Superman and Batman: The End of Humor

Rhom

Reeves and West (with a little Ward thrown in) you mean...but irregardless, it was still fun.

Ooops... certainly my mistake. But yes, still entertaining.

There's never anything quite so entertaining as seeing Batman run around with a lit bomb carried over his head. :lol:

They're probably changing his voice like the arrow has to change his voice in the series when talking to people he knows. Bruce Wayne would be a very public figure meaning his voice would probably be well known. To keep with the scientific/realistic theme I guess.

I didn't find the voice any worse than Bale.

Surprised so many people disliked the voice, it was my favorite part of the trailer. I've never understood why Batman doesn't use a voice modulator. It sounds way fucking scarier than whatever the hell Christian Bale was doing.

UN NOD WARN HARKY PINS!!!!!!

WARS THE TRIGRRA!!!!??? YOU WOOL NERAR GIVE IT TO AN NERINARRY CITERZUN!!!! WARS THE TRIGGRA!!!???

This is going to be a great film.

Like the Affleck casting, glad that Cavill is back, intrigued by other characters being included like WW, Cyborg and Aquaman.

But mostly it's going to be great face off between these two heroes. I'm sure they'll strain suspension of disbelief in order to make it competitive, but I expect some real highlight scenes.

I liked "Man of Steel". Though I thought turning the last third of the film into non-stop slugfest was a mistake.

Looks like they're going to show the fight between Batman and Superman from the end of "Dark Knight Returns" frame for frame. I think that will be a mistake. I like "The Dark Knight Returns" but without the back story the fight will be hollow and empty.

I just watched this video showing what Man of Steel would have looked like with brighter color instead of the drab palette they used. It's pretty cool - I think it would definitely have been an improvement.

I hadn't even noticed just how drab Man of Steel looked before seeing that video. I thought it was just a weird choice of colour and lighting rather than a complete washing out of the entire screen. What a bizarre stylistic choice for a superman movie. Restoring the colour doesn't fix the writing issues but it looks so much better.

I just watched this video showing what Man of Steel would have looked like with brighter color instead of the drab palette they used. It's pretty cool - I think it would definitely have been an improvement.

I hadn't even noticed just how drab Man of Steel looked before seeing that video. I thought it was just a weird choice of colour and lighting rather than a complete washing out of the entire screen. What a bizarre stylistic choice for a superman movie. Restoring the colour doesn't fix the writing issues but it looks so much better.

I'm amazed at how much a difference that makes in the feel of the scenes they retouched. I also like their suggestion of using a brighter filter on the Superman scenes in BvS to give more contrast to the two characters.

Surprised so many people disliked the voice, it was my favorite part of the trailer. I've never understood why Batman doesn't use a voice modulator. It sounds way fucking scarier than whatever the hell Christian Bale was doing.

??

Yeah million times better than Bales batvoice for me

If they had done 2 things differently about MOS I would have accepted it as a "good" Superman movie. There'd still be stuff I didn't like or found boring, but I wouldn't hate, loathe, detest, the movie. I consider Superman Returns a "good" Superman movie, for me that movie is good by way of it not being bad, if you understand my meaning, and I think that's the same way I would have seen MOS if:

1. Pa Kent - The "maybe" line and his death were changed. It just made me hate Jonathan Kent when he said the maybe line. After the fact of the bus rescue when Clark asked if he should have let them die, it destroyed me to hear him say that. He should have said "No, of course not, you just need to be careful" or anything along that sentiment. I understand him being worried about his son being exposed. Yes, I want that, show that, develop that, but please, Ma and Pa Kent need to be what shapes Clark's core (Ma Kent they pretty much got right), why, no matter what the rest of the world thinks of him and what he is good or bad, in the end he won't take the role of God on Earth among inferior humans. Show Jonathan Kent very worried, but still rooted in a strong sense of knowing what's right and what's wrong and that his son is "here for a reason". If you need to change the character that much to show this is a different take on Superman, it just makes me feel why should this be Superman at all? What's the point?

In fact it would have made the end scene with Zod work better, done the same way, not only could I have lived with it, it would be more powerful and draw more sympathy and investment from me into Clark's plight.

During the tornado, Pa still could have died, but Clark could have tried to save him. Be an actual moment of "All these things I can do, all these powers, and I couldn't even save him" which I know absolutely they were trying to do, just in a different way than when Glen Ford had the heart attack. If Clark attempted a save but still couldn't, again, much more powerful and emotional scene. And it could still resonate with the "don't expose yourself" message they were trying to pound into the movie. By Clark trying but failing, there would be much anxiety over "did someone see me?" and "this is what dad was worried about, and it was still all for nothing!" and this would be the impetus for Clark to leave Smallville.

2. They had the John Williams Superman music. Hans Zimmer could have made the movie 90% original score, but if he had just given me at certain points 10% of the Williams score it would have sufficed. Yes, I've said this a million times before, I'll probably say it a million more.

Speaking of music and I know I'm really derailing here, but kind of related to my point. TNT was showing the first Transformers last night and at the scene where they are brought in to see frozen Megatron and a bunch of exposition was being given, there was generic soft background music. I was just sitting there watching, thinking, if I heard in the background here just a soft orchestral rendition of "Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of..." how amazing that would be!

Anyway, back to MOS and Bats V Supes, the well has been poisoned and as long as the DC movies are in the MoS continuity, I can't get happy or excited about any movie. It's possible I could change with a well done movie, but it would have to be really, really, spectacular.

Yes, agreed. This 1,000 times.

While the Pa Kent alteration has to be among my largest complaints as you so eloquently described here, it stands in a long laundry list of things wrong with this movie starting from the very opening making Jor El a super ninja all the way to the close with Superman becoming a whiny hipster too petulant to even try and save anyone. The movie was a complete joke.

This universe is a complete joke, and I hope the new movie bombs so badly at the box office that Zach Snyder is permanently banned from the franchise

While the Pa Kent alteration has to be among my largest complaints as you so eloquently described here, it stands in a long laundry list of things wrong with this movie starting from the very opening making Jor El a super ninja all the way to the close with Superman becoming a whiny hipster too petulant to even try and save anyone. The movie was a complete joke.

This universe is a complete joke, and I hope the new movie bombs so badly at the box office that Zach Snyder is permanently banned from the franchise

I also hope the new movie bombs. I feel kind of guilty about it, but the idea of this Superman being the DC continuity for the next 5-10 years really depresses me.

I've thought about it and gone back and forth. I know you've said you absolutely won't see Bat v Supes or any of the Snyder DC movies, I was on the fence. I hated MOS so much but the idea of a Batman & Superman movie coming out and me missing it in the theater seems unconscionable to me. The kid in my could only dream of something so great.

But Snyder and the producers soured it all. All I've all ready seen and all that's coming out about it just makes it worse. I don't think I can go see it, maybe not any of them.

Maybe when it's rebooted :(

I also hope the new movie bombs. I feel kind of guilty about it, but the idea of this Superman being the DC continuity for the next 5-10 years really depresses me.

I've thought about it and gone back and forth. I know you've said you absolutely won't see Bat v Supes or any of the Snyder DC movies, I was on the fence. I hated MOS so much but the idea of a Batman & Superman movie coming out and me missing it in the theater seems unconscionable to me. The kid in my could only dream of something so great.

But Snyder and the producers soured it all. All I've all ready seen and all that's coming out about it just makes it worse. I don't think I can go see it, maybe not any of them.

Maybe when it's rebooted :(

I'll buy two extra tickets for the both of you.

Archived