Who will get married in TWOW?

larastone

1. fAegon & Arianne--to seal the alliance b/w Targs & Martells, and b/c Arianne loves beautiful blond men and fAegon is almost certainly still a virgin and will fall for a beautiful, slightly older woman with plenty of sexual experience. I doubt fAegon will marry Elia Sand--he won't want a younger girl, especially not a bastard.

2. LF will try to marry Sansa to someone. LF thinks that Harry will be his puppet; if SR dies and Harry impregnates Sansa and Harry dies then Sansa & Harry's baby is lord/lady of the Vale; LF will then at least try to marry Sansa b/c he desires her and he wants her claim over the Vale (not so sure about the North--does LF even want the North?) and he needs a wife to give him heirs as he is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. I think then Sansa will kill him.

3. Daven Lannister will marry a Frey girl at the Twins, and the BwB will do a Red Wedding in reverse, possibly w/ Jaime's unwilling help. Works especially well b/c LS, former Lawful Good Catelyn, will be killing the decent, sympathetic Daven and no doubt others indiscriminately.

4. Dany fell for one barbarian warlord--why not Vic? He will destroy the Yunkish forces in Meereen, Hizahr will be burned either by Drogon or Moqorro, Moqorro will proclaim R'hllor's support for Dany, she will marry Vic and sail to Westerns w/ @ least Drogon AND the dragon horn, which Day, b/c she has dragon lord blood, can actually wield successfully.

5. If the Faith annulls Lancel's marriage to Ami, might she be married to his younger brother Martyn Lannister instead? Or Genna's youngest son Red Walder?

6. If Roslin gives birth to a girl, the Lannisters/Freys will marry her to Genna's grandson and heir to the Twins Tywin Frey.

7. GRRM says Willas Tyrell will be important in TWoW--he is heir to Highgarden & still unmarried. Don't know who he'll marry though.

8. Shireen is Stannis's only heir. Stannous might marry her to Rickon if Davos finds him, to cement Stark-Baratheon alliance and give him a son-in-law beholden to him. Or he might marry Shireen to someone else for political reasons.

9. Myranda Royce seems very eligible. Don't know who she'll marry.

10. Bronze Yohn Royce has only one son left, Andar, who he'll probably marry soon in hopes of producing a grandson. Maybe Sansa eventually once Royce figures out who she is and manages to thwart LF? Might happen in ADoS; Andar might marry someone else first. Also, Yohn has at least 1 other daughter besides Ysilla who married a Redfort; she might marry.

11. Greatjon had other sons besides Smalljon; his heir might marry Val (they'd be a match for each other) or another Wildling to make peace b/w Umbers & Wildlings.

12. Speaking of which, Aly Mormont & Torment? He's quite possibly the father of her existing children.

I don't know about Vic and Dany. But at the very least he'll pledge the Iron Islands to her in exchange for roasting Euron for him. He becomes Lord of the Iron Island and doesn't sully his soul with kin(g)slaying.

Are Greatjon's other kids alive too? Didn't Stannis mention something about finding the Umber brother's devotion to Jon weird because if he died one of them would inherit Last Hearth?

Actually, I think Euron & Cersei might actually marry. He's handsome, and could probably charm her, and she's delusional enough to think that he'll be her savior and might actually even fall in love w/ him. Here's what happens: UnGregor wins her trial, leaving her a free woman and official Lady of CR. Euro promises that if she allies Lannister forces w/ him he will destroy the Tyrells & HS (his forces have already made headway assaulting the Reach, who knows they might even sack Highgarden w/ all the Tyrell forces in KL). She falls for it and marries him, he of course fucks her over (LF & Sansa & Varys probably contribute on their own), Tommen and then Myrcella are killed, valonqar kills Cersei. Euron might be the valonqar--he's Balon's "little bother" & strangling her w/ his bare hands actually sound like the kind of thing he might do. What do you think?

I want it as much as I want Tyrion to fly a dragon. Cersei and Euron, lovely.

The reason I don't think Euron/Cersei will happen is because I think Cersei has completely soured on marriage even for political gain. I think she'd think it was more trouble than it's worth. Unless she has no choice and is feeling incredibly desperate, entirely possible I admit, I can't see her agreeing to marry Euron if she was opposed to marrying mild mannered Willas Tyrell. I can see Cersei thinking that she'd have a better chance of manipulating a Willas type than a Euron type.

