(Spoilers) Once Upon a Time (the Third)

Howdyphillip

Wauw, Emma is going nuts I think. She needs to watch her temper. The world is by the way getting upside down. Regina stopping Emma?

I also thaught for a while Rumple was the one who told Lily about everything. I would be amazed by his master planning? But it was the apprentice? Rumple is again being opportunist and using other people's actions in hope they would help his plan.

I am actually starting to wonder if he himself knows the reason why Emma has to turn dark. Nobody else then him knew the reason why she should. I am starting to think it is one of his puzzle pieces of his predictions.

"Okay, I see I see To change the book the Saviour has to be turned to the Darkness. Lets do that" If that become true, Rumple must really face slap himself.

While last week, I was starting to lose (a little) almost unconditional hope in Rumple, the doubt left my today. How he again chose to let Belle free to save her, is really sad and beautiful.

It was actually in one way really "funny"

Belle: "What are you doing her?" Well, Belle, it is still his home.

"Are you working together?" (Why would Rumple work together with Will? Would Rumple not kill him?

Will always stepping away from Rumple and Belle not.

Well, I would be lying if I don't want Belle to hit Regina (for herself) and Zelena (for Rumple).

Does this mean btw Regina really stole Belle's heart? And Mal, why are you siding with those heroes who only hurt your daughter? Emma was the one who killed Cruella. Rumple just created .... the opportunity.

And Zelena is really a sexual predator. Pregnant, really Robin. Robin? What are you doing?

Tonight was definitely a solid episode, possibly a bright spot so far for the back half of the season.

I really loved the Elsa storyline in the first half of the season, but have had a lot of trouble with this one. Ursula abruptly exiting, yet another Snow and Charming fairyback, and the idiotic backstory of the Author. To be honest I feel like casting Patrick Fischler is somehow too on the nose.

Lily already had shown great powers... of transformation: from a Latino girl with black eyes, to a white woman with lighter eyes. And her mother is blonde, and is unclear if she even has a father. It must be her dragon blood.

Lily already had shown great powers... of transformation: from a Latino girl with black eyes, to a white woman with lighter eyes. And her mother is blonde, and is unclear if she even has a father. It must be her dragon blood.

She's a Targaryen :o

I don't like Lily...There's something about her I don't like,I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's because Maleficent is so awesome and she's so...meh.

I hate Zelena soooo much,please somebody kill this spawn of evil.

Really liked last episode !

First time Jennifer Morisson convinced me at playing a more tormented / darkened version of Emma ! Kuddos to her !

Looking forward to more of her dynamics with Lily at the present time !

She's a Targaryen :o

I don't like Lily...There's something about her I don't like,I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's because Maleficent is so awesome and she's so...meh.

I hate Zelena soooo much,please somebody kill this spawn of evil.

Maybe because Lily is evil? Poor Lils. I actually like her. If I had to vote between her and Emma, I would vote for her but that is of course my own opinion.

Zelena is actually the most evil one of them all. She and Cruella are IMO actually the two largest sociopaths of OUAT (Or are they psychopaths? I actually don't know the difference)

If I had to vote between her and Emma, I would vote for her but that is of course my own opinion.

You know (not that you'd care about my opinion but this is a forum and it's made for that)... I'm rarely the one to "root" for the obvious heroes but I must confess I really dig Emma and Jennifer's take of her (unpopular opinion among the legions of Regina fans).

You know (not that you'd care about my opinion but this is a forum and it's made for that)... I'm rarely the one to "root" for the obvious heroes but I must confess I really dig Emma and Jennifer's take of her (unpopular opinion among the legions of Regina fans).

Like I said, it was my opinion ;-) I sincerely believe everyone's opinion has the same worth.

I don't know why but somehow I never liked Emma. I tried, but I failed. And it is not because I dislike JM, because I actually loved her in House. So? I think it is just something personal because I think al lot of OUAT fans actually like her.

I live Emma however more than parents. Because I think they are the worst hypocrites on the show. (Ignoring Zelena for a minute)

While Rumple can be a POS, he at least know he made a lot of bad mistakes. The problem with Rumple is the following. While he knows his decisions are wrong, his next actions are not good either. He doesn't really learn.

