''I dreamt [about Sansa] again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.''

Liaraeyne

I've noticed that this prophecy has been discussed for a long time so there's a chance what I'm about to say has already been said.

In my opinion, the Ghost of High Heart's quote "And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow" is referring to Sweetrobin's destroying Sansa's Winterfell snow castle with the doll and Sansa's proceeding to mess that doll up. The doll was controlled by a pain in the ass brat who is prone to those strange violent shakes. A lot of what the young Robert does could constitute "savage" behavior. When all the other events in the ghost's prophecy happen around end of Storm, beginning of Feast, it seems likely that this slaying would happen around the same time as well, instead of later during the 6th/7th book when Sansa will have the chance to repay Littlefinger for his treachery. While a snow castle's or a doll's demise might not be prophecy-worthy, it occurred at a very significant time, just before Littlefinger pushes his way to lord protector of the Vale and Sansa becomes a player in the game.

I'm probably most convinced that this giant isn't Littlefinger or Tyrion cause I doubt she would still be "that maid" whenever the time would come for her to slay either of those two. By the time she settles the score with Littlefinger, she will likely have followed Cersei's advice and learned how to use the weapon between her legs.

Sorry if I came across as a pervert at the end, just my two cents

It's not just the castle. I see a pattern here.

You're only missing one of five kings. And he's a giant asshole.

Agreed, except for the asshole part. The GHH was going through all the 5 kings, it would just weird to then not include Stannis. Don't know exactly how yet, but I always thought it would be him.

The castle built of snow could be Winterfell, she did literally build it in snow. Stannis is on his way there and Sansa could make her way there too.

Agreed, except for the asshole part. The GHH was going through all the 5 kings, it would just weird to then not include Stannis. Don't know exactly how yet, but I always thought it would be him.

The castle built of snow could be Winterfell, she did literally build it in snow. Stannis is on his way there and Sansa could make her way there too.

I always felt the show was doing a little foreshadowing for TWOW. In the books, Sansa very well could end up in Winterfell and wind up killing Ramsey Bolton. She would first be told it was her sister Arya, but once she learns the truth it was her best friend Jeyne, I think it would flip Sansa over the edge and she'll rage-kill Ramsey.

I definitely think Winterfell is the castle built of snow.

Obviously the maid will not slay a savage Giant... it's so far from literal. It very well could be Stannis, but she won't slay him.... just disrupt his plans of running the North.

I always felt the show was doing a little foreshadowing for TWOW. In the books, Sansa very well could end up in Winterfell and wind up killing Ramsey Bolton. She would first be told it was her sister Arya, but once she learns the truth it was her best friend Jeyne, I think it would flip Sansa over the edge and she'll rage-kill Ramsey.

Foreshadowing from the show? How about when Arya tells the Hound that she knows a man who could kill him with his little finger?

Foreshadowing from the show? How about when Arya tells the Hound that she knows a man who could kill him with his little finger?

My point was....the show caught up to Sansa's storyline from the books, so they had to figure out something to do with her. So they combined her into Jeyne Pools storyline.

Going on the notion (according to D&D/GRRM) that "All the major plot points are going to be the same", if GRRM has planned all along for Sansa to return to WF and eventually kill Ramsey herself, it makes perfect sense for the show to combine Jeyne and Sansa, placing her in WF (thus giving her something to do this season). Since it's rumored TWOW will come out before Season 6....the Plotline of Sansa killing Ramsey would not be spoiled by the show (assuming the Show kills him in Season 6 and Sansa kills him in TWOW).

The only difference between the show and the books at the moment is that Sansa is already in WF, while she won't be there until sometimes in TWOW. Hence....the slight foreshadowing I'm alluding to :cool4:

I know I have a lot of assumptions in this, but it seems like a plausible work-around for Sansa by placing her in WF slightly early and having her take over Jeynes storyline while "TWOW Sansa" catches up.

My take is that it's not SR destroying her snow castle at the Eyrie because the other visions were of significant events and that simply isn't one. I don't much like it being LF either because sigil or no I wouldn't call him a "savage giant". Shrewd, calculating, cold, vengeful, evil maybe but not savage. So it has yet to happen. Could be Ramsey as he is certainly a savage though I don't know where the giant part would come in.

I wonder if she may kill one of the Umbers, perhaps the Greatjon himself. He is certainly a savage giant and the sigil of their house is a giant. Killing a good and loyal man may be the traumatic scene GRRM has hinted at Sansa performing. We have all assumed it would be something sexual but perhaps it's simply killing a would-be rescuer.

I've noticed that this prophecy has been discussed for a long time so there's a chance what I'm about to say has already been said.

In my opinion, the Ghost of High Heart's quote "And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow" is referring to Sweetrobin's destroying Sansa's Winterfell snow castle with the doll and Sansa's proceeding to mess that doll up. The doll was controlled by a pain in the ass brat who is prone to those strange violent shakes. A lot of what the young Robert does could constitute "savage" behavior. When all the other events in the ghost's prophecy happen around end of Storm, beginning of Feast, it seems likely that this slaying would happen around the same time as well, instead of later during the 6th/7th book when Sansa will have the chance to repay Littlefinger for his treachery. While a snow castle's or a doll's demise might not be prophecy-worthy, it occurred at a very significant time, just before Littlefinger pushes his way to lord protector of the Vale and Sansa becomes a player in the game.

I'm probably most convinced that this giant isn't Littlefinger or Tyrion cause I doubt she would still be "that maid" whenever the time would come for her to slay either of those two. By the time she settles the score with Littlefinger, she will likely have followed Cersei's advice and learned how to use the weapon between her legs.

Sorry if I came across as a pervert at the end, just my two cents

Welcome to the forums!

The Ghost of High Heart's prophecy concerned the death of King Robb, the death of King Joffrey, the death of King Balon Greyjoy and.... the death of a child's toy? Sorry. One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong.

If the prophecy was concerned with Lysa's demise, then it would have foretold that, not the ancillary event of a toy doll.

Also, on Sansa's imitating Cersei: I don't think so. I think Sansa already rejected the Cersei route back during the battle of Blackwater, when Cersei was expounding that the way to rule was through fear and Sansa thought "I'll make them love me".

Archived