Captain America 3: Civil War -- Hang onto your Underoos

Bastard of Boston

Premiering here tonight. I'll keep the spoiler tags intact.

What I'm most curious about is something the reviews seem to disagree on. Some say that this is a Marvel movie with intellectual depth, others say it's mostly in the vein of Avengers fun. I'm obviously hoping for the former, but I usually end up disagreeing with those descriptions.

Or maybe start a spoiler thread and keep this one spoiler free (and maybe run longer than 400) to give spoiler free impressions and the ever important parent report. :) 

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm taking my boys. 

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Gonna watch tomorrow, Empire called it the best Marvel movie so far, so I've got my hopes raised pretty high right now.

I'm going in hoping for what Avengers 2 should have been. I'll be delighted if I come out of it as impressed as I was with Winter Soldier.

21 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Gonna watch tomorrow, Empire called it the best Marvel movie so far, so I've got my hopes raised pretty high right now.

OK.......slight change of plan, it's booked up at my local cinema.......and my next nearest......for the whole weekend. Shit. Only Star Wars has ever done that, wow.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Eh, 7/10 for me, felt they could have been sympathetic to Iron Man's POV.

Thought that's a bit spoilery, it's really not surprising that the movie would be favourable to the "freedom ra ra" side.

Oh I thought Tony had good reason for his choices, but it seemed like Cap was constantly given the moral high-ground by the narrative.

4 hours ago, Leap said:

I don't know about that, I thought Iron Man was more sympathetic than Cap at times. Depends on your perspective I suppose. 

Archived