Doctor Who Series 8; The time of the man that stops the monsters (v2)

Jon's Queen Consort

Sadly they don't seem to have departed much from the formula of the companion having to be a young woman from modern-day Britain. There's nothing particularly wrong with that formula but it might be nice to see a bit more variety.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/4/2016 at 3:51 PM, williamjm said:

from modern-day Britain

Maybe she isn't from modern day? I mean he told that they will go back in the future so she may could be from the '80s or '90s? I agree with you tho. 

On 24/4/2016 at 3:44 PM, Arkash said:

Question I'm wondering : will she make her debut in the Christmas Special or only in season 10 ?

I guess she'll have her first appearance in the special though : season 10 hasnt started filming and I doubt they'd have shot that small scene just for introducing the companion, so it's likely a extract from the Christmas Special and she's already in ! 

I agree. I believe that she will be in the Christmas special.

6 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Maybe she isn't from modern day? I mean he told that they will go back in the future so she may could be from the '80s or '90s?

That would be something. Still not exactly a huge departure from the new series template, though. I'd rather see a non-British companion from the 80s or 90s (no apostrophe - ie 1st century AD) or 31980s, or even better, not even from Earth. The 8th Doctor comics had a non-human companion who used a holographic disguise to fit in most of the time; that would work fine on TV. The classic series had plenty of more exotic companions - Susan, Vicki, Steven, Katarina, Jamie, Victoria, Zoe, Leela, K9, Romana, Adric, Nyssa, Turlough, Kamelion (sort of). And in the books, there's Benny, Chris and Roz, and Compassion. And of course there's Frobisher!

57 minutes ago, felice said:

I'd rather see a non-British companion from the 80s or 90s (no apostrophe - ie 1st century AD) or 31980s, or even better, not even from Earth.

I would loved to see this. I would also prefer, if the companion should had a human being, if the human companion would had been from the past so he or she would had been like :o seeing what had happened in the future.

Also what happened with the Doctor's hairs? http://txrdisblues.tumblr.com/post/143289124027/2017-needs-us

• 1 month later...

Continuing my tradition of posting news for the next season, here are some news for season 10 which I have found in http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk

Spoiler

1.Nardole is back for season 10.

2.Mark Gatiss returns as a writer for the new season.

3.MGatiss' episode might be a Sleep No More sequel

4.Season 10 will not have many two parters.

5.Four of the new season’s writers are going to be Steven Moffat, Frank Cottrell-Boyce, Sarah Dollard and Mike Bartlet

6.Bill will be from the present and she will have Donna’s vibes asking questions which no one has asked before.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I have not idea if this can be true but according to rumours Matt Smith may be the first Doctor who retuns as the Doctor after his regeneration. http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour-matt-smith-to-return-80817.htm

It seems plausible that they'd bring him back as a guest star along the lines of the Three/Five/Two/Day-of, which would obviously not be a first. Having him return full-time to play the 13th/14th/15th Doctor (depending on how you count the incarnations) seems vanishingly unlikely.

19 minutes ago, felice said:

It seems plausible that they'd bring him back as a guest star along the lines of the Three/Five/Two/Day-of, which would obviously not be a first. Having him return full-time to play the 13th/14th/15th Doctor (depending on how you count the incarnations) seems vanishingly unlikely.

I'd be happy for him to make guest appearances but even if it was plausible I don't think it would be a good idea to bring him back permanently. I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor but there are so many other good potential actors (or actresses) out there who could play the role that it would seem unimaginative.

On 11/7/2016 at 1:37 AM, felice said:

This is how I thought it could happen. However I would had been ok with bringing him back too.

On 11/7/2016 at 1:59 AM, williamjm said:

I'd be happy for him to make guest appearances but even if it was plausible I don't think it would be a good idea to bring him back permanently. I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor but there are so many other good potential actors (or actresses) out there who could play the role that it would seem unimaginative.

Agree. I think that when Peter Capaldi decide to leave, preferably after 3 more series, it would be the time for the Doctor's wish about being ginger to come true. 

They've clearly established it could happen, with him choosing the Roman guy's face and the Curator as an old version of Baker Doctor.  But you have to think Matt Smith would be pretty desperate to consider it. Why can't he just do the audioplays like everybody else?

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2016 at 5:07 AM, felice said:

So it appears the BBC are releasing a completely animated version of Power of the Daleks (all six episodes). This is unexpected.

I didn't knew it, thank you for that. It seems very interesting even if it isn't enought for 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess which Doctor has been voted best TV character of 21st century!

A survey to discover viewers’ favourite TV character of the 21st century so far was held by Digital Spy recently.

Nearly quarter of a million fans took part and the results are now in.

Coming in first place, with a huge 35,000 votes, is David Tennant’s Tenth Doctor.

The Doctor Who actor just beat Castiel from Supernatural (Misha Collins), who had 32,000 votes.

Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) from Sherlock took third place, with 13,000 votes.

The Top 5 was rounded out by Mads Mikkelsen’s Hannibal Lecter from Hannibal and Peter Dinklage’s Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.

Just behind them was Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Buffy Summers in sixth place – the highest female character.

11 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I can't said that I am surprised but I don't think that more popular is the same with the best. Tennant is definitely the most popular but undoubtedly not the best.

Archived