Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

the thing I can't figure, for the life of me is what are they gonna do with Sansa in season 5 ?

she is literally, more then a book ahead of Jon as far as story arc goes(for the most part) . I wonder how spoilery they'll get into her story as far as tWoW they'll go

i feel like they are gonna use portions of feast, and maybe alittle of winds for sansa...since we didnt really get the whole feast story with sansa...i mean we kind of did but they skipped shit and what not...maybe theyll make up some shit with her going around the vale...they already introduced bronze yohn and lady waynewood so im sure theyll be back and shell have them to interact with...maybe a brienne run in? i think they will hold off on winds for the end of the season for her. but im just speculating.

D&D most likely know the frame of how they will end the show, so I doubt they will create a story for Sansa that is merely for her to tread water. If it spoils the books it spoils the books, it doesn't really matter. My guess is that it'll most likely spoil the large arc of hers from the books, but probably not in the details.

Apparently (according to a Dutch article linked in the wotw comments by a poster called RaptorVerhoeven) the Dutch red-bearded fellow featuring in a scene with Tyrion and Varys as "brothel guard" is actually in episode 503, not 505. So we'll get Jorah earlier it seems.

Apparently (according to a Dutch article linked in the wotw comments by a poster called RaptorVerhoeven) the Dutch red-bearded fellow featuring in a scene with Tyrion and Varys as "brothel guard" is actually in episode 503, not 505. So we'll get Jorah earlier it seems.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made my day.

Makes sense. 5 episodes of Tyrion stuck in place would not be good.

503? This actually confirms that young Griff won't appear. No time for that.

Looking bad for the Griffs, if thats the case. Just please D&D give me Euron!

So 501-Illyrio's

502-?

503-brothel abduction by Jorah.

Iain Glen was around for their shooting of the Rhoyne stuff so the Sorrows could be in the midseason somewhere. Anyhow Tyrion's s5 is shaping up!

There are still ways the Griffs could be fit in but yeah, it ain't looking too good for them. It's POSSIBLE that Young Griff could features in 501, 502 and 503 in some capacity, where we meet him at Illyrio's and then he travels with Tyrion and Varys for a short distance pre-abduction...but who the hell knows. We'll find out soon enough.

So 501-Illyrio's

502-?

503-brothel abduction by Jorah.

Iain Glen was around for their shooting of the Rhoyne stuff so the Sorrows could be in the midseason somewhere. Anyhow Tyrion's s5 is shaping up!

There are still ways the Griffs could be fit in but yeah, it ain't looking too good for them. It's POSSIBLE that Young Griff could features in 501, 502 and 503 in some capacity, where we meet him at Illyrio's and then he travels with Tyrion and Varys for a short distance pre-abduction...but who the hell knows. We'll find out soon enough.

honestly im just hoping we get young griff for one episode...at illyrios and thats it...its the only possible thing that could happen at this point...filming at illyrios hasnt happened yet...and it seems everything else in between has. god damn this is stressful! i know its only a show (so im just exaggerating)

They did some Illyrio's filming this weekend actually. Dinklage flew to Dubrovnik to film in a villa there which, according to the source who sent pics of the preparations at the location, had prop boxes that said "Illyrio's" on them. Presumably Conleth Hill was there too. Whether or not Roger Allam who's very busy with a play at the moment found the time to fly in or not, we don't know. If not they could always build an interior manse set for it in N.I. and shoot stuff in November when Allam's play is through.

It isn't impossible that they could introduce YG if they dedicated enough screentime to that storyline in those three episodes. It could be done. We have reached the point where there's more evidence against him showing up then for it though.

They did some Illyrio's filming this weekend actually. Dinklage flew to Dubrovnik to film in a villa there which, according to the source who sent pics of the preparations at the location, had prop boxes that said "Illyrio's" on them. Presumably Conleth Hill was there too. Whether or not Roger Allam who's very busy with a play at the moment found the time to fly in or not, we don't know. If not they could always build an interior manse set for it in N.I. and shoot stuff in November when Allam's play is through.

hopefully theres a secret targ in that box

If the Tyrion/Jorah meeting is in 5.03, then yeah, that basically rules out Aegon and Connington, at least in Tyrion's story (and if they're in, it really doesn't make sense not to introduce them through one of the leads; they've rewritten the entire Dornish plot to achieve something similar). The first two episodes or so are largely spent reintroducing everybody. Not even Tyrion is going to get the kind of screentime you'd need in those episodes to cover not just his current emotional state, etc., but introduce and play out such a huge plot development.

Regarding the idea of Olenna being assassinated by Varys instead of Kevan: this would not be a minor change done to "streamline" things and get rid of superfluous characters. This would change everything.

Assassinating Kevan = another step in the downfall of the Lannisters. Assassinating Olenna = making a crucial step in undermining/destroying the power of the Tyrells. This would be like killing off Tywin instead of Renly in season 2.

Regarding the idea of Olenna being assassinated by Varys instead of Kevan: this would not be a minor change done to "streamline" things and get rid of superfluous characters. This would change everything.

Assassinating Kevan = another step in the downfall of the Lannisters. Assassinating Olenna = making a crucial step in undermining/destroying the power of the Tyrells. This would be like killing off Tywin instead of Renly in season 2.

Exactly... Kevan and Pycelle were killed in part to frame the Tyrells. With Kevan dead, Cersei can - presumably - resume the regency, with her fear of the Tyrells increasing. If Olenna was killed, Cersei would be thrilled.

Except for the fact Cersei would have the Tyrell army most likely calling for her head. She'll be in control of the Lannister army. Basically they'll tear each other apart as Varys intends.

His conversation to Olenna could even go something like this: "and with your death your granddaughter and the Queen will realise they have a common enemy, unite their strength and finally the realm will be in the safe hands of the great southern alliance" He could then smile at her as they both know that's bull. Pycelle would still be murdered on the same night but not together for it to work. I'm not saying I want this but I don't its too much of a stretch to do if that's where they want to take the story.

Archived