Wedding Bells in Winds of Winter?

Shadow Cat 75

Only the High Septon or a council of the Faith can grant an annulment.

And as long as she's wanted for regicide Sansa does not want to just go to the local septon and inquire about getting her marriage to a convicted kinslayer and kingslayer annulled.

Yes but what I'm saying is that I doubt everyone in Westeros actually goes all the way to KL every time they want an annulment. And if the lords of the Vale and LF want Sansa to get married they'll probably just do it. It's not like the high septon is going to send the faith militant up to the Vale in the middle of winter.

Also they could just say that Tyrion is dead (which is what most people must think), so therefore Sansa is a widow and free to marry again.

I can totally see LF showing up in KL with Tysha in tow to present as evidence that Sansa and Tyrion's marriage doesn't count. Where do whores go, after all? LF's back pocket for use later.

I'd still like to see Arianne as Queen of Dorne, not married to Aegon and reduced to little more than a political pawn. And Aegon doesn't need to marry Arianne to have Dorne at his back, so long as they believe he is real. Aegon courting Sansa makes more sense.

I hope Jon doesn't end up with Val. I think this pairing has been really romanticized, but it makes no logical sense and seems more in the line of Robb and Jeyne rather than Jon being smart about things. That assumes R+L=J becomes an important point for the larger Westeros. If it doesn't, feel free, Jon. Stop the Others and then live a little. If his parentage is important for the purposes of ruling Westeros then it isn't at all a good match for him. I actually think Jon & Margery would be awesome together, but that is largely show-based more than anything.

I think for TWoW, the most likely wedding is RW2. Bring it.

Just some gut feeling/hunches about weddings:

- If there is a RW2 it happens in 6 and not 7.

-A big wedding occurs if it moves the plot forward, kills characters, resolves story lines, etc. Meaning, it will serve

multiple purposes, we see true motivations, in general, it will accomplish a lot and move things forward.

-Maybe a few not so big ones, or we hear about them as house alliance things off page. But engagements can serve the same purpose.

-Somehow the whole Sansa marriage thing gets resolved. That whole Tyrion thing gets revealed, sorted out, or whatever. I would like to see a true marriage or true love for her. That is fine if she gets that and no wedding on paper. Maybe an epilogue thing after the fact, or it is implied she will be with someone or whatever. I see that in 7 though.

-Marg. Eh, another one…don't know how I feel about that.

- Dany, I am 50/50.

I think Arya is going to marry Ramsay Bolton…or rather, force him to accept her as his lady after she finds out about the sham marriage. It will start out as a calculated maneuver to sabotage the Boltons and establish a claim on their holdings, but Arya and Ramsay will find they have much in common and fall in love.

I still say Sansa will end up with Sandor Clegane.

I like Sandor as a character, but I'm frankly creeped out by that match.

Sandor is about 20 year older than her and the only time we've seen him demonstrate some libido, it was toward a 12 year old girl.

This does not give me good vibes.

You must really hate Arya.

Nah, I just think Ramsay would make a good match for her and he already is kind of married to her as long as she doesn't contest it. If the Stark line doesn't die out, I think it will survive by merging with the Boltons.

Nah, I just think Ramsay would make a good match for her and he already is kind of married to her as long as she doesn't contest it. If the Stark line doesn't die out, I think it will survive by merging with the Boltons.

Ramsay would not be a good match for anyone!

There is a leaked picture from the show of littlefinger in kings landing,since sansa and littlefinger's story line already passed the books,he will go to king's landing in season 5 and twow to convince the faith to annul sansa and tyrion's marrige.

Littlefinger (book or show) would have to be incredibly stupid to try and get the marriage annulled himself. I am curious as to why he will be in Kingslanding for some of season 5 though.

Yes but what I'm saying is that I doubt everyone in Westeros actually goes all the way to KL every time they want an annulment. And if the lords of the Vale and LF want Sansa to get married they'll probably just do it. It's not like the high septon is going to send the faith militant up to the Vale in the middle of winter.

Also they could just say that Tyrion is dead (which is what most people must think), so therefore Sansa is a widow and free to marry again.

I understand that but you seem to be missing the point that going to the local septon in the Vale about it is still dangerous for Sansa. We don't know how many members are required for a Council of the Faith, or where they would be from. If there aren't enough people who are appropriately qualified for a Council of the Faith currently in the Vale, they will either have to wait until spring or send for more staff. The latter means more people learn about Sansa's whereabouts.

There is no benefit in allowing an illegal marriage to take place. It would be challenged later on, and runs the risk of destroying Sansa's reputation, as well as any children born to the union being declared bastards. It is nowhere near as simple as the Lords of the Vale doing what they want. Sansa is only useful as a rallying point if she is considered above reproach, and LF is not going to risk losing that angle.