(And the problem with me is that I like Rumple too much :blushing: or maybe I like Robert Carlyle too much. If he was played by an other actor, I would like him much less. But I like those sneaking bastards with a bleeding/darkening always on the tv/books)

And Lily. While I am actually very sure I love

I got so mad after last episode that I couldn't even discuss it sooner. First of all, because they've gone beyond the limit of all soap-opera cliches and just condensed them in one contrived mess - crazy, vindictive sister who comes back from the dead, pretends to be someone else and in this case literally steals her sister's boyfriend wasn't enough, she also had to rape him and get pregnant with his child (or claim to be so - really hoping it's a lie, because I don't know how they can carry this storyline for long). It's just disgusting. Second, I'm mad because it's like Regina has to be continually tested in her commitment to be good beyond all rationality (since every time she's good something terrible happens to her and the people she loves, why should she insist on trying? That's the question the show fails to answer), whereas other characters easily get their happy endings after doing some other terrible things and not even trying to atone for them. I know Lana Parrilla is their best actress and the emotional center of this show, but if they insist on putting one character through hell while everyone else just has to deal with minor problems, the whole thing stops making any sense. Finally, I got mad because now I just want Zelena to go back to the land of the dead and never return again! Honestly, there's simply no way she can be redeemed after this, unless she sacrifices herself against the next baddie of the week.

Anyway, the rest of the episode was okay. Adult Lily and Emma don't have the same chemistry as their teenage versions, but I'm still hoping Lily might stay on the show and become Emma's TL, even though I know that will never happen. It was nice to see Regina be the one to stop Emma from going too far - character growth, everyone. But JMo still can't convince me as dark Emma - I tend to think she's very competent at action sequences and humor, but drama and romance are areas that reveal her acting limits.

There's something seriously wrong with the Apprentice. I mean, what kind of person would ever approach a very troubled teenager and tell her that everything bad that happened in her life is someone else's fault, that she's not actually guilty of anything, that fate is just screwing with her? In what world does that have a good outcome? Also, their talk in the bus - very creepy scene.

But this whole episode was so messed up that in the most dramatic moment of it (the reveals at Neal's apartment - and how absurd is it that his murderer has been living there for nine weeks?) I couldn't help but laugh at Lily's and Emma's faces, watching everything like it was a live soap-opera or something. Really, rewatch that scene and pay attention to their faces instead - hilarious! :rofl:

While last week, I was starting to lose (a little) almost unconditional hope in Rumple, the doubt left my today. How he again chose to let Belle free to save her, is really sad and beautiful.

Pretty sure he was just manipulating her, in typical Rumple style. And typical Belle, she easily fell for it.

I mean, he could just as easily have gotten rid of Will with no one finding out about it, but what he did, pretending he only had Belle's best interests at heart, only wanted to see her happy? Easiest way to begin to get her trust back.

Also, I'm choosing to believe Belle did agree to help Regina in the other episode, but Regina made her forget even that to protect her from any backlash. Plausible deniability or whatever.

Come on, she doesn't have a father - she has two mothers! Seriously, she even looked like Regina as a teen, both Latinas and all that. Then she grew up and became white and tall like her other mother. I think Ned Stark would approve of this logic. :cool4:

AARGG! MY POSTS KEEP GETTING LOST AND I AM REALLY GETTING TIRED OF HOW THIS BOARD FAILS TO WORK FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK BETWEEN GOT EPISODES!!!

OK, rant over, let's see if this will post. So, overall I thought this was a good episode and I am enjoying the second half of the season much more than the first half with the Frozen plotline (that honestly felt like they just came up with something quickly to capitalize on the popularity of Frozen without caring about if the story really made sense). But yeah the ending was quite disturbing and Zelena is one sick individual. I watch this show with my daughters and I'm starting to question that especially with my 16 year old as these things are not going over head, though it does for my younger daughter. Although, even my older daughter thinks I am some sort of genius for calling that Zelena is pregnant before she actually said it. I saw that one coming from a mile away and it was pretty much confirmed for me when Robin was all like, "I can't go with you" to Regina. I said out loud that Zelena's pregnant and when she in fact said that a minute later my 16 year old was amazed at me. :-) Well, it's nice to be respected in my teenager's eyes but I had to burst her bubble by explaining that this is all a formula and the pregnancy, be it real or fake, is one of the oldest tricks in the book. But put in this context with Robin having no idea who Zelena truly was, was very creepy. The actress playing Zelena is doing a great job of looking completely insane.

