Dark Horse GOT figurines

Big Daddy

Hmm. If they're now aiming new fans that makes me wonder about the chances of older characters like Catelyn and Robert.

But, if new fans are coming on board and binge-watching the whole series, that might actually make older characters more viable.

• 3 months later...

So the new Jon has been shown at SDCC.... any more photos? Any more brand new announcements? New figures seem to be announced at a slower rate these days, and there's still so many more worthy characters that need doing. The pop vinyls seem to get pumped out so fast with so many different characters.

#28 Dany 2.0

#29 Jon Snow 2.0 Battle of the Bastards

#30 Tormund

#31 Tyrion 2.0 Hand of the Queen? Not sure

#32 Arya 2.0 (not shown at SDCC, but mentioned earlier)

Also:

Hodor Hold the Door (is actually a doorstop, but looks like he might be in scale with the figures.

Wun Wun statue (can't tell if he is in scale with the figures from pics I a seeing)

• 2 weeks later...

The figures look good, some better than others to be honest. It's a bit sad they don't make more characters.

On 10/4/2014 at 5:57 PM, Big Daddy said:

Anyone else buying these?

I only have one and I don't plan do buy more figures anytime soon. They would take too much space.

Pff, try collecting 1/6 scale Weta Lord of the Rings statues!! These figures are tiny and cheap in comparison.

Incidentally I e-mailed Dark Horse asking how long they intend making more figures and giving them a list of what I'd like to see. They confirmed they have a few in the works and are planning more.

25 minutes ago, Jons_Ghost said:

Pff, try collecting 1/6 scale Weta Lord of the Rings statues!! These figures are tiny and cheap in comparison.

Incidentally I e-mailed Dark Horse asking how long they intend making more figures and giving them a list of what I'd like to see. They confirmed they have a few in the works and are planning more.

I know that there are bigger and more expensive figures. One of the reasons why I tend to avoid buying new ones is that I can't throw away my old collections (and all the things I received as gifts from friends, family members in my younger years) to make space for newer stuff. This doesn't stop me from buying a figure of a character I really like 'though. I'm not as interested in collecting as I was before, but I still think it's nice to take a look at other's people collections, especially the ones related to GoT, of course.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Did Melisandre ever even come out? I never saw her and cant find her anywhere. Dark Horses website doesn't list her and I can't find her on ebay. As far as I know, the Son Of the Harpy and Stannis were the last two figurines released, and that was forever ago. Did any of you ever get Melisandre?

So I did some searching and found on amazon that she never was released, and just kept getting pushed back. Now she is listed for August, behind all of the re-do figures. Here's the updated list:

25 Son Of The Harpy (out) 

26 Stannis (out)
27 Dany 2.0 (march 14th)
28 Tyrion 2.0 (july 25th)
29 Jon 2.0 (august 15th)
30 Melisandre (august 31st)
31 Tormund (tba)
32 Arya 2.0 (tba)

There's also a Wun Wun to come right? And that mysterious Ghost figure I've seen, in that mystery box set thing, but I'm not paying out for that over a few months just for Ghost... I hope you can get him separately?

Still hoping in this line for Samwell, Theon, Ramsey and Davos at least.

Wun Wun will be a statue. It LOOKS like it might be the right scale, but you'll pay through the nose to get it because it will be porcelain and not plastic. Might be better to wait and see if they later do a figure in that mold. Ghost in the mystery box thing will be easier to get on ebay as people will break those sets up and try to sell them individually.

• 1 month later...

Dark Horse looks to be pretty much winding down with this line as the show prepares to wrap up. At Toy Fair 2018 last weekend, the Dark Horse booth only showcased ONE upcoming figure for 2018. And that was Dany 2.0, not even the other figures they previously announced at LAST year's cons. No prototype of Jon 2.0, Tyrion 2.0, Arya 2.0. Not even Tormund. Even Melisandre who was supposed to be out a year ago had no mention. Not good.

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/18/toy-fair-2018-gallery-dark-horse-game-thrones-witcher-289298

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, Jons_Ghost said:

Nooooo we need Theon, Sam and Davos AT LEAST!!

And Ramsey.... maybe I should get those Eaglemoss models...

Yeah, no Theon. No Robert. No Cat, Davos, Samwell or Ramsey.

But we DID get Greyworm  AND a Son of the Harpy. Figures nobody asked for!

Archived