New Casting Revealed

Westeros

My main problem with Missandei/Grey Worm - apart from the obvious subpar writing - is the fact that it just came out of nowhere, and the scenes were pretty much in isolation from the rest of the plot. There was no sense of a building romance between them except in scenes specifically designed to show that there was a building romance between them.

My main problem with Missandei/Grey Worm - apart from the obvious subpar writing - is the fact that it just came out of nowhere, and the scenes were pretty much in isolation from the rest of the plot. There was no sense of a building romance between them except in scenes specifically designed to show that there was a building romance between them.

To be honest, it smelled like a pathetic attempt to calm down the accusations of racism the show has been hit with. Many took the season 3 ending with a white, blond woman in the middle of non-white people as an example of white superiority. Dany's storyline has also been accused of whitewashing since they cut out Brown Ben. So they decided to come up with this silly love story between the black actors around this controversial character.

Ramsey will claim winter fell by conquest-fake arya is not needed, abel therefore not needed theon escapes winter fell the same way and meets stannis.

I won't like it, but i see it going this way.

Only if D&D have gone mad, and also want to destroy the storyline of their favorite character (Theon).

The size of the books.... The amount of content written about all the intertwining stories and how the plots overlap and loop back around... How on EARTH do you expect them to compress all that detail into 70 hours of TV? I think anyone expecting Manderley or Dustin in the upcoming seasons is dreaming. Their positions in the book is to carry out Robb's wishes in his will to install Jon as heir. It is a fantastic plot but requires so much time to explore the details and could only be done in a book. Seeing as we didn't hear anything of Robb's will at all in the show (despite the copious amount of screen time he got, no less), there's no need to introduce all the characters it concerns.

Jon needs only to be told by Bran that he needs to be the Stark in Winterfell for that plot to be completely compressed to a couple of minutes. But of course, that would likely be Season 6 anyway, or perhaps a big "twist" at the end of S5.

I don't see Stoneheart ever making an appearance, and as such I don't see Jon being killed by his brothers (they didn't do Cat's resurrection, they won't do Jon's) because it means they can avoid wasting time on killing and bringing him back and just have his parentage revealed in some other way. There's many avenues they can go down to compress things, and I don't blame them. The show has to be entertaining. Trying to explain the Grand Northern Conspiracy to a TV audience would take an entire episode, or at least half of one, or they can just completely avoid it.

I don't particularly mind. I understand they have to pick their plots and how to unravel them in a timely manner. They don't make these decisions lightly, but they have to be made. I don't think they should be hated on for it. I think they should be applauded for bringing the characters to life.

I for one am looking forward to the show turning further and further from the book. Because the last season will be done long before the last book and I don't want them spoiling everything for me.

The size of the books.... The amount of content written about all the intertwining stories and how the plots overlap and loop back around... How on EARTH do you expect them to compress all that detail into 70 hours of TV? I think anyone expecting Manderley or Dustin in the upcoming seasons is dreaming. Their positions in the book is to carry out Robb's wishes in his will to install Jon as heir. It is a fantastic plot but requires so much time to explore the details and could only be done in a book. Seeing as we didn't hear anything of Robb's will at all in the show (despite the copious amount of screen time he got, no less), there's no need to introduce all the characters it concerns.

Jon needs only to be told by Bran that he needs to be the Stark in Winterfell for that plot to be completely compressed to a couple of minutes. But of course, that would likely be Season 6 anyway, or perhaps a big "twist" at the end of S5.

I don't see Stoneheart ever making an appearance, and as such I don't see Jon being killed by his brothers (they didn't do Cat's resurrection, they won't do Jon's) because it means they can avoid wasting time on killing and bringing him back and just have his parentage revealed in some other way. There's many avenues they can go down to compress things, and I don't blame them. The show has to be entertaining. Trying to explain the Grand Northern Conspiracy to a TV audience would take an entire episode, or at least half of one, or they can just completely avoid it.

I don't particularly mind. I understand they have to pick their plots and how to unravel them in a timely manner. They don't make these decisions lightly, but they have to be made. I don't think they should be hated on for it. I think they should be applauded for bringing the characters to life.

I for one am looking forward to the show turning further and further from the book. Because the last season will be done long before the last book and I don't want them spoiling everything for me.

Perhaps you are right. But if they did have Lady Dustin, I think the actress who played Mrs. O'Brien in "Downton Abbey" would be excellent.

I get why people think there will be no Lady Stoneheart. But then, just who are Podrick Payne and Brienne going to meet on their road trip together? What will even happen to them if there is no Lady Stoneheart? just wandering around?

About the resurrection: I'm guessing that Stoneheart won't make an appearance but I'm also guessing that they didn't show Beric's resurrection just for the fun of it. Viewers know that people on the show can be resurrected under certain circumstances (= get a Red Priest) so they won't be very surprised if, say, Jon is being stabbed by his brothers and brought back by Melisandre.

They need to add griff and team and euron. What are they doing? If they don't have enough time they simply need to add more seasons... It's not like they aren't getting boat loads of money from the show.

I forgot about that plot with grey worm and missandei. Some lack wit reporter from the NYTIMES probably gave them flack about it in season 3 probably and they threw it in there to appease some editor from the New York Times. How depressing that a truly great show has gone from the first season to this. There is nothing to even say.

I don't see Jon being killed by his brothers

Serious? I thought this would be end of episode 509, leave you hanging until season 6 for sure.

If you notice with the show it follows a pattern

Odd seasons build to big dramatic death in penultimate ep (Ned, Robb) and fantistic Dany event in final ep (dragon birth, Mysha)

Even seasons build to big battle in penultimate ep (blackwater, the wall) and darkly magical event in final ep (white walker reveal, Arya pulling a Zelda Windwaker on the way to Bravos)

Season 5 will follow the odd season pattern. I'm almost certain Jon will die at the end of 509 and Draznaks pit will be the finale.

To be honest, it smelled like a pathetic attempt to calm down the accusations of racism the show has been hit with. Many took the season 3 ending with a white, blond woman in the middle of non-white people as an example of white superiority. Dany's storyline has also been accused of whitewashing since they cut out Brown Ben. So they decided to come up with this silly love story between the black actors around this controversial character.

Agree.

Interesting observation. It was tacked on. No build-up. No meaningful connection. Look at Robb and Talisa. Amputation scene, she sasses him, he gapes. She writes a letter, more sassy nurse talk. More sassy nurse talk. Mom walks up. Walking and talking about other people mostly. More sassy nurse talk, long monologue about other people mostly, then sex. Marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a pleasant surprise: the Hollywood Reporter reveals that Adewal Akinnuoye-Agbaje (known to fans of television from his roles as Adebisi on Oz and Mr. Eko on Lost) has joined the cast of Game of Thrones. The role? It’s described as such:

‘... a character not in the books with the name “Malko.”’

We’re guessing he has something to do with Meereen. Akinnuoye-Agbaje’s roles as Adebisi and Eko were very memorable, and hopefully this role will give him some room to leave a mark with his presence.

Visit the Site!

lol

Removing characters we care about to bring in people we don't care about

Coul;d be wrong, he could end up playing a nice part, depends if they are deferring some subplots around YG until S6 and fleshing out the Mereen Yezzan subplot in S5

I wish Patchface was casted but he won't :frown5:

I think the show is largely avoiding the cruelty to fools/disabled people aspect of the books.

I'm worried we won't see

Tyrion taken into slavery and made a fool of on TV, which was most of his ADwD arc.

Archived