(Spoilers) Once Upon a Time (the Third)

Howdyphillip

Solid episode, certainly much better than the last double one. The Frozen stuff is finally over! :bowdown: And good, they had an acceptable explanation to those background events. I think it sucks that Ingrid was introduced as part of the Frozen plot and the Team Blondes silliness; she might have been one of the best villains this show has ever had otherwise. But great acting on Liz Mitchell's part, nuanced, real.

I'm currently more curious about the Sorcerer's apprentice than anything. Too shady. Sometimes I'm under the impression that he's actually the Sorcerer himself, but even if he isn't, he has an agenda the Dumbledore level of unexpected.

So tired of Emma, Hook, and Elsa. I fast-forwarded through most of their scenes. And no, I'm not satisfied with the random and very forced explanation on Team Blondes.

Rumplestiltskin is just... what the hell is going on with him? I mean, he's always been a bastard who loves power and the safety it gives him, but this is ridiculous, even the way Carlisle is acting it's like he's a completely different character at times. He's still brilliant, of course, but a different character. But oh, I cheered when he did his thing with Hook! His oldest friend indeed! :rofl: I'm hoping to see Hook die soon. I mean,

the producers teased that they might kill one of the main characters this season (which probably means the main cast - hopefully not Will Scarlet though), so to have Hook die in order for Rumple's story - and, consequently, everyone else's - to move beyond the limitations his dagger imposes, that looks like an excellent reason to me. Besides, there's only so much they can do with Emma's arc around him; it's not an accident that he hasn't been confirmed as her TL yet, or that she never bothered calling him or listening to his messages...

But Regina and Robin! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Finally! :wub:

They're just too adorable! Parrilla's and Maguire's chemistry, just... :drool: And I love their acting choices, how they sort of look like they're always gravitating towards each other, even when they're standing it's like they're always leaning toward the other all the while trying to stop themselves from doing so.

I love how Robin immediately takes action to make sure Regina will have her happy ending, right after learning about the book. And his teaming up with Will is anything but disappointing. Now, I don't think the book quest is over; Operation Mongoose is Regina's and Henry's thing, and it simply won't be solved that easily. I doubt it was even enough to reassure Regina about her relationship with Robin for good. And the missing page, I doubt Robin got to the right conclusion - I think the fact that it appeared rumpled and old is confirmation that they actually did meet in the past, she walked into the pub, but someone (a certain Rumple, most likely) erased their memories of it.

I loved all the Regina/Snow scenes; that is a relationship that hasn't been getting enough screentime this season! The Regina/Henry moment was cute, too, and I'm taking his frustration over not having magic (how the kid changed!) as confirmation that he will be going dark soon.

• The Sorcerer now really intrigues me. I wonder if he has anything to do with the magical story book. This episode almost convinced me that the Apprentice is, in fact, the Sorcerer, but considering how easily Rumple trapped the Apprentice, I doubt it.

I love how we generally got to the same conclusions after watching this ep :cheers:

I wish Emma had gone into the hat too. Oh well. :dunno:

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the theory about Apprentice = Sorcerer, though. The things he said to Ingrid at their last encounter, he seems to be able to see the future (or the futures?). If that is the case, he might have let Rumple trap him, or maybe he just can't resist the magic from his own hat.

I'm still inclined to thinking it's Regina who wrote (will write?) the book, though.

I guess this theory is out the window. I still think urn is the location of a secret kingdom of Liliputian-like beings.

Works for me.

Apparently the introduction of the Frozen storyline has seen a large increase in ratings. Not sure if they have been consistently higher over the course of the show so far. But it was obviously a successful ride on the fad wave.

And though I haven't hated the season so far. I admit I'll be glad when this part of the story is done.

All the ways the story has been tied up so far I can buy. There have been times when story connections in this show required suspension of disbelief and a large dash of blind faith. In this episode(s) it pretty much works without any trying on my part.

I was waiting for Belle to step out of the back room. When Hook was in the store on the phone.

Rumple seemed less than pleased that Belle is the Charmings on call babysitter.

