(Spoilers) Once Upon a Time (the Third)

Howdyphillip

A bed time story, that's a nice, accurate way to describe it. :cheers:

Okay, last night's episode.

Better than the previous one, of course (I'm starting to think there's a trend this season to make odd episodes better than the even ones), but Emma has annoyed me so much lately that I wasn't even able to feel for her as much as I normally would. But nice backstory, and of course the Snow Queen would be Emma's foster parent, since who isn't somewhat related to her on this show? Emma seemed more like herself than she had in a while, and nice of the show to acknowledge that, you know, she really shouldn't have gotten over her first love's death in less than two weeks... But yay to the first episode without a Frozen flashback!

Regina feels will be the death of me. Her general frustration at not being able to succeed in a mission that, failing or not, can only hurt her even more than she already is, the isolation she put herself in, her looking at a picture of the good old days (like, three weeks before) with Robin, her look of despairing acceptance at yet another betrayal... all of that, along with Lana's acting, just left me like this :crying: And, dammit, OUAT! Why did they have to cut her talk with Snow in the last episode and then put a few seconds of that scene in the recap?! It's like they actually want us to be frustrated at their editing decisions.

But this show, I swear... They couldn't have gotten Sean Maguire and Lana Parrilla to take a picture while dressed as their characters that looked genuine, instead of just taking a screencap? I'm now forced to assume that, in OUAT world, you can use magic to have a picture made from your memories.

Nice to see Regina and Emma finally try to work on their issues, though the best thing about those scenes will always be Regina throwing some hurtful truths at her, and the look of annoyed reluctance when she admitted she didn't want to kill Emma. :bowdown:

I wonder if we'll still see Sidney around now. The Snow Queen doesn't seem to have much use to him, and Regina these days is unlikely to go after him for revenge. I can only see him showing up again if it is to go after Regina, maybe spilling her secrets to someone in an unfortunate moment?

Snow's smug satisfaction over her unfounded conclusion is way too adorable. No wonder Regina calls them "the two idiots". But the inclusion of Will Scarlet, just like Elsa tagging along with Emma everywhere she goes, still feels incredibly random and forced.

Now, the Snow Queen. It's funny, she looked like she'd be the first villain on this show (well, since Peter Pan, at least) that it would be close to impossible to sympathize with, but then she drops that she just wants a family that loves her. :eek: Wondering how that mirror fits into that, and how the writers intend to screw with Regina this time.

I really enjoyed this episode. SO MUCH REGINA.

Wow the lesbian subtext was strong in this episode and the more I see Hook and Emma together as a 'couple' the more obvious it is that he just doesn't suit her. Am starting to really see where the Outlaw Queen ship comes from now...

I really like Elizabeth Mitchell's portrayal and anyone notice how kick ass all the Snow Queen music was this ep??? Some really awesome magic this episode too. I particularly enjoyed the Snow Queen at the very beginning making that snow person. And emma and regina's magic working together.

something I AM getting tired of is Snow White losing more and more brain cells each episode. She used to be one of my FAVES. Remember when we were first introduced to her?? She was AWESOME. That said shes just had a baby and its understandable she wants everything to go right this time.

So...who do you reckon the girl with the cross is gonna turn out to be??? She will probably be back.

Wow the lesbian subtext was strong in this episode and the more I see Hook and Emma together as a 'couple' the more obvious it is that he just doesn't suit her. Am starting to really see where the Outlaw Queen ship comes from now...

I really like Elizabeth Mitchell's portrayal and anyone notice how kick ass all the Snow Queen music was this ep??? Some really awesome magic this episode too. I particularly enjoyed the Snow Queen at the very beginning making that snow person. And emma and regina's magic working together.

something I AM getting tired of is Snow White losing more and more brain cells each episode. She used to be one of my FAVES. Remember when we were first introduced to her?? She was AWESOME. That said shes just had a baby and its understandable she wants everything to go right this time.

So...who do you reckon the girl with the cross is gonna turn out to be??? She will probably be back.

The music really was good.

