9th Annual Secret Santa Gifts Are Arriving All Over the World!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Questionnaire 1

Are you over 18? Yes

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes, but USA/CAD/UK Preferably, I try to use private mail services because the outgoing regular mail from my country isn't very reliable!

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian, Mediterranean

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : No candy please (trying to keep blood sugar low!)

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Pine, woodsy, or "clean smells"

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): I collect Movies that Have Won the Academy Awards for Best Picture, and coins from around the world. Also collect Christmas Ornaments for the Family Tree ("Ornaments with a Story" is a concept we've been trying to establish for a while).

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Mostly Non-Fiction (shocker!), but I have a soft spot for Medieval Fantasies (go figure).

Favorite animal: Dogs

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I love MOVIES. If I could only have that Lannister Invitation box the Press got... *sigh*.. Cult Classics are great (I do Own Behemoth, Attack of the 50ft Woman, etc.). Speaking of Cult Classics, if you've heard the lyrics to the song "SCIENCE FICTION, DOUBLE FEATURE" I would like the movies mentioned in that song: (The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951); Flash Gordon (1936); The Invisible Man (1933); King Kong (1933); It Came from Outer Space (1953); Doctor X (1932); Forbidden Planet (1956); Tarantula (1955); The Day of The Triffids (1962); Night of the Demon (1957); When Worlds Collide (1951).

Favorite Color : Orange and Blue

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Glamorous, Indie Rock and Roll is What I waaaaaant! :singing a song that defines his favorite genre: Erm... Folk Rock/Alternative/Indie Rock, though I listen to a lot of stuff from rising artists... I tend to be a bit finicky about my music though... if you have a good ear for Indie Rock, pitch something. One of my favorite Albums is "Adore from Smashing Pumpkins (I know that's Alternative, but I just wanted to give you an idea!)", I like Joanna Newsom and The Killers and The Delays, and There's this New Zealand Band I really like... Tame Impala. I used to like Foster The People until I read their lyrics... but their music is great and I would appreciate something like that.
Do you collect anything? Coins, Films, Curious SFW objects from around the world, Christmas Ornaments.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Has Lego Architecture come out with the Chrysler Building yet :unsure:? That would be a nice gift, and would complete my NYC Empire State Building + Solomon Guggenheim Building Collection (The Chrysler Building is my favorite NYC Building). I'll get back to you adding stuff here. I always have small things I need but I get shy about asking relatives (because they're normally geeky). Also, I need to check some birthday presents I need to collect in the City and that would help me sort out some things I might want...

UPDATE #1 OKAY so here it goes

1) I own a Violin that's been in the family in a while, and which I would like to restore as my new pet project. A chin rest + Tailpiece + Pegs in Ebony Wood would be nice. Not need to be something ornate, as I don't want it to compete with the Violin, just solid ebony (which is the densest of the more available woods). Violin's come in different sizes. Mine's a 4/4, a full-sized one.
<- I just found out the parts in the Violin are all ebony and do not need change.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Idk, maybe some of the mindset, right: so you can get an idea of the person: like retro stuff. I like the Middle Ages. Stuff from antiques in pewter or non-glossy brass, stuff you find in a old yard sale, stuff from Vintage Shops and Thrift Stores which there aren't any where I live (but not derelict stuff that looks like: A ) your dog gnawed to it or your cat decided to scratch as a hobby, B ) You poured a gallon of bleach on it and decided to wipe it off before realizing it was too late (no tie dyes) or C ) You're good to go to a KISS Concert). Have a chance in a million? I always browse through dorky stuff from the Virgin Megastore aisle by the Cashiers. If I could own a Grandfather Clock I would. I prefer many little gifts when possible, slip in a peculiar Family-Friendly ornament for the tree.

Questionnaire 2

2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? Orange and Blue <_<
b. Type of candy? Chocolate? (The More Cocoa in it the Better)
c. Type of munchie? Heh. Pita Chips.
d. Puzzle to do? Rubiks Cube, Scenery, famous paintings (I like puzzles, but I don't have anywhere to build one right now!)