I'm finding it hard to reconcile why Rumple is currently on his diabolical course. Ultimate power or whatever, is a hard motivation to forgive. Separation from the dagger is a little understandable. Especially considering Belle had the "Dagger" and in no time at all, used it to control him. But that motive still has a butt load of suspicion attached to it.

When his motives were to be able to protect his son and then to get to his son. I might have disliked his action and choices but

I could empathise with his reasoning. And forgiveness was easier to find for him.

Now it feels like we are getting a dose of a Villain that we can comfortably say goodbye to.

It would be an amusing twist of fate that all this happened because of the love he had for his child. Only to wind up missing the life of his next child. Never getting to be the father he wanted to be or the one he wanted for himself. Because he could never make the right choice. Only ever the selfish choice.

• 2 weeks later...

And so we have had the purple smoke monster. The green smoke monster. And now the sparkling twilight smoke monster.

There were some things that I loved in this episode. Some things that I really disliked. And some things that frustrated and annoyed me.

Finally the reunion. I like the dynamic these two actresses have as sisters.

As much as I like the actor that plays Kristoff. His relationship with Anna comes off as best buds more than people in love.

I realise that Anna and Kristoff defrosted 30 years later. So maybe the palace was deserted except for their frozen bodies.

But really does Arendelle not have any security, army, navy, guards... Anything.. Who are loyal to the Royals of their land. Sure the Queen to be and the Princess have a huge castle, servants, subjects. Trade deals from other regions. Magical memory altering rock trolls. But Anna and Elsa have to sneak around their own castle. Because the Snow Queen might have spies. Elsa and Kristoff have to try to stop Hans. And then later Hans and his brothers stroll in and just claim Arendelle. I realise it's probably not as simple as that. But still.

Regina's fond farewells were really nice. I like seeing this with Regina. Lana has this dazzling inner light. That just ignites during moments of feeling joy, happiness and love. It's something special to behold. I love it more than her Evil Strut. And her evil strut is pretty magnificent.

But what is with her sealing Henry and then herself in with her magic. Like she isn't going to just undo it the moment the shattered sight spell hits. Surely Regina is smarter than that. She can't be trapped by her own magic. Was she thinking that as long as she doesn't see anyone else she won't be compelled to leave her little self locked cave?

I loved that Emma noticed something was off about Hooks farewell kiss. I was hoping that would happen.

But the position Hook finds himself in right now. He got there in the most useless, convoluted, annoying way possible.

Trying to blackmail Rumple for one night with Emma and both his hands.

And what the actual F^($ is up with Rumple. I'm not going to say it's out of character. But it's a version of his character that I thought we had gotten past.

Rumple makes a bargain for himself, Belle and Henry. I guess it would be just as off to me if he didn't include Henry. But I'm wondering how he thought Henry would go along with him without Emma and Regina.

Does the wishing star have only one wish in it?

And did nobody see that message in the bottle? Because I have been wondering where it has been and what is the message. I was disappointed when it showed up but I still didn't get to find out what it said.

Not a bad episode.

The Frozen thing was still the worst part of it, of course, but at least now we won't have any more of those flashbacks. Anna is still the only good thing to come of it, of course. :bowdown: That necklace, though, how convenient. I'll be honest, when Anna mentioned a wishing star I thought she was talking about the Blue Fairy, but not realizing it lol

Ah, how I missed Blackbeard! THAT is the Captain Hook we deserved, not Captain Guyliner. Seriously, I'm so pissed off at Rumple for not just killing that bastard ow that he has the chance. Unless he's saving it for once the spell hits and, even if he's not affected, he has an excuse for his actions, of course. I know, I know, there's no way they're killing the teenagers' favorite, but a girl can dream, right?

The Regina/Snow interactions were the best thing about the episode. I wish the show came back to being pretty much all centered on their relationship... Oh well. At least they remember it every once in a while. Regina/Robin and Regina/Henry were also great; Parrilla was killing me with how perfectly she portrayed Regina's fear of how the Evil Queen would ruin all the happiness she finally got.

I'd be enjoying this evil Rumple a lot more if there was an actual purpose to it, other than the writers pretending they didn't mess up when they killed Neal and trying to make Guyliner good and Emma less foolish in comparison to the other male villain and his love interest.