It's not the middle of winter, it's the beginning. And we really don't know what this High Septon will do. He arrested two queens, one of whom was regent. I don't think he'll balk at the weather.

No, they can't just say Tyrion is dead. There is likely a law about how long someone has been missing before he can be declared legally dead.

I like Sandor as a character, but I'm frankly creeped out by that match.

Sandor is about 20 year older than her and the only time we've seen him demonstrate some libido, it was toward a 12 year old girl.

This does not give me good vibes.

He is not that old, and by Westeros standards she was totally fair game.

Cheer up. Their characters will undergo so many changes it's possible that by the end he'll reject her.

one inspection from Septas' and Sansa will be revealed as a virgin and the marriage to Tyrion is annulled but, there is one catch, Sansa is wanted for regicide along with Tyrion on Joffrey's death. The only way she can get out of both the marriage and the charges is if there is a regime change and that means King Aegon VI, he gets Sansa if he wants her or more importantly the support of the Vale and that is controlled by Littlefinger. Littlefinger will attach his wagon to the house with the most power any time. That will be Aegon and Targaryen. Sansa will be married to Aegon Vi.

He is not that old, and by Westeros standards she was totally fair game.

Cheer up. Their characters will undergo so many changes it's possible that by the end he'll reject her.

By Westeros standards, going after girls younger than 16 is seen as creepy. See the conversation in the Mercy chapter where Arya seduces Raff the Sweetling. See also how there was concern that Daenerys might be too young for Drogo to find attractive, but they were reassured that Drogo is into young girls...because most guys aren't.

Sansa was what, 13, 14 at the most at that point? Definitely on the creepy side even by local standards. Most nobles in marriages of convenience with girls that young wait until they are older to consummate unless there is a really urgent need to produce an heir quickly. Hell, Tyrion found Sansa attractive (entirely believable, there are plenty of girls that age who look considerably more mature) but protested when asked to consummate it because Tyrion, as messed up as he is, is not into having sex with children. I have to keep telling myself all the people on this board who are totally down with that are teenagers themselves and just don't have the maturity yet to understand what's wrong with that.

By Westeros standards, going after girls younger than 16 is seen as creepy. See the conversation in the Mercy chapter where Arya seduces Raff the Sweetling. See also how there was concern that Daenerys might be too young for Drogo to find attractive, but they were reassured that Drogo is into young girls...because most guys aren't.

Sansa was what, 13, 14 at the most at that point? Definitely on the creepy side even by local standards. Most nobles in marriages of convenience with girls that young wait until they are older to consummate unless there is a really urgent need to produce an heir quickly. Hell, Tyrion found Sansa attractive (entirely believable, there are plenty of girls that age who look considerably more mature) but protested when asked to consummate it because Tyrion, as messed up as he is, is not into having sex with children. I have to keep telling myself all the people on this board who are totally down with that are teenagers themselves and just don't have the maturity yet to understand what's wrong with that.

But Sandor didn't "go after" Sansa. He could have an attractive woman if he wanted one. It's Sansa's character and personality that make her special to him. She's not like the fake people he's used to. It gives him hope. The attraction is not truly physical. That is why I'm ok with it. He never makes a move on her. If he had, I would probably dislike him.

The part about Dany is about body development more than age. Yeah, Drogo being into young girls is yucky.

I'm not suggesting that Sandor and Sansa should have any kind of relationship before she's an adult. That WOULD be creepy and wrong.

one inspection from Septas' and Sansa will be revealed as a virgin and the marriage to Tyrion is annulled but, there is one catch, Sansa is wanted for regicide along with Tyrion on Joffrey's death. The only way she can get out of both the marriage and the charges is if there is a regime change and that means King Aegon VI, he gets Sansa if he wants her or more importantly the support of the Vale and that is controlled by Littlefinger. Littlefinger will attach his wagon to the house with the most power any time. That will be Aegon and Targaryen. Sansa will be married to Aegon Vi.

That's what I'm thinking. At the very least I think that is LF's real plan (the one he hasn't told anyone about).

I think we'll see a Trial of Seven for Sansa though. As much as Aegon will be charmed by her, he won't be able to stop the High Sparrow's insistence on following through with the regicide trial. One thing I will say about that guy: he may be glad Joffrey is gone, but he will still prosecute those accused of killing the little bastard.

Naw. Willas needs to save himself for Asha. What a couple they would make!

They totally would, considering Willas is said to be quite similar to Asha's favorite nuncle. Another good match for Asha would be Aurane Waters, since he's practically an Ironborn already. I mean, he did pay the Iron Price for those drommonds

Archived