''I dreamt [about Sansa] again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.''

Liaraeyne

I dunno if there is already a thread about this, but here is some speculation on what might happen with Sansa later on.

I was thinking about the Ghost of High Heart, aka the Wood's Witch. She's a very old dwarf with prophetic dreams and so far all of her predicitions have come true, except maybe the last one.

Her prediction goes like this:

''The old gods stir and will not let me sleep. I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart [shadow assassin] butchering a golden stag [Renly], aye. I dreamt of a man without a face [faceless man] waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings [Euron]. I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish [Catelyn]. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. I dreamt a wolf [grey wind] howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief. I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams [red wedding], but the saddest sound was the little bells [Jingle Bell]. I dreamt of a maid [sansa] at a feast [purple wedding] with purple serpents [The Strangler] in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.''

So that last sentence is quite interesting. She's obviously referring to Sansa. Now, it could mean she's just referring to Sansa building the snow castle replica of Winterfell and smacking Sweetrobyn, and then he fell into the castle while shaking, ruining the castle (in the perspective of the snow castle, Robyn would be a ''savage giant'').

But it could perhaps be a foreshadowing of Sansa litteraly slaying Robyn. The prophecy litteraly says ''slaying''. Littlefinger is sort of plotting to get rid of Robyn because he wants to give the Vale and Winterfell to Sansa. He said that Robyn will die soon of natural causes because he's so sickly, but what if it's not soon enough for Littlefinger? He might consider killing him and making it look like natural causes. Perhaps he will convince Sansa to have a hand in it. Sansa may feel some grudge toward Robyn, as he ruined her pretty castle...

Man I am liking Sansa more and more. What do you guys think? Does the Ghost refer to her snowy castle and nothing more, or do you think she might actually kill Robyn?

I don't think the savage giant is Sweetrobin. He's not very giant. I also don't think that Sansa bears any grudge toward Sweetrobin - for the castle destruction or for anything else. I think Sansa pities him.

I think Littlefinger is the savage giant.

I devoutly hope that the vision does not simply refer to the snow castle that Sansa built. That would be anti-climactic and sucky to me.

In what way is SR a giant? Not even physically, not even metaphorically. Not to mention that he wasn't playing a giant, he had a doll that represented a giant. So, IMHO, Robyn most certainly isn't the "giant".

GHH most certainly didn't refer just to the snow castle. Entire line of her dreams was about people, and I have no reason to believe that it wasn't a case with this particular dream. My money is on LF.

One thing that's been brought out about this is that other than Sansa the characters were referred to by aspects rather than by name, as in trout for Catelyn and wolf for Robb. Littlefinger's house sigil is the Titan of Braavos, so he could be the savage giant.

In what way is SR a giant? Not even physically, not even metaphorically. Not to mention that he wasn't playing a giant, he had a doll that represented a giant. So, IMHO, Robyn most certainly isn't the "giant".

GHH most certainly didn't refer just to the snow castle. Entire line of her dreams was about people, and I have no reason to believe that it wasn't a case with this particular dream. My money is on LF.

I think Sweetrobin is, but the "slaying" already happenned, with him & his doll and the snow castle scene.

Not all prophecies are distant. Remember the context. All the Ghost of High Heart's prophecies in that set came true (in a way) fairly quickly. Balon's demise, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding - and Sansa scene where she tears the head off his "giant" doll, and down goes Sweetrobin - the Lord of the Vale - in one of his fits. (And shortly after, down goes Lysa through the Moon Door - which some say is another possibility.)

I think Sweetrobin is, but the "slaying" already happenned, with him & his doll and the snow castle scene.

Not all prophecies are distant. Remember the context. All the Ghost of High Heart's prophecies in that set came true (in a way) fairly quickly. Balon's demise, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding - and Sansa scene where she tears the head off his "giant" doll, and down goes Sweetrobin - the Lord of the Vale - in one of his fits. (And shortly after, down goes Lysa through the Moon Door - which some say is another possibility.)

I am not so sure that context of time matters here, HotU visions most certainly didn't have time context. I find the thematic context more important here.

I struggle to see it being LF, I just don't see how he is considered a giant. I would have thought he would have been seen as a mockingbird as that is his personal sigil.

I know the argument that the sigil of house Baelish is the titans head, therefore Baelish = giant, but in the GoHH's vision she identifies everyone by their personal sigil (when they have one) rather than their house sigil. In other words Stannis is a Baratheon (stag), but she sees the burning heart (his personal sigil), Euron is a Greyjoy (kraken), but she sees the drowned crow(crow's eye, his personal sigil, not the house sigil), Baelish is a titan(sort of), but if it was him she would identify him by the mockingbird if what she says were to fit with the rest of her vision.

I realise I might be wrong, George may not have payed quite so much attention to the speech so I could be noticing a pattern that is unintentional

Thank you for all the insights guys!!

Littlefinger is one of my favs, but it would still be pretty cool if Sansa stepped up and killed him... :$

But how i met your hodor has a good point, GHH uses personal sigils. And LF's personal sigil is a mockingbird.

What seems pretty clear though: Sansa is going to kill someone.

What characters/houses have a giant as sigil, or could be reffered to as giants? Let's make a list.

- Umber, but that's very unlikely, I mean why.

- Ser robert strong, but also unlikely

You guys have any idea who the "savage giant" is?

Archived