(And despite its problems, it's nice to be able to discuss this show and follow along with something rational as opposed to the big mess that Game of Thrones has become.)

So, please forgive me for asking what is probably obvious, but I'm not the most attentive of viewers...

Anyway, I am not quite caught up so this question is from an older episode (though I don't care about spoilers). It's to do with Maleficent, as I've just started the Queens of Darkness arc. I want to get it clear what happened so far. In Season 1, she was a dragon under the library, eventually slain by Emma. But then, in Season 2 she was still..."existing" as a sort of wraith, and Regina pushed Hook down to her to distract her. So at what point did she completely "die" and need to be reanimated? Did Hook "kill" her by using nTamara's zapper? Or what? I'm so confused!

Also, as a little side question, does it get explained why Cruella and Ursula were outside of Storybrook? edit: nvm, answered in the next ep...

I assumed it was because she is carrying Robin's child so she has already "won". She just wants to ruin things for Regina and nothing else matters. Or so I interpreted it anyway.

I haven't watched the last episode because half of it was taken over by a severe weather report. I hope it doesn't happen again this Sunday, though the weather in my area does tend to have a 7-day pattern, lol.

I've been debating if I should wait for it to become available on Hulu free, or buy from Amazon.

Ok, I am caught up; surprised none of the regulars have commented yet, what with a 2 hour season finale.

I'll keep it brief:

I was disappointed in the alternate reality. When Isaac said that villains get to win and heroes lose, I expected to see the likes of Rumple winning as villains. Instead it was just a reversal of roles. And Rumple's armor was stupid.

However, I did like the end of the finale, especially the scene with Rumple and Belle. And I guess I should have seen it coming that Emma would turn into Venom The Dark One.

I laughed at the reveal that The Sorcerer = Merlin.

This makes it pretty clear that Lily's dad is King Arthur; his last name is Pendragon, hello! Too bad Lancelot is dead, I think. He would have been the connection to that realm.

Does this mean Disney is prepping for an Arthurian movie?

I'm kinda confused on how much influence Isaac really had on the whole real story. Since he only became the author in 1966, but centuries passed in the EF for some of the characters, how much did he affect? I guess he affected Maleficent's life and the Charmings. Oh well, it's one of those things.

I am glad Henry got to do important stuff, and he put to use some of the stuff he learned from the adults: sword fighting (sort of), sailing (sort of), etc. And he did go Harry Potter there and destroyed the most powerful quill in existence.

And last, but not least, lol at the Star Wars reference. That was well done. Disney, never shying away from Easter eggs. I expect "I have a bad feeling about this" next season.

Ok, I am caught up; surprised none of the regulars have commented yet, what with a 2 hour season finale.

I'll keep it brief:

I think I started to comment but I forgot to post it or something like that. Silly me.

I was disappointed in the alternate reality. When Isaac said that villains get to win and heroes lose, I expected to see the likes of Rumple winning as villains. Instead it was just a reversal of roles. And Rumple's armor was stupid.

I must disagree. I am not really disappointed (but I am not really wow, everything was amazing) ... I loved Hook. I think Rumple/Author had a lot of fun, when he made him. And to be honest the lives they got, were not really that bad. The person who had it really bad, was Emma and Charming (and Snow?).

I think Rumple his happy ending was actually quite sad: he wants to be loved/admired as a hero by everyone. In all those years as a DO, what he wants did not change. When he was talking about what he would do with the power in Desperate Souls: saving everyone of the orges, ... was the same what he did gave himself (plus Belle and baby of course).

He wants the feeling he deserved to be loved and like always he manipulated the situation so he would get that love.

I also liked how Zelena still started to turn green. It shows how she actually always has been a jealous bitch and she really has nothing in here past which can "justify?" the past.