Rumple and his hatred for the fairies was the best :cheers:

That moment when the curse hit them, everyone's face when that happened... beautiful.

Now, was I seeing things, are they messing with us, or was there someone in a red cloak a lot like Marian's watching Robin and Regina as they kissed? But then Robin mentioned her being locked away, so I assume she's still frozen and that was just one of the Merry Men passing in front of the camera. :bang:

Okay, do we start the guessing game, how the spell will be broken?

Let's see...

1. true love, because we haven't had enough of that
  2. Emma and Elsa and their super duper special connection save everyone's ass in another very contrived way
  3. the Snow Queen realizes her new sisters hate her way too much and cuts her wrists, thus ending all her curses
  4. or the Evil Queen kills her, because how can we not have had any one-on-ones between them when they are Lana Parrilla and Elizabeth Mitchell????
  5. another underwhelming deus ex machina, possibly melodramatic as hell for no actual reason at all

A combination of 2 and 5 is the most likely, but I really wish it could be 4... :box:

Really looking forward to Evil Queen vs Snow White next episode! :bowdown:

I realise that Anna and Kristoff defrosted 30 years later. So maybe the palace was deserted except for their frozen bodies.

But really does Arendelle not have any security, army, navy, guards... Anything.. Who are loyal to the Royals of their land. Sure the Queen to be and the Princess have a huge castle, servants, subjects. Trade deals from other regions. Magical memory altering rock trolls. But Anna and Elsa have to sneak around their own castle. Because the Snow Queen might have spies. Elsa and Kristoff have to try to stop Hans. And then later Hans and his brothers stroll in and just claim Arendelle. I realise it's probably not as simple as that. But still.

(...)

But what is with her sealing Henry and then herself in with her magic. Like she isn't going to just undo it the moment the shattered sight spell hits. Surely Regina is smarter than that. She can't be trapped by her own magic. Was she thinking that as long as she doesn't see anyone else she won't be compelled to leave her little self locked cave?

(...)

Does the wishing star have only one wish in it?

And did nobody see that message in the bottle? Because I have been wondering where it has been and what is the message. I was disappointed when it showed up but I still didn't get to find out what it said.

That didn't make any sense for me either! They made sure we knew everything from Frozen was transplanted exactly as it happened in the movie, only adding some things here and there. I might be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure everyone in Arendelle became aware of the things Hans had done, and so there's no way he would have managed to make himself king again. Or that his older brothers would just accept to follow him as their leader. Just :bang:

As they were frozen for 30 years, my guess is that happened because of Regina's curse, not the Snow Queen, so everyone was frozen with them. But the SQ froze them years before Regina's curse hit, so, yeah, technically, they would all have been frozen for at least five years before those 30, which doesn't make any sense, as Arendelle would have been left without any royalty, unless the entire kingdom was frozen? And this is where I stop trying to make sense of OUAT. But, really, they messed up; there was no need to include that line about it being 30 years, as the Wishing Star rescued them back in time anyway (since Blackbeard had the Jolly Roger then).

On Regina sealing herself and Henry in... I KNOW! I'm so tired of all these characters not acting logically. I mean, they're under stress and have little time to think things through, but you'd still expect more from them. The one explanation I can come up with for Regina's actions is that she sealed them in using light magic, and she wouldn't be able to use that as the Evil Queen, so she thought her protection spell would hold? I'm willing to forgive any absurd scenes where Parrilla was acting so brilliantly, though. :bowdown:

Good point about the message in the bottle. My guess is that will be the next deus ex machina. Oh, oh, I know! Maybe, o her last moments alive, Elsa's mom actually wrote down a lesson about the power of love and her regret over how she locked her own sister in that urn and forgot about her for decades, and how Elsa and Anna should go to that cave and free her. Then Ingrid will read that, and, surprise surprise, she will thaw the town and undo the shattered sight thing. :dunno:

You're both wrong cause

Emma will realize how wishing star works and she or Elsa or Anna will wish the curse away. That will happen only after we have episode or so of everyone going berserk on everyone else. Best part of the ep cold looks the Charmings gave each other when curse hit them. I thought Regina made some sort of a spell that can only be undone either if you heart is true or if you're not under any spells or curses,otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever. Rumple makes no sense too. Like Arry said, what is the point. He was never like this, not even in the first season cause all we saw him do was for getting his son back. This is just stupid.