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Yes (See above) <_<

4. What type of hobbies do you have? I read, play Tennis, play Mafia, play certain Video Games... does cooking count? I like to take pictures but I don't own professional equipment.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Joy

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Traditional Catholic Christmas with the Advent Crown and everything in between and the second cousin's best friend can come over too... isn't it a party anyway? The more the merrier!

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Drats, what did I answer two years ago? Does Annie Hall Count? :unsure: - Miracle on 34th Street otherwise.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ - See #6.

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.
Can I have C though, but with no black tie attire?

10. Favorite Christmas music: The Rat Pack

11. What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. A Segway? Or something from the Sky Mall.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) - Medium in T-Shirts. L/XL in Caps/Hats/

14. What colors are in your:
a. bedroom? beige-ish
b: kitchen? white
c. living room? some sort of brown color that people find nice but I find impossible to describe... it looks like a coffee drink. There's also light blue, and white.

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)... eclectic? Well a lot of the furniture is modern-ish, but there is some retro stuff.

Anything else your SS should know about you? I like retro stuff. Little things that add up are more fun. Oh my mailing address is in the US, I get my international mail forwarded from there. So perishables are a no-no. I like Tech-Gadgets and stuff that makes my life easier!

Oh and I'm very much set with House Lannister things thanks to two NYC trips and my lovely SS from 2011!.

ZAR'S LIST OF STUFF HE LIKES OR MIGHT WANT OR NEEDS.
(In case Lady Olenna is freaking out because she drew me and needs my help :P My Secret Santa needs some guidance).

1) A Neapolitan Coffee Maker. (It doesn't have to be a *new* one... I like Retro stuff? You may run across one in one of those Goodwills etc and they're easy to find online too. References: https://ambradambra.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sdc12915.jpg

2) A Hario Manual Coffee Mill (there's a Mini One). I have an electronic grinder, but they don't do the beans a favor. I would prefer one with a glass chamber, since they don't leave residue to the coffee. <- Sister gave me one with Wheel Burrs so this one's out. It has a plastic chamber but eh. It's better than a manual one!

3) A Penguin Clothbound Classic (spare me from Ms. Austen, though).

4) A Multipurpose Knife (Swiss Army Spartan, hardwood finish and I'll love you forever?). I lost mine (or perhaps someone borrowed it to never return it.

5) If you're a romantic, send me something for the tree. I'll hang it because I'm a romantic with that too.

6) A nice Magnet for my Refrigerator of your place in the world if you're into thematic presents.

7) Barware. (General barware, champagne sealers, a Vacu Vin sealer)

8) House Lannister Map Markers (!!!) <- I don't know if these are available or what they're worth, I know they were available in Comic Con.. I just like them.

9) IF YOU'RE in the US, WHOLE BEAN COFFEE from one of the great roasters in the Big Apple, like Stomptown or Intelligentsia or Blue Bottle from Cali. A Kenyan or an Ethiopian coffee would be nice. Basically from a local roaster if you're in coffee zone. Otherwise the beans might take too long in the mail :(

Questionnaire for Elder Sister:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? - Blue

b. Type of candy? Anything milk chocolate

c. Type of munchie? Nuts - any kind.

d. Puzzle to do? I'm not big on puzzles.

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . No. Although I love birds - bird ornaments or animals are always awesome.

What type of hobbies do you have? Playing guitar/singing, knitting, sewing, cooking, reading, gardening.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Inspiring. I love Christmas. I hate the hectic/materialism of it, but I love what it represents.

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate family only. Most of my family has passed on now.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? It's a Wonderful Life - such a sweet movie. And who doesn't love Jimmy Stewart?

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ - Religious.

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops

b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters. This is pretty much every day for me. :)

c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet

d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Favorite Christmas music - I like the old standards.

What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. I would like some hangers for some of my guitars - these are wall mounts.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) Large or XL - but honestly, I'm kind of picky about clothes.

What colors are in your home: bright colors - red, yellow, blue.

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc - very eclectic and funky

Anything else your SS should know about you? Nah - I'm easy

Do you have any wish lists? On amazon.

Zar! Where did you get the second questionnaire?

the second one is what I have posted, basically. The first one is similar questions.

They are from last year (and every year before that :P) and in the link in the first post. Some of us lazy folks just copy the previous answers and repost them :P

the second one is what I have posted, basically. The first one is similar questions.

