When its in ur hands

Nozlym

Firstly, tell whoever is around that I pre-ordered this book almost a year and a half ago. Then explain what it is, or at least try to depending of whom I'm speaking to (my kitchen crew or wife, she's one of us). Then as Julia Martell said, minus childcare, make coffee, turn off the television, and live numerous lives.

Damn it's getting close, exciting. I'm a family trees guy first. Then the artwork. Then probably whatever catches my interest. I anticipate a lot of skipping around, and based on the type of book this is, that shouldn't be too difficult.

Oooh, Daemon leading the charge at the Redgrass field! Shown on the interview, wow, very beautiful :) As was all of the other artwork included in the interview, very beautiful. I think the artwork is going to be my favourite part of the book :D

ETA: Interesting comment during the interview that the Dragonstone drawing is the one GRRM said was probably the most accurate based on the description. :)

ETA (again): :stunned: Dunk and Egg spoiler in the artwork :stunned: Well...hmm....Oh you tease George!

And apparently A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is next Spring, which is great news too :D

When George can discuss the Laughing Storm and Dunk, so can we. Somebody open up thread, I'm listening.

He didn't really say anything about them though. He just told us who was in the picture and then mentioned how he dealt with things like Summerhall and other events he didn't want to reveal yet in the World of Ice and Fire Book. (actually he didn't even tell us that :p He just said the "ink stain" idea had been dropped)

I know. I did say that he did discuss them in detail.

Five Blackfyre Rebellions, though.

And Valyrian incest is done for dragonriding purposes. Pyromancers go back to Valyria.

Dragonbirthing stuff should be tricky. Dany's dragons did require such a thing, but there is no way that the Targaryens slit the throat of the occasional to get more dragons.

The Valyrians though, they had slaves in abundance.

Other interesting tidbit was that one of the dragons who survived the Dance apparently disappeared and was not killed - at least not in a way or as close to Westeros that the guys there could confirm his death.

Thanks JS, didn't pick up on that. In my defence, I was doing work whilst I listened to the live stream. Plus it was 12:00am - 02:00am :p

Nope, he did not mention Nettles. He did not really comment on anyone in particular, most of his comments were quite general. About the dragon who flew off, his comment was something like passed out of the knowledge of Maesters, or something vaguely along those lines. I did presume Sheepstealer. Ummm, any other exciting comments? hmmm...the Wall was inspired by Hadrian's Wall (which was somewhat obvious already). Ah...he likened Stannis to...someone, I can't remember. I, Claudius came into the inspiration somewhere. He likes the artwork of Robert and Rhaegar on the Trident because it includes their horses, which was how they would have fought, and most artists omit them. He talked about the Iron Throne and how it would be a monstrous size - the show version is inaccurate, but he understands why they can't have "his" IT - too big and too expensive.

I was still most excited that the Dunk and Egg collection will come out in Spring. If I already knew that, I had forgotten. He said the hardback edition would be well worth it.

Oh, and we wont find out much about Summerhall in this book ;)

Archived