However, I did like the end of the finale, especially the scene with Rumple and Belle. And I guess I should have seen it coming that Emma would turn into Venom The Dark One.

LOL Venom. I did me think of inkt. If you knew the spoilers of the finale, you would be certain she would become the DO. I however did not. I would love to see how Emma will react to that change, how Rumple would change, ... As a Rumple fan (it has been really difficult this year) I hope he would not need to be a lot of time under that spell)

I laughed at the reveal that The Sorcerer = Merlin.

This makes it pretty clear that Lily's dad is King Arthur; his last name is Pendragon, hello! Too bad Lancelot is dead, I think. He would have been the connection to that realm.

Does this mean Disney is prepping for an Arthurian movie?

Nice. I did not thought of that, but it is quite possible. Probably the Arthur would be kind of a jerk. (Now I am thinking of Arthur in "Merlin" of BBC, who was really arrogant in the beginning). It can also be maybe Uther, ... Still amazed by your thinking :bowdown:

I'm kinda confused on how much influence Isaac really had on the whole real story. Since he only became the author in 1966, but centuries passed in the EF for some of the characters, how much did he affect? I guess he affected Maleficent's life and the Charmings. Oh well, it's one of those things.

We will maybe know in time.

I am glad Henry got to do important stuff, and he put to use some of the stuff he learned from the adults: sword fighting (sort of), sailing (sort of), etc. And he did go Harry Potter there and destroyed the most powerful quill in existence.

And last, but not least, lol at the Star Wars reference. That was well done. Disney, never shying away from Easter eggs. I expect "I have a bad feeling about this" next season.

Lets say I dont know enough of Star Wars to know what the reference was

Hey it was easy to watch this week! They should make a whole season of finale episodes, then it'd be better like this every week.

--spoiler--

It looked right when they showed "Emma Swan" written on the knife of darkness. Her name has a Dark One ring to it.

Isn't it disrespectful to England to do the Merlin & Arthur stuff so soon after the BBC did their cheesy take on it? It's like Disney is saying the Brits weren't good enough and let us show you how cheese is supposed to be served up. I hope prince Charles doesn't become confused as a result of these multiple renditions of the same Arthurian legend. Anyways, it was kind of a thrill to hear they'll be bringing out the big gun fairy tale next year. And wouldn't it be awesome if Stiltskin stayed dead for a few episodes?

I liked the quicker pace. That's been the missing quality of fairy tales from this series: by the time you go to sleep listening to one, you expect to have heard something major get resolved, or at the very least you expect to hear the big cliff hanger concluded on the second night of bedtime stories. This show has been dragging on for a season before it finally brings closure. They should knit more mini-length victories into the season saga fabric.

Hey it was easy to watch this week! They should make a whole season of finale episodes, then it'd be better like this every week.

--spoiler--

It looked right when they showed "Emma Swan" written on the knife of darkness. Her name has a Dark One ring to it.

Isn't it disrespectful to England to do the Merlin & Arthur stuff so soon after the BBC did their cheesy take on it? It's like Disney is saying the Brits weren't good enough and let us show you how cheese is supposed to be served up. I hope prince Charles doesn't become confused as a result of these multiple renditions of the same Arthurian legend. Anyways, it was kind of a thrill to hear they'll be bringing out the big gun fairy tale next year. And wouldn't it be awesome if Stiltskin stayed dead for a few episodes?

The Arthurian legends are re-used a millions time. I think each year writers, television, ... refer, use, ... it a lot it. So it is not really disrespectful. To be honest, not only the English, Welsh used to tell the legends about him, but also the French, ... in the ME. I actually loved Merlin ;-) It was one of the series whose humor was in my opinion extraordinary and it was a refreshing new take on the legend. But I must agree, the special effects were not really very good. I think it has a great progress from light season to a very dark season

I liked the quicker pace. That's been the missing quality of fairy tales from this series: by the time you go to sleep listening to one, you expect to have heard something major get resolved, or at the very least you expect to hear the big cliff hanger concluded on the second night of bedtime stories. This show has been dragging on for a season before it finally brings closure. They should knit more mini-length victories into the season saga fabric.

Archived