They are from last year (and every year before that :P) and in the link in the first post. Some of us lazy folks just copy the previous answers and repost them :P

and vaguely update them when your secret Santas are awesome and fulfill your needs :P

I'm gonna do a Zar and list my wanted things in a.. list, to give my SS some guidance, since I'm fairly new here and most people don't know me well enough yet. I've listed it in order of how much I want them. You can read the questionnaires below if you like

1. https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/62220-recon-corps (black)

2. https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/73374-metal-is-enduring (navy blue)

3. TWOIAF sorry I bought it myself!!

4. A bookmark for TWOIAF, a House Stark one if possible!! If not then House Baratheon

If my SS decides to order the shirts, can you please get a size L in the men's fit please. The women's fit is too slim-fitting for me and I would like a looser fit, thanks. My workplace gave me a size L men's shirt and it fits me great.

5. A little reading light, the kind that you clip on to books to read them at night :)

6. American candy (if you're in the US or somewhere where american candy is available. Please do not send anything with any form of gelatin or alcohol in it as I cannot eat/drink those. Also don't send too much! Need to watch my weight, but a little would be nice :) also cheetos

7. Bleach manga volumes, I have 1-9 already, if you decide to get these then 3-in-1 edition please. And in english

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): naw

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : american candy! It's not available widely here or is ridiculously expensive (£1.50 for a small bag of cheetos?????) yeah and cheetos :P
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): nah.. I own several perfumes including a Marc Jacobs one and I'm not a candle person
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): reading and writing. Particularly reading.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): fantasy! You know, like TWOIAF. ;) But yeah my favourite kind of fantasy is the kind like Branderson Sanderson's Stormlight Archives (I have read the first two books and loved them, 3rd one isn't out til like 2016 anyway :bawl: )
Favorite animal: Cat, but I don't keep anything animal-like in my house, or anything with eyes/faces on, frowned upon in my house for religious reasons, like ornaments or whatever. I don't keep anything in my house, the house needs renovating.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I'm not a movie person
Favorite Color : Royal blue, or royal blue with silver. Or emerald green.
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Nah
Do you collect anything? Nup
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? questionnaire 2!

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Written in questionnaire 2

Questionnaire:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Dark, royal blue. It's even more spectacular with silver or white. Emerald green comes in at a second. That's why my laptop cover is blue. :P
b. Type of candy? Anything except dark chocolate, liquorice, aniseed, but I'm trying to avoid candy so I can try lose weight

However I have an affinity towards american candy which is not commonly available here or is insanely expensive.. if you decide to send candy please make sure there is no gelatin or alcohol in it as I don't eat/drink those.

c. Type of munchie? I'd like to try cheetos!

d. Puzzle to do? I dislike puzzles, not my thing

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .

Naw, I'm a muslim, I don't celebrate. I love the gift-giving and stuff :D

What type of hobbies do you have?

I read and write a lot. That's about it. I'm planning a fantasy story soon

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?

Mystical

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

If I celebrated Christmas, it would be immediate family. I celebrate Eid with immediate family (well, all my other relatives live abroad anyway lol)

Favorite Christmas movie and why?
I've only ever watched Elf, it was fun. I'm not particularly a movie person

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/

Religious as in we keep within religious limits (no alcohol etc) but we like to dress up well and have fun :D

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.

B. The rest isn't just me.

Favorite Christmas music

None in particular, I try to avoid Christmas music mostly. Too cheesy. The DFS advert plays 'All I want for Christmas is you' at Christmas EVERY YEAR. *grumbles* I like the festivities though

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

If I may apply this to Eid instead - it is usually a mixture of all of the above. It begins slow and relaxed because it's just me and my mum at home (my dad and bro go for prayers in the morning) but it is organised, fast paced as my mum has to do a lot of work with preparing the food. It becomes chaotic soon as my dad and bro get home, and relatives come over, it goes crazy. Then quiet again in the afternoon when they all leave :P

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

idk

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

check spoiler tag

What colors are in your home:

Mostly neutral colours downstairs, my kitchen is a lurid yellow (my house hasn't been renovated in years and years and it looks... not good at all), my room is a sky blue with a cream ceiling (although my duvet covers/carpet are purple as that is the colour I chose when we first moved there)

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)

Just modern I guess. It doesn't matter because it looks bad. That's why my mum avoids buying ornaments and stuff, the house needs a good old renovation and only after that will we buy ornaments and the like.

