Captain America 3: Civil War -- Hang onto your Underoos

Bastard of Boston

Yeah, that line better be in there.

Looks good. However, Bucky needs some help from Coulson or Nick Fury on how to hide better.

Yeah, it higlights their complicated friendship. Tony feels betrayed like that before by another person he considered a friend Obadiah Stone. It's different kind of friendship to those like Steve with Bucky, Natasha or Sam. It's an irony that Tony follows the rules (mainly because he created muderbot Ultron) and Steve after The Winter Soldier events doesn't believe in the system anymore. I love the set up leading towards this conflict where nobody is right or wrong. Still it's a bit follish on Tony's side to think that Steve would go against his best friend since childhood(basically putting it out like on emotional level Steve/Tony friendship vs Steve/Bucky)...especially after he knew what Hydra did to Bucky brainwashed , used him as a weapon. On the other hand Bucky did those crimes aincluding killing Tony's parents/dad and should be held accountable....Tony's got a reasons too. It's not like you've been brainwashed all of a sudden you're free from whatever you did during that period of time.

It's set a couple of years after Winter Soldier at least that's the word from Russos...so Bucky remained hidden for a good time, but maybe he started to hunt down Hydra officials and become a target+accords and some shady stuff might resurface making him a very wanted man and of course another incidient might occur that will be put on his head. Some bombing in whwt looks like congress or what. Setp up by Hydra.

Tony's got a reasons too. It's not like you've been brainwashed all of a sudden you're free from whatever you did during that period of time.

And yet they've all been cool hanging out with Black Widow for a decade now...

What? Is that even possible to put lines only in trailer and not the actual movie?

It's much more common that lines mean different things in the film to the trailer. As was mentioned F4 was full of repourposed lines (but this was probably due to the chaotic filming process.) But also consider from the Avengers trailer: 'We're not a team, we're a time bomb.' In the film it was lengthened to: 'I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb.' I much prefer the shorter version.

"He's my friend" "So was I" is immediately better writing for Tony than anything in the comic Civil War, so that's good.

They never actually felt like friends to me. They spent most of their time bickering or threatening to fight. Mutual respect they had, but friendship? Not sold. Stark and Banner? Friends. Cap and Falcon? Definitely friends. Cap and Stark? Teammates. Like the Jagger and Richards of superheroes. 

They never actually felt like friends to me. They spent most of their time bickering or threatening to fight. Mutual respect they had, but friendship? Not sold. Stark and Banner? Friends. Cap and Falcon? Definitely friends. Cap and Stark? Teammates. Like the Jagger and Richards of superheroes. 

Agreed.... they should have built up their friendship in AoU ... a few lines a dialogue would have done it.

I always felt like Civil War should be more of an Avengers scale movie, or series. Seems like too great and too encompassing a story than to just classify it as a "Captain America" movie.

It probably won't be a civil war and in reality a case of 6 heroes vs 6 heroes. I'm starting to wonder whether it's even going to be about superhero registration - it might just be those who want to take winter soldier into custody and those that don't.  I think it will be a better captain america film for that but maybe disappointing for comic geeks. It's not like Age of Ultron had anything in common with the comic except for the name and villain afterall. Winter soldier was a little closer to the original but still very much its own thing. I think the comic names are used mainly to get the ball rolling on hype/anticipation and it works.

I'd rather have a few scenes with heroes being rounded up though and on the run. Would be a great use of the TV characters but it's pretty clear that while they share the same world the films don't like to reflect the TV shows at all.

It probably won't be a civil war and in reality a case of 6 heroes vs 6 heroes. I'm starting to wonder whether it's even going to be about superhero registration - it might just be those who want to take winter soldier into custody and those that don't.  I think it will be a better captain america film for that but maybe disappointing for comic geeks. It's not like Age of Ultron had anything in common with the comic except for the name and villain afterall. Winter soldier was a little closer to the original but still very much its own thing. I think the comic names are used mainly to get the ball rolling on hype/anticipation and it works.

I'd rather have a few scenes with heroes being rounded up though and on the run. Would be a great use of the TV characters but it's pretty clear that while they share the same world the films don't like to reflect the TV shows at all.

I thought it was confirmed the 'Accords' were taking the place of registration?

Tony Stark is an emotionally crippled weirdo, so maybe that relationship, however much it didn't feel like friendship to you, was the closest thing he had.  

Yeah, I agree with this. Plus, bonds formed during battle tend to be pretty strong even if the people have little in common otherwise. Soldiers who are like brothers on the front may have trouble relating once they get back to the normal world.

It's very different from Civil War stoyline in the comics. Identities are well known to the audience since Tony revealed himself, Cap is known, Natasha etc.

Accords will be the political aspect of it, Bucky will be the emotional for Tony and Steve as well as a little bit of a political thing too. They can put him out there as one of the reasons for Accords besides Sokovia and other incidents that happened or will. People with powers like he posses must be controlled in order to achieve peace and stability. Thunderbolt Ross as the main guy for the goverment. Main guys in Civil War...Zemo pulling strings from the shadows. It's been speculated he might the one to put bombings on Bucky and even to reveal his identity. Making him number on target for people that deamands justice. He will be vastly different character from the comics. Without the mask, more of a political guy or leader like Pearce. The tone for this movis is like with Winter Soldier.

I guess Spidey will play the same role like in the comics.

Tony Stark is an emotionally crippled weirdo, so maybe that relationship, however much it didn't feel like friendship to you, was the closest thing he had.  

They should've concentrated more on Tony vs Steve rather than Tony with Bruce with the next move Civil War in my mind, but it's like Whedon never really cared that much. Many people criticized him and I guess with the way Winter Soldier was received in the eyes of critics and fans. It was no brainer for Marvel and Disney.

No they're right. Sokovia was the city at the end of the film.

Sokovia = made-up eastern european country. The one where the inhabitants were all upset and had their city picked up and used as an extinction level impact. It's probably supposed to be called "latveria" but they don't have the rights to FF yet.

Pretty sure the hulk Iron Man fight was in Johannesburg but they maybe didn't call it that? It's probably a good thing to have a hazy memory of AoU to be honest.

Archived