''I dreamt [about Sansa] again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.''

Liaraeyne

What people are forgetting here is, it is not said a "Giant". It is a "Savage Giant".

Littlefinger can be many things, but him or his sigil is far from being savage. His original house symbol is Titan of Braavos, which is a colossus. The exact opposite of savage. Colossus is there to protect the city, whereas a savage would probably want to sack a city. At least, that is the general conception.

MVC, what exactly are you implying. In my college days guys used the word to mean getting with a girl, as a kid it meant riding down a hill in a sled, and I've heard the expression slay him with kindness, but I'm not sure what context you mean to imply.

Primalsplit, I think you are using a narrow view of the term savage. It doesn't need to mean a savage fighter like the Hound, it can be savage like those damn savages did such horrible things. In that regards Baelish is a savage, as we know he tortures unwilling girls into becoming prostitutes. Unless you would like to argue against that being savage...

I struggle to see it being LF, I just don't see how he is considered a giant. I would have thought he would have been seen as a mockingbird as that is his personal sigil.

I know the argument that the sigil of house Baelish is the titans head, therefore Baelish = giant, but in the GoHH's vision she identifies everyone by their personal sigil (when they have one) rather than their house sigil. In other words Stannis is a Baratheon (stag), but she sees the burning heart (his personal sigil), Euron is a Greyjoy (kraken), but she sees the drowned crow(crow's eye, his personal sigil, not the house sigil), Baelish is a titan(sort of), but if it was him she would identify him by the mockingbird if what she says were to fit with the rest of her vision.

I realise I might be wrong, George may not have payed quite so much attention to the speech so I could be noticing a pattern that is unintentional

How is crown Baratheon stag or a fish personal sigils, not to mention that "drowned crow" is not even a sigil but metaphor for specific person, shadow with burning heart is shadowbaby, not Stannis himself. And then there is a Bran's dream from AGOT that also speaks about LF as a giant.

MVC, what exactly are you implying. In my college days guys used the word to mean getting with a girl, as a kid it meant riding down a hill in a sled, and I've heard the expression slay him with kindness, but I'm not sure what context you mean to imply.

Just that in the dream, it may have been a savage giant being killed, but it could turn out to be that Sansa somehow debilitates or otherwise seriously undermines someone.

I mean, she did already do that once to Ned and he ended up dying, so who knows.

My first thought when reading it was tryion but I cant see how they would both end up at the same place together. So iam hoping for littlefinger. anything would be better than the mountain which is the only other person that comes to mind when I think of giant.

Tyrion has connectinons with the mountain clans. Also, what better place to stash 3 dragons or a couple of one than in the Vale. Tyrion will inevitably, get the confidence of Dany. Does anyone doubt that?. The Vale clans owe Tyrion much. Gods, I fear for Sansa if she is forced to be near him and what he might do.

I think that for some reason Littlefinger and Sansa travel to Winterfell.

GRRM reinforced the prophecy with the scene of the replica snow castle at the Eyrie and SR's doll. Basically telling us that the snow castle is not the Eyrie but Winterfell.

After she has slain Littlefinger, metaphorically or literally, she will remember the prophecy and the scene at the Eyrie.

In what way is SR a giant? Not even physically, not even metaphorically. Not to mention that he wasn't playing a giant, he had a doll that represented a giant. So, IMHO, Robyn most certainly isn't the "giant".

GHH most certainly didn't refer just to the snow castle. Entire line of her dreams was about people, and I have no reason to believe that it wasn't a case with this particular dream. My money is on LF.

Just because you put imho doesnt make people unable to see that it isnt a humble statement

I don't think the savage giant is Sweetrobin. He's not very giant. I also don't think that Sansa bears any grudge toward Sweetrobin - for the castle destruction or for anything else. I think Sansa pities him.

I think Littlefinger is the savage giant.

I devoutly hope that the vision does not simply refer to the snow castle that Sansa built. That would be anti-climactic and sucky to me.

I also think it's Littlefinger.

People see the doll and assume that was it, meaning that they'll be blindsided when it actually does occur. It's a clever way to have done it on GRRM's part. I've also seen the argument that the snow castle and doll are foreshadowing Sansa's eventual confrontation with Baelish, almost a foreshadowing within a foreshadowing.

The biggest strike, from what I can see, against it being the doll is that if it is the doll, it's a huge outlier in the visions. The rest of the visions all have to do with the actual deaths of people: Robb, Catelyn, Balon, Joffrey. Why would this pattern by broken over a child's toy? ETA: And as Mladen pointed out, sigils and symbolism are put to use in the visions. Why couldn't the giant also be a sigil or symbolic?

What people are forgetting here is, it is not said a "Giant". It is a "Savage Giant".

I'd say Littlefinger is extremely savage, in the sense that he's amoral and has helped cause a huge amount of death, destruction and chaos.

Just because you put imho doesnt make people unable to see that it isnt a humble statement

Not sure I understand the point of your post, but regardless whether it is humble or not, my opinion is that giant is not SR, but LF.

Arya sees the Titan of Braavos and thinks it could step over Winterfell walls...

He could step right over the walls of Winterfell,”

We see Baelish stepping over the castle walls, too...

he stepped over both walls with a single long stride

also...

when Littlefinger saw what she’d done he laughed. “If the tales be true, that’s not the first giant to end up with his head on Winterfell’s walls.”

LF dying at Winterfell seems like a good call to me.

Regarding titans vs giants--

In Arya'a PoV in AFfC we learn that Old Nan has told them about the Titan--

"he was a giant as tall as a mountain"

In the dictionary, giant is a synonym for titan (i.e. interchangeable...)

Then we have this from Sansa --

"My grandfather’s shield,” Petyr explained when he saw her gazing at it. “His own father was born in Braavos and came to the Vale as a sellsword in the hire of Lord Corbray, so my grandfather took the head of the Titan as his sigil when he was knighted."

The Baelish family sigil is the head of the Titan (i.e. a giant) Combined with the imagery of the giant's head on the walls of Winterfell, and the nature of the rest of the GoHH's dream, it seems fairly clear that the giant is LF, and the snow castle scene is providing us with a further layer of foreshadowing of LF's eventual demise.

The GOHH said THAT same maid again so it's Sansa unless Arya takes her sister's face, I think Arya is hitching a ride back to Westeros via Massey, and heading North.

The GOHH said THAT same maid again so it's Sansa unless Arya takes her sister's face, I think Arya is hitching a ride back to Westeros via Massey, and heading North.

The theory to which LM refers suggests that Arya does take Sansa's face and that's what it references. The problem with that is, based on how the FM get their faces, in order for Arya to do that, Sansa would have to be dead, something I'm pretty sure LM never really explained. I also think the Ghost would have the power to tell different people apart even if they looked the same. A Faceless Man was referred to as a "man without a face," yet Arya, wearing Sansa's face in FM mode, would be referred to as Sansa herself? Doesn't make much sense.

Archived