon visit to a museum ? We could go on the simulators in the Science Museum , always good with a bellyful of beer . Beer for adults , not kids ... except Sean :D

Right, so it sounds like either the weekend of the 30th or the one after. I can do either with no problem, but the 7th sounds better for me (after my next payday). Looks like if it´s the 30th, Bran gets to hang out as well, or kcf the week after. Either way, we have a n00b to break in (cackles evilly :devil: )

Right, so it sounds like either the weekend of the 30th or the one after. I can do either with no problem, but the 7th sounds better for me (after my next payday).

Either sounds good to me, Saturday would be preferrable to Sunday but I could do either.

Archived