Ranking the seasons

Dragon in the North

Okay, is it just me or it's always the current season that everyone hates? So many people were also whining about season 4, 3 and 2 when it was actual...

However, one thing is certain; season 1 cannot be topped.

For consistent storytelling, season 1 won't be beat in GoT.

Season 2 and 3 both had moments (storytelling and acting) that well surpassed season 1.

Kissed by Fire (Season 3 Ep 5) remains probably the best storytelling episode overall, without the OMG Twitter moments. From the BwB and sword fight between Beric and The Hound, to the Jon/Ygritte cave scene, to the amazing bath scene with Brienne and Jaime, to Tywin laying the law down to both Tyrion and Cersei about who they would marry, etc.

Okay, is it just me or it's always the current season that everyone hates? So many people were also whining about season 4, 3 and 2 when it was actual...

For consistent storytelling, season 1 won't be beat in GoT.

Season 2 and 3 both had moments (storytelling and acting) that well surpassed season 1.

Kissed by Fire (Season 3 Ep 5) remains probably the best storytelling episode overall, without the OMG Twitter moments. From the BwB and sword fight between Beric and The Hound, to the Jon/Ygritte cave scene, to the amazing bath scene with Brienne and Jaime, to Tywin laying the law down to both Tyrion and Cersei about who they would marry, etc.

It pains me to see that this forum is full of immature passionate haters... I wonder why you even bother to watch TV series... A compulsive need for hatred I suppose. In my opinion, there isn't a single episode that should be rated lower than 6. And if you haven't noticed, Elio never rated any episode lower than 6. Yes, he is a harsh critic (maybe too harsh in my opinion) but apparently, he is not a hater (I really despised him before but now after I've seen this forum in the true light, I actually appreciate him) And don't forget the fact that without this TV series, the books would have never been so well-known as they are today.

So my ratings:

Number 5: Season 2

Number 4: Season 1

Number 3: Season 5

Number 2: Season 3

Number 1: Season 4

I'm not quite sure about season 1 and 5. I've decided to rank season 5 higher because it was more entertaining for me to watch.

My top 10 episodes:
1.Blackwater

2.Hardhome

3.Watchers At The Wall

4.The Children

5.The Rains Of Castamere

6.The Mountain and the Viper

7.Mother's Mercy

8.The Laws of Gods and Men

9.The Lion and the Rose

10.Baelor/Two Swords/ Kissed by Fire - not so sure about that....

My 5 least favorite episodes:
1.The Night Lands

2.The Prince of Winterfell

3.The Ghost of Harrenhal

4.Breaker of Chains

5.Oathkeeper

If anyone wants me to explain the reasons for my ratings, leave a DECENT comment below.

Season 1 - Very good narrative, all the story lines were connected and nearly all the original scenes were contributed to the plot and/or help with the characterisation. The negatives about this season is the budget and I also think the pilot should have been 90 minutes.

Season 3 - Unlike the previous season, they didn't try fit in every subplot into every episode (loved the approach of having the A-plots in Ep 1 and the B-plots in Ep 2), the Theon scenes were just too much and it also had some dumb filler but in the end, the good outweighed the bad.

Season 4 - Had the best opening 2 episodes, the KL narrative was well suited for this season, the storyline in the North was also good (minus the raid of the Dreadfort), The battle of the Wall should've been moved up to somewhere in the middle of the season, The Dany scenes were really dragged out (I think her scenes in Two Swords should've been combined with those in Breaker of Chains; Oathkeeper with First of His Name; Mockingbird with The Mountain and the Viper) and there should have been more small council scenes.

Season 2 - This was a very uneven season, Stannis takes over Renly's army in 5 episodes and then spends the next 4 slowly sailing to KL while LF goes from KL to the Stormlands (to The Reach?) to the Riverlands back to KL in the same time? What was the point to Qarth? The butchery of Cat became more apparent and Bran as acting lord of Winterfell felt like filler.

Season 5 - well shit.

Not me. I thought every season was better than the last until the show took a sharp nosedive this year.

Ahhh, the off Season... A time for Rankings.

Ranking The Seasons:

Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 5 > Season 3 > Season 2.

Ranking Season 5 Episodes:

1- Hardhome

2- Mother's Mercy

3- The Dance of Dragons

4- The Gift

5- High Sparrow

6- Kill The Boy

7- Sons of the Harpy

8- The House of Black and White

9- The Wars To Come

10- Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Top 10 episodes ever: