Cersei..close to the end of the book.

Greyshade

I love her pov chapters. I have read some on the message boards (I am new here) that they found the book boring but I could have read a whole book on it's own about her anntics. I am about to begin Princess in the Tower chapter. I never ever thought I would be so intrigired by Cersei because I have hated her from the start but she became interesting to me in this book.

I love her chapters too. I never cared about her in the first 3 books, but she also became very compelling to me in AFFC. I have my problems with how GRRM writes her but I still found myself loving her as a character in AFFC.

She's someone who just wants the world, like tyrion said she's hungry for "power, honor and glory", and is angry as fuck that she's been denied it for so long that she lashes out at anyone and anything that she sees as a threat (which is almost everyone bc she becomes very unhinged) because she doesn't want to feel powerless. and that leads her to making some extremely cruel and selfish choices that I can't forgive but I also don't really hold those things against her a character because she's also a villain.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel almost the same way. Except I do think this book is the most boring out of the first 4, the second half of AFFC is much better then the first though.

But having Cersei POV chapters in this book made her much more interesting, whereas before she was just an annoying evil b**** she is now a crazy funny one... Though also still quite annoying and evil...

I also think her story is being written as an analogy to the Evil Queen in the Snow White fairytale. Where either Margaery/Sansa/Danny can be the Snow White character in relation to that.

What are your thoughts on that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished the book, and it's pretty funny how arrogant she was...even at the end. Even after spurning Jamie to Riverrun and being hateful toward him since his return to KL, she expects him to come running back with "I love you". It pretty much speaks to her entire delusion throughout the book...she has the fierceness of her father without any of the cunning nor knowledge on how to create true alliances, even within her own family.

Just finished the book, and it's pretty funny how arrogant she was...even at the end. Even after spurning Jamie to Riverrun and being hateful toward him since his return to KL, she expects him to come running back with "I love you". It pretty much speaks to her entire delusion throughout the book...she has the fierceness of her father without any of the cunning nor knowledge on how to create true alliances, even within her own family.

Which book have you just finished? Do you mean A Feast for Crows? You should read A Dance with Dragons and see what happens in terms of her arrogant demeanor in that book.

Yeah, I just finished AFFC. Starting the last book now....I'm assuming she's not completely done for just yet.
I kinda had an epiphany as I re-read this thread that the "queen who destroys everything you hold dear" is Dany not Margaery, not sure why I didn't realize it sooner. I thought it may have been Myrcella if there was an upcoming war with Dorne to displace Tommen with her but now after the first chapters of ADWD it seems obvious

Doran Martell is working with Illyrio to bring Dany over for final vengence on the Lannisters

We'll see how it plays out.

• 3 weeks later...

I love her pov chapters. I have read some on the message boards (I am new here) that they found the book boring but I could have read a whole book on it's own about her anntics. I am about to begin Princess in the Tower chapter. I never ever thought I would be so intrigired by Cersei because I have hated her from the start but she became interesting to me in this book.

Reading Cersie's POV chapters makes me want to choke her because she is so arrogant and I loved it when she finally was imprisoned.

Archived