The Collective DCU TVerse -- Lions, Titans, and Supergirls

Bastard of Boston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha!  I felt the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I just finished the first episode of Powerless and I thought it was great.  I think I knew that it was a DC universe show, but I didn't remember that going into it.  Alan Tudyk was great and Vanessa Hudgens was very charming.  It has a bit of a Better off Ted vibe, hopefully it can find that same groove but garner a much larger audience.  

Reveal hidden contents

I loved Batman ripping off their tech at the end.

Much better than anything I saw on the CW last season.

ETA: Speaking of the CW - I've seen the ad for next week's Flash a couple of times and I think it's freaking hilarious that now Wally isn't fast enough, too :lol: 

It is DC, but not Berlanti or DCCU. It's in your classic established DC universe setting. For instance Batman gets name dropped a lot, Alan Tudyk is Bruce Wayne's much overlooked cousin.

Marvel ordered a pilot for something called Damage Control, which is meant to be a comedy, but there's very little information about it. It sounds like a very similar idea.

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It is DC, but not Berlanti or DCCU. It's in your classic established DC universe setting. For instance Batman gets name dropped a lot, Alan Tudyk is Bruce Wayne's much overlooked cousin.

Marvel ordered a pilot for something called Damage Control, which is meant to be a comedy, but there's very little information about it. It sounds like a very similar idea.

Damage Control was a comic in the late 80s/early 90s about the company that put things back together after heroes wrecked it in their battles...it was meant to be humorous.  In the back of my head I feel like there was a time they took the bit seriously though too...

Although I am a "Marvel guy"... I never miss Arrow or Flash...  I watch the other two shows intermittently ... are these shows full of flaws?... of course... But I think the expectation going in --the impression these shows give-- is to not take them too seriously.... certainly one has a different feeling watching these shows, as opposed to when they sat in theaters to see BvS: DoJ .... its lighter fare, and that's OK with me. 

hats off to DC, and the CW for the way they go about creating their TV-verse....

Okay Powerless...I'm giving you your shot...but episode one was a little lackluster.  You seem to be owning the entire DC comic universe, don't be afraid to be too nerdy in your use of it, particularly in the background jokes ND easter eggs.  Own it.  Because you need to step the game up a tick.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, you know that Titans show we were supposed to get awhile back? It's finally going to happen. And remember when we didn't really know where the Young Justice revival was going to air? We do now.

DC is establishing their own streaming service in 2018, and it'll be the home a Titans live action show and Young Justice season 3.

DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And ‘Young Justice: Outsiders’

Archived