Btw Blackbeard, huge disappointment. Instead of this cool pirate we get pathetic con artist who specializes in pit pocketing, lame. And this one has eyeliner too :P

Btw something tells me hook will find the bottle, who else will have the urge to go to the sea? Him or Will maybe. Others are sealed or in the city.

Nobody brought any food with them, do they think the curse will last 2 hours, last one lasted for about 28 years.

I thought Arondale melted cause Elsa got out of the bottle maybe.

Btw Blackbeard, huge disappointment. Instead of this cool pirate we get pathetic con artist who specializes in pit pocketing, lame. And this one has eyeliner too :P

Btw something tells me hook will find the bottle, who else will have the urge to go to the sea? Him or Will maybe. Others are sealed or in the city.

Nobody brought any food with them, do they think the curse will last 2 hours, last one lasted for about 28 years.

But Blackbeard wears a wig and a red coat, much more dignified :P

But Hook and Will will also be affected by the curse. So even if they find it, why would they help Emma? And we don't know for sure that Will is staying in the woods (I mean, the smart thing for the Merry Men to do would be to get as far away from each other and their weapons as possible).

Also, from next episode's promo,

Hook is going after Henry in the Mayor's office, for some reason, so not in the woods either. I don't know who will find the bottle, but I still think my theory makes sense.

And nobody brought any food when they locked themselves in because Emma is so amazingly special that of course things will be settled in just a half hour or something :bang:

But Hook and Will will also be affected by the curse. So even if they find it, why would they help Emma? And we don't know for sure that Will is staying in the woods (I mean, the smart thing for the Merry Men to do would be to get as far away from each other and their weapons as possible).

Hook is going after Henry in the Mayor's office, for some reason, so not in the woods either. I don't know who will find the bottle, but I still think my theory makes sense.

And nobody brought any food when they locked themselves in because Emma is so amazingly special that of course things will be settled in just a half hour or something :bang:

In the case of Snow and Charming it was probably a good idea they didn't bring any food. It's way too easy to throw food through those bars, and I can see them starting a food fight like a bunch of monkeys. :P

Now I like Regina as much as all of you, I think, but this episode made me realize that she's been out of her game this season. With all her cunning and experience, she didn't see any of this coming. Maybe if she had spent a little less time mooning over Robin, this whole thing could have been prevented.

I "loved" how the writers just threw the 30 year gap in there, just so they could bring the convoluted timelines together at the opportune moment. I am confused about Blackbeard, though. Wasn't he dead? Because everything is in the present, that means Hook gave the Jolly Roger to Blackbeard, in return for something to get him to Emma. So...

All to make him look even more cartoonish :P

I don't think he would do anything to help,I just think he might pass the information or will take the bottle and try to get wishing star for himself to help himself and that's how they'll learn about it. Or the most likely Emma will figure it out without the bottle cause she had that line "it's almost like you wished for it" wow emma,you don't say.

The food thing occurred to me too.Not even a sandwich or two...or maybe some diapers for the baby...just saying.

I don't think he would do anything to help,I just think he might pass the information or will take the bottle and try to get wishing star for himself to help himself and that's how they'll learn about it. Or the most likely Emma will figure it out without the bottle cause she had that line "it's almost like you wished for it" wow emma,you don't say.

But they don't need a note to know what the wishing star does, they have Anna, who will be just as unaffected as they are, and she knows about it. No, the note is more likely something melodramatic than an actually useful piece of information :dunno:

I "loved" how the writers just threw the 30 year gap in there, just so they could bring the convoluted timelines together at the opportune moment. I am confused about Blackbeard, though. Wasn't he dead? Because everything is in the present, that means Hook gave the Jolly Roger to Blackbeard, in return for something to get him to Emma. So...

That makes sense. But why did I think Blackbeard was dead?

