Captain America 3: Civil War -- Hang onto your Underoos

Bastard of Boston

• 3 weeks later...

New interview from Russo brothers about Civil War and among many other things talking about the way people interpretate certain relationships Steve/Natasha or Bucky/Steve. Tony's different role from the comics.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ZiWfNdc0uWKWh9hEjaZmidcuajo1gqE7ozOZRMFxo8/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Sokovia = made-up eastern european country. The one where the inhabitants were all upset and had their city picked up and used as an extinction level impact. It's probably supposed to be called "latveria" but they don't have the rights to FF yet.

Pretty sure the hulk Iron Man fight was in Johannesburg but they maybe didn't call it that? It's probably a good thing to have a hazy memory of AoU to be honest.

It was a fun movie, but nothing like it should have been. The worst part is the title, don't call something "the age of bla bla bla" if it will last 2 weeks maximum. 

That's always annoyed me. 

It was a fun movie, but nothing like it should have been. The worst part is the title, don't call something "the age of bla bla bla" if it will last 2 weeks maximum. 

That's always annoyed me. 

In that case you are going to hate the "Civil War" that constitutes less than ten people fighting. 

In that case you are going to hate the "Civil War" that constitutes less than ten people fighting. 

You can have a war between a couple people, but an "age of something" is supposed to be a long time. Ultron really did not last long at all. 

You can have a war between a couple people, but an "age of something" is supposed to be a long time. Ultron really did not last long at all. 

Calling 4 people fighting 3 a war is hyperbole. By that logic you could have a few weeks be considered an "age", just a very short age. 

Wait, so this isn't a movie about Captain America traveling back in time to preserve the union and end slavery? 

That would be a great story.

Almost as good as Batman and Abraham Lincoln fighting a steampunk John Wilkes Booth.

• 1 month later...

I hope they do a decent job of explaining why the teams are the way they are and not just "we'd thought it'd be dramatic for HAwkeye vs Black Widow/ we wanted a woman on each team"

They also really want to imply that WarMachine is going to die in this one

1 minute ago, red snow said:

They also really want to imply that WarMachine is going to die in this one

Yeah they are.  Wondering if Tony is responsible and that is what causes him to finally hang the suit up, which will allow Marvel to shelf Iron Man for a while.

Just now, Fiddler said:

Yeah they are.  Wondering if Tony is responsible and that is what causes him to finally hang the suit up, which will allow Marvel to shelf Iron Man for a while.

I was wondering if it would be more a case of Winter Soldier has a relapse and kills War Machine? Then everyone would be polarised regarding him.

21 minutes ago, red snow said:

I was wondering if it would be more a case of Winter Soldier has a relapse and kills War Machine? Then everyone would be polarised regarding him.

whoops, for some reason when I watched the trailer last night I thought War Machine was on Captain's side.  Rewatched the trailer and saw that I was wrong, lol.

Looking forward to finding out though.  Hopefully they don't reveal to much more in trailers.

Saw the trailer yesterday and want to see this more now.

Captain America goes back in time to save Americans from being slaughtered by invaders! Oh crap, he killed the pilgrams! Now he was never born. Never has have had been born.

Archived