:agree:

And I also agree the girl will probably show up again. From what I could see of the reactions so far, people really liked her and many are already shipping her and Emma (raise your hand if you're hoping she turns out to be Emma's TL! o/), they're not missing that opportunity. Plus,

the episode itself planted a seed there that could mean something later: Lily said she was adopted. If she wasn't lying, that can be used as a way to bring her back, maybe even revealing another connection to the Enchanted Forest or some other realm, because when does this show ever not do that? And it would be an excuse to take her to Storybrooke. And, I mean, isn't her name actually Lilith? That can't be just a random name.

I saw a really cool theory about a possible show off between the snow queen and rumple because

rumple wants to steal everyones magic and the snow queen wants a family who will love her and not be scared of her so shes possibly collecting the magic users for this purpose

Which i thought was kinda cool.

Liked that episode, especially the way Juliet let Gus go, keeping up her end of the bargain. She's turning out to be rather a good villain. And I enjoyed the Lily-Emma flashback story too, plus Emma's pursuit of Regina in the present.

I watched Funny Games (1997) by Michael Haneke a couple of nights ago, so when Lily suggested camping out in a holiday house by a lake, my reaction of terror and foreboding was probably not what the show was going for.

Ok episode. It had some ups and downs.

ups

the girl with a star,made me interested to find out more. Btw when she showed up in that supermarket I was sure she's young Regina and two have been bffs in their past but SQ made them forget it like she made Elsa and Emma forget that they know her.

Knave of Hearts getting pardoned...made me laugh,I like that guy :) I'm still more interested in his story and what happened with Wonderland,Alice,Ana and rest of the gang.

Emma giving Regina piece of her mind and getting trough to her. Go Emma.

Two of them doing something together was cool.

Mirror growing a spine. he was getting pathetic.

downs

SQ only wants family that loves her...wow what a new and fresh approach never ever mentioned before in OUAT nor in OUATIW. brilliant.

No operation Mongoose. I want to know who made the book.

Elsa falling for all the oldest tricks in the book.

Emma saving the tape for so long but not watching it. CMON!!! Where was the tape when she was in prison,where was the tape when she was in NY w/out all the Storybrook memories and everyone else was in enchanted forest...and she never ever ever watched it in like 15+ years but she was dragging it around when homeless and on the run...COME ON !!!

Not to bring up old news, but

Is anyone else wondering what happened to Mulan? I was a bit shocked but so I intrigued that they revealed her crush on Princess Aurora (cause you know, it's disney after all) and was excited they pushed the line...

Until they plunked her down with a group of dudes never to be heard from again. You know, because she's just "one of the guys" now.

I want to sed the EF more. I'm not such a big fan of the SQ I guess.

OK, so wtf. Belle knew about the box which is the Sorcerer's Hat, but she doesn't know Rumple has it. This box was in the honeymoon house where Belle and Rumple went in episode 1. I just re-watched those scenes to make sure I got it right. Belle found the house, and when the two of them walk in, the box is on the table in the middle of the room. Now Belle, by excitingly declaring that every room has a view to the ocean, lets us know that she had explored the house before their visit. Furthermore, when Rumple notices the box, Belle asks him what's wrong to which he replies that "Whom ever owns this house has interesting tastes." Belle does not appear in the shot, so we can't say for certain if she actually saw it, but are you telling me that between her previous exploration of the house, and she looking at Rumple who was staring at the box, she did not catch even a glimpse of the box? This is some fine line storytelling.

An alright episode. Nice to get some Belle backstory, but I kind of hate that she turned out to be responsible for becoming Rumple's slave. I thought for a moment we would actually learn that she had a dark past, but no such luck. Oh well. :dunno:

The Snow Queen's story and motivation have managed to greatly diminish my interest on her, though Elizabeth Mitchell is still doing a great job with what she's being given. I'm barely curious about who Helga, the lost sister, is related to in the Enchanted Forest, because, come on, we all know that's likely, even the episode makes fun of that. Am I supposed to feel sympathetic about the very random and forced ultimate importance and connection of Emma and Elsa in this plot? Not happening, sorry. And the SQ doesn't look like an Ingrid to me.