But they don't need a note to know what the wishing star does, they have Anna, who will be just as unaffected as they are, and she knows about it. No, the note is more likely something melodramatic than an actually useful piece of information :dunno:

They don't need a lot of stuff to figure a lot of stuff and yet it takes them season or so to do it. I don't think the note will be important either,my main theory is Emma will figure it out but then that close up of the bottle was just stupid. They think their audience is that stupid they wouldn't figure the necklace is a wishing star so they had to mention it like five times,they had to show it AND they throw in the close up for all those who didn't get previous 3347484 hints. Ugh

Now I like Regina as much as all of you, I think, but this episode made me realize that she's been out of her game this season. With all her cunning and experience, she didn't see any of this coming. Maybe if she had spent a little less time mooning over Robin, this whole thing could have been prevented.

Well, if Regina was actively involved in this whole thing, it would never have gotten this far (for instance, if they had called the woman who can conjure fireballs the moment an ice wall started to appear...). The writers needed to get her and Rumple out of the way, since they're the only ones who actually get things done in that town. With Rumple, they had to make him super evil to justify his not taking advantage of their desperation to strike a bargain here and there. With Regina, we had this. I think the initial intention was more to show her depressed for never being allowed a happy ending than sad over not getting Robin, but they did a terrible job of that and this is what we got. :bang:

They don't need a lot of stuff to figure a lot of stuff and yet it takes them season or so to do it. I don't think the note will be important either,my main theory is Emma will figure it out but then that close up of the bottle was just stupid. They think their audience is that stupid they wouldn't figure the necklace is a wishing star so they had to mention it like five times,they had to show it AND they throw in the close up for all those who didn't get previous 3347484 hints. Ugh

What should we be calling Elsa and Emma? The two blonde idiots? :cool4:

The Frozen arc is almost over! YAAAAAAAAY!!!! :cheers: :bowdown: :grouphug: :commie:

So, I was right about what the

deus ex machina was. I didn't really expect Ingrid to die, but the way that happened made sense, and if that was the necessary excuse for taking the Frozen crowd back to Arendelle, hey, I'm all for it! (though it could have just as well been, idk, that the kingdom needs a ruler???) I'll confess I enjoyed how they found the bottle, as random as that might have been. One thing I hated? They did waste the amazing opportunity of countless scenes between Elizabeth Mitchell and Lana Parrilla, Oh, OUAT, you never learn. But hey, Regina saved the day, by sending Anna and Kristoff to the beach instead of killing them, so she defeated the Snow Queen, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Liz Mitchell was brilliant, both in the flashbacks (her reactions to the charlatan lol) and her final scene. But such a wasted character, with that nonsense plot of getting new sisters (????) and how poorly written she was. This whole half-season feels like a waste, actually. There has been no character development for the core cast, except perhaps for Regina, probably no lasting changes that will matter in the long run, and some characters have actually devolved for who knows why, like Rumple and Emma. But it's over, and 4B will be amazing.

I loved how Regina's first concern both when affect and rid of the shattered sight spell was the Evil Cleavage :devil:

But all her scenes were delightful, and how completely different current Regina is from the Evil Queen at her darkest only made everything even more hilarious! Her fight against Snow, though, lol :rofl: And you have to love how Regina is always thrown against cars, tower clocks, glass doors, etc, and there's never a scratch. But Regina's and the Charmings' reaction when the spell is broken, I bet there wasn't any acting involved there, they just filmed the actors' reactions to that insanity. But I was disappointed that this wasn't in the episode. =)

So, yeah, that was the most fun I had watching OUAT in a long time. Yet, other than how generally ridiculous it all was and some great acting, particularly from Mitchell, Parrilla, and Goodwin, the episode was terrible. Hook acting like he is a hero now and not simply a horny selfish criminal who feels entitled to women and happy endings is beyond annoying. This whole thing about Rumple suddenly wanting to rule the world and how little sense it makes that there would be magic now outside of Storybrooke just because he is separated from his dagger makes me angry. I don't know if Robert Carlyle wants to move on to better projects or why exactly they're doing this, but it doesn't make any sense. If the idea is to "Gollumify" Rumplestiltskin, there are better ways to do that. And I still believe the most reasonable next step for the character would be attempting to bring his son back from the dead. Hey, if Zelena could break one of magic's rule, why couldn't the Dark One break another, or at least feel like he could do it? :bang:

And the shattered sight thing would have been such an amazing opportunity for characters to truly discuss some real issues they have with each other (like Snow tricking Regina into killing Cora, for example), it's a pity they played it for laughs. Well, at least we're getting rid of the Arendelle crew, and Emma will hopefully stop behaving like a teenager and become once again the character we all loved in season one. And hopefully 4B will give Regina the screentime she deserves.