As for Euron himself I feel like he'd think that an alliance with a younger woman would make more sense. He wants Dany, I don't think he'd want to waste his time with Cersei.

Aegon/Arianne seems very likely but I can also see Arianne proposing a union with Myrcella while Arianne suggests some other position for herself.

Jaime + Brienne + Weirwood. (Longshot, I know, but I can hope.)

Sansa + Sweetrobin; then Sansa + Harry; Sansa + Petyr

Val and euron shireen and rickon asha and gendry/edric storm

Val and Euron are pretty much on the opposite side of Westeros, and Val & Gendry aren't even noble.

Asha is in Stannis hands, how could she reach edric storm who hides in Lys?

The reason I don't think Euron/Cersei will happen is because I think Cersei has completely soured on marriage even for political gain. I think she'd think it was more trouble than it's worth. Unless she has no choice and is feeling incredibly desperate, entirely possible I admit, I can't see her agreeing to marry Euron if she was opposed to marrying mild mannered Willas Tyrell. I can see Cersei thinking that she'd have a better chance of manipulating a Willas type than a Euron type.

As for Euron himself I feel like he'd think that an alliance with a younger woman would make more sense. He wants Dany, I don't think he'd want to waste his time with Cersei.

Aegon/Arianne seems very likely but I can also see Arianne proposing a union with Myrcella while Arianne suggests some other position for herself.

Jaime + Brienne + Weirwood. (Longshot, I know, but I can hope.)

Sansa + Sweetrobin; then Sansa + Harry; Sansa + Petyr

Euron might marry Cersei w/ the plan of using her and killing her before Vic supposedly brings Dany to him.

• 5 weeks later...

Put me down for:

1) Arianne and Aegon. JonCon's well laid plans go to waste. And anyway, Dany is for Jon Snow later on.

2) Sansa and Harry the Heir. I'm sure sweetrobon will have an unfortunate accident. Littlefinger's well laid plans.....

Those will be the big ones. I'm re-reading now, but isn't one of the Karstark girls at the Wall fleeing a marriage?

1. Sansa and Harry Hardyng - Hardyng suffers an accident not long after.

2. Sansa and Aegon's storylines intersect somehow probably Baelish who orchestrates a marriage proposal.

3. Jon Snow and Val get married.

4. Daven Lannister and his bride get married - wedding does not end well (hehehehehe)

5. Rickon and Wylla Manderly get proposed as a future match

• 2 weeks later...

I am disinclined to believe either Harry-Sansa or Aegon-Arianne will come to pass.

Firstly, Sansa is already married to Tyrion, and unconsummated or not it will need the High Septon to annul it; and I subscribe to the theories that LF's plans will collapse around him. She will most likely throw in with Aegon, with a betrothal floated but (possibly) gone through with. She might end up married to him, she might not. I think she won't go through with it.

Each of the Starks will be backing a different claimant at least initially, and Sansa I think is going to be team Aegon.

Aegon, if he is real, is half Martell. He shouldn't need to marry into their family to get Dorne's support. Plus he will be wanting to marry Danaerys, and she won't be arriving for a while yet. He gains nothing and in fact loses quite a bit by marrying Arianne- a Sansa or even Margaery match would be better, politically, as bringing in a great house not tied to him already. There is also the possibility of the Reach going up in civil war- IIRC Tarly has an unwed daughter...

Sansa - Aegon (Harry will just fall of his horse or something) That will be beautiful since then Littlefinger's and Varys's master plans will have converged.

Arianne - Willas (We could need a Southern alliance and Arianne will get spurned by Aegon like Quentyn got by Dany) Would also explain why there is no Arianne in the show (Since Willas also doesn't exist).

Arianne - Willas (We could need a Southern alliance and Arianne will get spurned by Aegon like Quentyn got by Dany) Would also explain why there is no Arianne in the show (Since Willas also doesn't exist).

I am also a great fan of this one. I think Dorne, Aegon and the Tyrells are going to team up. Arianne has planned to marry Willas before and Martin has told us he will appear in the books.

Question is what will happen when Dany turns up.

Archived