Doctor Who Series 8; The time of the man that stops the monsters (v2)

Jon's Queen Consort

ComicCon; brace yourself DW is coming!

According to doctorwhotv.co.uk Peter Capaldi said:

"Tales of San Diego Comic-Con are told in awe on every set around the known fantasy/sci-fi production world. It’s become a fabled kingdom. One I am thrilled to find myself heading for. And to appear in the legendary Hall H is a further twist to the cosplay and comic madness I may never recover from." http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-invading-san-diego-comic-con-2015-73919.htm

• 5 weeks later...

I had an idea. Is anyone interested for a rewatching? I mean to watch 3 episodes of each Doctor, the first the last and one of the best plus the movie and the specials, in a week and discuss about what we have seen for the next 12 weeks?

Episodes or stories? Troughton is a problem; his first story is missing (or at least not yet announced as having been found), and his last is ten episodes long. One Doctor a month might be a more reasonable pace; and I did something similar in 2013, so it's a bit soon for me.

Episodes or stories? Troughton is a problem; his first story is missing (or at least not yet announced as having been found), and his last is ten episodes long. One Doctor a month might be a more reasonable pace; and I did something similar in 2013, so it's a bit soon for me.

I was talking about episodes. For example An unearthly child not An unearthly child till The firemaker. The first time we see the Doctor in an episode of his own and the last of his episodes. The main reason I am saying it is because maybe we can find bits of old Doctors in the revived Doctors, like Fear makes companions of us all or things that could explain somethings. I was saying only three per Doctor in a week so when it would be finished it would be closer to the time for Series 9.

• 2 weeks later...

Maisie!

Awesome trailer! So excited for S9. MAISIE!!!

Speculation that she might be

Susan

I would LOVE that to be true, but it would seem out of character for Moffatt to actually acknowledge something like that.

Susan

I would LOVE that to be true, but it would seem out of character for Moffatt to actually acknowledge something like that.

I would LOVE for that as well but

Moffat rarely acknowledge the past/classic Who with anything other than the occasional shout out. To actually put Susan back into the mix would be awesome, but agreed that it doesn't feel very Moff

Susan

Spoiler

Well, why else go back to Coal Hill all of last year if it's not leading to something related to Susan?

On the other hand, I had an idea I prefer. Maisie costumed with long hair like that is bearing a resemblance to Missy. Seems more likely to me she's a Younger Missy. I also had the thought that she's a the young version of a future female Doctor. The idea being that in order to switch genders, a Time Lord has to regenerate as a baby and go through puberty again. I do think Maisie is playing Missy, and this is leading to the idea that the next Doctor will be female, so he'll have to regenerate as a baby, grow up taken care of by a companion, go through puberty -- maybe all of that in a one episode montage -- and finally reveal a grown-up female Doctor.

Though to be honest it is a kids show, nominally. I could watch one season of the Doctor as a girl growing up, as long as she's grown up by the end of the season. With Maisie as her nemesis Missy.

I don't see why we have to put spoiler tags on speculation but ok.

We went back to Coal Hill but to my recollection they didn't tie the current Coal Hill story to the original story of 50 years ago in any significant way. More like a wink and a nudge that Moff remembered the show's history but without seeking to explore or expand upon it. If anything, it felt like they were trying to make Clara into Susan 2.0 with 12 being her "space dad" to quote Danny Pink.

As for SpaceChampion's idea that

Maisie is playing the Young Version of Missy...yeah, that makes sense. Her saucy "old man" line seems to be in line with totally bananas and sassy adult Missy. The rub for me is that 12 recognizes Maisie's character and the female Master is brand new to the regenerated series. Prior to this, the Doctor and the Master grew up together as males on Gallifrey. Unless this isn't the first time the Master has swapped sexes?

And the date. #September19 #savethedate.

I am the Doctor and I save people!

0:56 The Doctor is a Rockstar!

There was a lot of fist pumping over that quote in your spoiler tag. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know that is a silly question but humour me. How do you rank the Doctors so far? The classics are in if you have seen them and War is in too. One is the best,duh, 13 the worst.

Hmmm....

1.  Tom Baker  (4)

2.  Alex Smith (12)

3.  Patrick Troughton (2)

4.  David Tennant (11)

5.  Peter Davidson (5)

6.  Christopher Eccleston (10)

7.  Paul McGann (8)

8.  Peter Capaldi (13)

9.  William Hartnell (1)

10. Jon Pertwee (3)

11. Sylvester McCoy (7)

12. Colin Baker (6)

13. William Hurt (9)

In my opinion.  

Hmmm....

1.  Tom Baker  (4)

2.  Alex Smith (12)

3.  Patrick Troughton (2)

4.  David Tennant (11)

5.  Peter Davidson (5)

6.  Christopher Eccleston (10)

7.  Paul McGann (8)

8.  Peter Capaldi (13)

9.  William Hartnell (1)

10. Jon Pertwee (3)

11. Sylvester McCoy (7)

12. Colin Baker (6)

13. William Hurt (9)

In my opinion.  

ITYM MATT Smith and JOHN Hurt

I know that is a silly question but humour me. How do you rank the Doctors so far? The classics are in if you have seen them and War is in too. One is the best,duh, 13 the worst.

Oh fun!

1. 10

2. 4

3. 11

4. 12

5. 2

6. 6

7. 5 (it's a shame he didn't have better stories)

8. 9

9. 3

11. 8

12. 8.5 (a great performance but I was still very iffy on the whole "forgotten" regen)

13. 7 (to be fair, I've seen very little of him sadly so that's why he's so low)

Archived