Anything else your SS should know about you?

In spoiler tags

Not much on my list, surprise me :rolleyes:

Do you have any wish lists?

Naa

Yes! I'm in! :D

Questionnaire:

Are you over 18? Yes - I'm 29
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Vegetarian - I like traditional boring non-meat and potatos type meals. Also Italian food.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Jelly Belly Beans and Licorice (salty in particular)
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Vanilla / Coconut
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):
Video gaming (Have a PS3 - will probably have a PS4 too by Christmas), painting, cross stitching, reading (obviously), hiking. Just started birding a bit. I listen to a ton of podcasts.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Non-Fiction - I read on a Kindle Fire. Here is my Good Reads - ETA: I could use a birding book for Norhteast USA. I have apps but sometimes it's just not the same.
Favorite animal: Dogs
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Any Monty Python DVD would be great (already have Life of Brian thanks to my awesome SS last year). I don't own a VCR. :P
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: No
Do you collect anything? Nothing relevant.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Always.

What is your favorite:
Type of munchie? Salty ones. Chips/Olives/Cheese.
Puzzle to do? Jigsaw

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . No

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Cozy

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Jammies

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Not sure what I've answered here before, because right now I can't think of any. In Swedish tradition I do always watch 'Donald Duck' on Christmas though.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ - Non-Religious

Favorite Christmas music - Traditional

What is your Christmas morning like:
a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

Legos? An Xbox One?

Oh, just thought of a genuine answer to this question - make up. I never wear makeup but I do find it fun in a 'painting on a different type of canvas' sort of way. If it wasn't so expensive I would definitely buy makeup from time to time.

Also, a 3D printer until they become more affordable.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) Women's Medium, usually. I like funny/geeky t-shirts, although nothing offensive.

What colors are in your home: Bedroom - Black/White / Living room Dark Blue and Purple with Birch wood and white

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc) - IKEAish? Modern?

Anything else your SS should know about you? I'm easy to please so don't worry too much. In the past I have gotten books, scarves, candy, lotions, etc. etc. and everything has been perfect. I'm vegetarian, so please don't buy anything with real leather or other animal products.

I'll be away from November 30th to December 7th so it would be great if the package is received either before or after that.

Do you have any wish lists? No. I like to be surprised!

~~~

ETA: Wanted to add that I love nerdy things** but I'm not much for 'just' decoration such as figurines. I prefer T-Shirts, Jewelry, Blankets, Gadgets, Coasters (I do need coasters, actually), etc. - (Although I do like Plushies)

** Since nerdy can mean so many things, I thought I would list some of the things I have a special affinity for:

Videogames - Skyrim, Borderlands, Portal/Half Life, Minecraft, Doom I and II.

TV/Movies - Monty Python, Community.

Podcasts - Indoor Kids, The Bugle, SGU, Smodcast, Feab, What Say You, How did this get made.

Books/Comics - Hitchhiker's Guide, Asoiaf (obviously), Tolkien, Discworld.

General - Dragons, Legos.

Questionnaire:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Blue

b. Type of candy? Chocolate

c. Type of munchie? Almonds

d. Puzzle to do? Undecided

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .No

What type of hobbies do you have? Painting,Readin,Tv Shows,Photography

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Hapiness

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate Family

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Love Actually and It's a wonderful life( I love the message they send and they always make me feel good )

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Religious but not too much

b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters. Because to me it's pure perfection and I miss snow.

Favorite Christmas music Nothing in particular

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Old Stingray Chevy or Compendium of Walking Dead comic book

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) M I guess

What colors are in your home: brown,blue,white,beige

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc something like this with more brown

Anything else your SS should know about you? I like surprises :)

Do you have any wish lists? Weeeeellll I can write some things I've been eying but it in no way meant my SS has to follow that.Go nuts do what you think feels right and follow your heart. that said

I really like River Song's diary that looks like Tardis,from Doctor Who and I've always wanted Women fit Clegane t-shirt(yellow with black dogs).

Archived