This first half season of OUAT is just... dull. There are a few good character moments, only when either Robert Carlyle or Lana Parrilla are onscreen, but it's not enough, when most of the time everyone looks like they're just walking around in circles while they wait for the Arendelle people to get their s*** together. How about, instead of that, they show us what Rumple truly intends to do with the hat? Belle finally confronting him about how he treats her, learning about the dagger, and all that (though that's, thankfully, on the way)? Regina learning about what really happened to Zelena? Regina confronting all the fears that a lifetime being manipulated by others left in her? Emma having more than a shallow emotional response to what happened to two men she loved in such a short period of time? Henry suffering the effects that growing up in such messed up circumstances would have on a teenage boy? Snow and Charming going beyond the parenting stereotypes on their relationship with Emma? :bang:

Congratulations, OUAT, for managing to make me annoyed at Frozen. At least there's still hope for the second half of the season...

OK, so wtf. Belle knew about the box which is the Sorcerer's Hat, but she doesn't know Rumple has it. This box was in the honeymoon house where Belle and Rumple went in episode 1. I just re-watched those scenes to make sure I got it right. Belle found the house, and when the two of them walk in, the box is on the table in the middle of the room. Now Belle, by excitingly declaring that every room has a view to the ocean, lets us know that she had explored the house before their visit. Furthermore, when Rumple notices the box, Belle asks him what's wrong to which he replies that "Whom ever owns this house has interesting tastes." Belle does not appear in the shot, so we can't say for certain if she actually saw it, but are you telling me that between her previous exploration of the house, and she looking at Rumple who was staring at the box, she did not catch even a glimpse of the box? This is some fine line storytelling.

The only way to enjoy this show is just going with the nonsense and pretending the storylines make sense, honestly.

Is anyone else wondering what happened to Mulan? I was a bit shocked but so I intrigued that they revealed her crush on Princess Aurora (cause you know, it's disney after all) and was excited they pushed the line...

Until they plunked her down with a group of dudes never to be heard from again. You know, because she's just "one of the guys" now.

Until they say otherwise, I'm assuming Mulan is living happily in Storybrooke, marveling at the progress our world made at accepting other sexual orientations, and probably even getting herself a girlfriend, or having an affair with Aurora, the character who's been pregnant for over a year.

I do hope she shows up again. The problem with long running TV shows and guest actors (supporting cast? whatever the correct title is) is that they're not always available. I thought she'd be around now that Believe was cancelled, but imdb tells me she might be a bit busy working on movies at the moment. But, honestly, what makes me even more annoyed, as a Regina fan, is that we're probably not seeing Jefferson again (remember the sexual tension between those two? I do wish we could see them in further flashbacks), since Sebastian Stan is a star now, and, even worse, Tinkerbell should be around for the Regina/Robin story, for obvious reasons, but the actress is in iZombie so that's not happening for a while.

Now that was the most contrived,the most lame and the most generic evil plan ever. she want's to what,raise her dead sisters in Elsa and Emma? Freeze Elsa,Emma and herself in SB because they look like her lost sisters? And the mirror works how,they all turn on each other,what they fight to death or something? It's so bad it might almost make 180 turn and become goo...yeah no,that's not happening. Emma finding the drawings made me think for a second she's the one who made the book...maybe. So the frozen corpse is Anna. Ok it was logical. I wish they made more effort to explain how things (hat and box and mirror) work than just giving us two short vague sentences. Ai....Knave come back make some sense please.

Now that was the most contrived,the most lame and the most generic evil plan ever. she want's to what,raise her dead sisters in Elsa and Emma? Freeze Elsa,Emma and herself in SB because they look like her lost sisters? And the mirror works how,they all turn on each other,what they fight to death or something? It's so bad it might almost make 180 turn and become goo...yeah no,that's not happening. Emma finding the drawings made me think for a second she's the one who made the book...maybe. So the frozen corpse is Anna. Ok it was logical. I wish they made more effort to explain how things (hat and box and mirror) work than just giving us two short vague sentences. Ai....Knave come back make some sense please.

In the original Snow Queen tale, the mirror reflected only the worst in people and twisted it to make it even worse, completely burying anything that's good. So when the SQ weaponizes the mirror's power, everybody will start seeing only the bad in themselves and each other, resulting in conflict.

Archived