Superman and Batman: The End of Humor

Rhom

Not the world just Batman and anybody else who goes after him.

He should be able to protect himself and not hold back, I doubt Batman, Luther and others won't be holding back when fighting him.

You don't want to watch a Superman movie at all do you?

You don't want to watch a Superman movie at all do you?

The only pieces of Superman media I've found really interesting are Red Son and Kingdom Come, so, not really, no.

e: Affleck did seem pretty good in that trailer, I'll say that. I'm willing to give this a shot.

Well, that escalated pretty quickly.

Edit: I actually think Affleck looks pretty good so far from what we have seen.

I agree, I think he could be great. Affleck is a really underrated actor/director, and the role seems perfect for him. He has a powerful presence without being overt, and when he speaks there force behind his words. This is a man I can see attending a board meeting at lunch before snagging a batnap and beating people within an inch of their lives every day. He's not a loving god-alien, he's a fucking psycho with kung-fu. And god help us if he's not the hero we deserve.

This sentence reminds me of going to church as a child, and also serves as a reminder to why I abandoned religion as an adult.

DAAMN!!!

Yo, quick question from the slightly fucked-up hearing here. What are the first and last things Lex says?

When he first begins speaking he's like brushing superman's hair and he says something about'... demons don't come from hell beneath us'

And at the end he says 'the red cape...circling?' That doesn't seem right.

Yo, quick question from the slightly fucked-up hearing here. What are the first and last things Lex says?

When he first begins speaking he's like brushing superman's hair and he says something about'... demons don't come from hell beneath us'

And at the end he says 'the red cape...circling?' That doesn't seem right.

The first thing is "Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator?", and the last is "The red capes are coming. The red capes are coming".

I wonder if the last is a reference to the Superman-insignia'd soldiers we see.

The first thing is "Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator?", and the last is "The red capes are coming. The red capes are coming".

Ah! Thanks, much. I wasn't hearing the comma there, so it sounded jumbled. Probably tinnitus or a tumor on my eardrum.

That was a joke.

That would make a birt fo sense I guess. I just took it as him making a joke based on Redcoat.

Adding to Polish' answer he says adds 'they come from the sky.'

Yes.

A little bet maybe ;)?

I say: 1 billion+

(my gut feeling teils me: 1.5-2.0 billion will be the final box office)

ETA: the hype machine arround BvS reminds me of the hype for the 1989 Batman movie (or as much as I remember about that - was 8 at the time :P )

Sivin,

He says "The 'Red Capes' are coming". It's a play on "The 'Red Coats' are coming".

Leap,

Except that the TDKR builds on the history between Superman and Batman. This is, presumably, the fight they have after first meeting each other. The dynamic will be completely different.

Now serious: after seeing the 2nd Trailer, how Affleck was able to transport the rage, determination and borderline pathologic madness (after all we are speaking about a vigilante costumed as bat), I am very optimistic that Affleck will become the benchmark of all Batman life action movie interpretations.

I guess in the US, Affleck divides opinions quite alot but he was never really a controversial figure here in Europe.

The first time I watched the trailer, it felt too jumbled. I was struggling to take in all the images and dialog. I hope this isn't what will happen in the theater...

This morning, though, wow. This is definitely a pausible trailer. I caught the Joker's graffiti on Robin's suit, but thought it was Batman's at first. And did Joker really send Bruce mail? Does Joker know who Batman is here? Interesting.

Agreed that Wonder Woman will be the voice of reason stopping the escalating fight. I assume that when Superman rips off the top of the Batmobile, it's the end and Clark has had enough. The shot where she's blocking off an energy/heat? bast, she's in front of the wrecked car. So it's not just a BvS battle we'll get but a WvS. Nice.

As one of the four people on this board who actually liked MoS, I'm looking forward to this. Affleck's Batman is indeed on the further end of the crazy spectrum than previous batmen, but that's what's needed here to push two "good" men to fight. Paranoia and an over developed sense of justice puts him on the path to kill Superman.

Archived