Now I'm only wondering what happened to Marian. Was she unfrozen, after Ingrid's death? And why the hell did they bother freezing her in the first place?

Anyway, something for the lols

Maleficent, Cruella and Ursula next week! :bowdown:

And they look fabulous! :drool:

The Frozen arc is almost over! YAAAAAAAAY!!!! :cheers: :bowdown: :grouphug: :commie:

So, I was right about what the

deus ex machina was. I didn't really expect Ingrid to die, but the way that happened made sense, and if that was the necessary excuse for taking the Frozen crowd back to Arendelle, hey, I'm all for it! (though it could have just as well been, idk, that the kingdom needs a ruler???) I'll confess I enjoyed how they found the bottle, as random as that might have been. One thing I hated? They did waste the amazing opportunity of countless scenes between Elizabeth Mitchell and Lana Parrilla, Oh, OUAT, you never learn. But hey, Regina saved the day, by sending Anna and Kristoff to the beach instead of killing them, so she defeated the Snow Queen, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Liz Mitchell was brilliant, both in the flashbacks (her reactions to the charlatan lol) and her final scene. But such a wasted character, with that nonsense plot of getting new sisters (????) and how poorly written she was. This whole half-season feels like a waste, actually. There has been no character development for the core cast, except perhaps for Regina, probably no lasting changes that will matter in the long run, and some characters have actually devolved for who knows why, like Rumple and Emma. But it's over, and 4B will be amazing.

I loved how Regina's first concern both when affect and rid of the shattered sight spell was the Evil Cleavage :devil:

But all her scenes were delightful, and how completely different current Regina is from the Evil Queen at her darkest only made everything even more hilarious! Her fight against Snow, though, lol :rofl: And you have to love how Regina is always thrown against cars, tower clocks, glass doors, etc, and there's never a scratch. But Regina's and the Charmings' reaction when the spell is broken, I bet there wasn't any acting involved there, they just filmed the actors' reactions to that insanity. But I was disappointed that this wasn't in the episode. =)

So, yeah, that was the most fun I had watching OUAT in a long time. Yet, other than how generally ridiculous it all was and some great acting, particularly from Mitchell, Parrilla, and Goodwin, the episode was terrible. Hook acting like he is a hero now and not simply a horny selfish criminal who feels entitled to women and happy endings is beyond annoying. This whole thing about Rumple suddenly wanting to rule the world and how little sense it makes that there would be magic now outside of Storybrooke just because he is separated from his dagger makes me angry. I don't know if Robert Carlyle wants to move on to better projects or why exactly they're doing this, but it doesn't make any sense. If the idea is to "Gollumify" Rumplestiltskin, there are better ways to do that. And I still believe the most reasonable next step for the character would be attempting to bring his son back from the dead. Hey, if Zelena could break one of magic's rule, why couldn't the Dark One break another, or at least feel like he could do it? :bang:

And the shattered sight thing would have been such an amazing opportunity for characters to truly discuss some real issues they have with each other (like Snow tricking Regina into killing Cora, for example), it's a pity they played it for laughs. Well, at least we're getting rid of the Arendelle crew, and Emma will hopefully stop behaving like a teenager and become once again the character we all loved in season one. And hopefully 4B will give Regina the screentime she deserves.

Now I'm only wondering what happened to Marian. Was she unfrozen, after Ingrid's death? And why the hell did they bother freezing her in the first place?

Anyway, something for the lols

Maleficent, Cruella and Ursula next week! :bowdown:

And they look fabulous! :drool:

It was a fun episode to watch, and the Snow Queen got a surprisingly good ending. This episode also made like Anna, but yeah, I'm glad the Frozen arc is basically done, and excited about the next villians, but Cruella, seriously?

I, too, am very surprised about the turn for the worse that Rumple has taken. I hope it's a curse of being the Dark One. After all, the previous Dark One willingly tricked Rumple into killing him. Maybe the guy (the amazing Brad Douriff needs to show up more) got to the point where he realized that he will always be evil, no matter what, and ended it the only way he could think of. Of course, it seems that every Dark One has tried to get the Sorcerer's Hat, and until now, failed. So, I think, every person who was the Dark One attempted to become free of the dagger, and failing that, eventually let themselves be killed. So I wonder if Rumple will become a better man once he actually becomes free of the dagger (though he doesn't know that yet), or he will become the ultimate Dark One, completely irredeemable, and thus needed to be destroyed.

An interesting episode with ups and downs. I am not sure that we've seen the last of the Frozen cast, but at least that story arc is over.

Ups

Regina - of course; Robin having to leave her to keep Marian alive was a very strong moment. But I must say, I hate the way the actor screws up his face to look anguished.

The discovery of the secret library - Operation Mongoose is back on

Rumple's fate. That was a twist I didn't see coming, at least not at this point in the story.

Also thanks to that twist, Hook's survival. Unlike other people, I kinda like Hook. Also the whole death-by-crushing-the-heart (which Rumple was all in Hook's face about it for so long) has already been done to one of Emma's boyfriends. If/when Hook goes out, it will have to be with more style.

Maleficent and Ursula - somewhat

Downs

Cruella!!! no, just no. Since when does Cruella have magic? What is she doing in the Enchanted Forest? And really, no other "Queen of Darkness" out there besides her. She is more of a our world type villain, not a fairy land type villain.

The twist I mentioned above - though I liked its results, it all happened way too suddenly. Belle using the gauntlet on Rumple all of a sudden, Emma getting to the clock tower just in time; Has she learned the teleportation spell or what?

Rumple's feeble explanation that his "death" and imprisonment at the hands of the Wicked Witch is what got him determined to never lose his power, no matter what.

An interesting episode with ups and downs. I am not sure that we've seen the last of the Frozen cast, but at least that story arc is over.

Ups

Regina - of course; Robin having to leave her to keep Marian alive was a very strong moment. But I must say, I hate the way the actor screws up his face to look anguished.

The discovery of the secret library - Operation Mongoose is back on

Rumple's fate. That was a twist I didn't see coming, at least not at this point in the story.

Also thanks to that twist, Hook's survival. Unlike other people, I kinda like Hook. Also the whole death-by-crushing-the-heart (which Rumple was all in Hook's face about it for so long) has already been done to one of Emma's boyfriends. If/when Hook goes out, it will have to be with more style.

Maleficent and Ursula - somewhat

Downs

Cruella!!! no, just no. Since when does Cruella have magic? What is she doing in the Enchanted Forest? And really, no other "Queen of Darkness" out there besides her. She is more of a our world type villain, not a fairy land type villain.

The twist I mentioned above - though I liked its results, it all happened way too suddenly. Belle using the gauntlet on Rumple all of a sudden, Emma getting to the clock tower just in time; Has she learned the teleportation spell or what?

Rumple's feeble explanation that his "death" and imprisonment at the hands of the Wicked Witch is what got him determined to never lose his power, no matter what.

Re Cruella: The way to look at it, is that we don't actually know who or what she was before she got to our world. So there's no rule against her being a witch in the Forest Kingdom.

Re Maleficent: Isn't she supposed to be a skeleton banshee thing now? How do they expect to bring her back? Please no more forget spells!

Re Rumple: Can't keep a bad man down! He loses his magic, his power, the woman he loves (yes, he loves her), the only place he has called home for decades... and still he comes out swinging!

Re Regina: Superlative acting, needless to say. And she actually has an honest to god, pluasible character arc!

Re Frozen crowd: Unless that door is a time portal, their land has been in the grip of a hostile force for 30 years. While ice magic is a good enough power equalizer for a coup d'etat, not sure how the people are going to feel about the Queen that abandoned them all those years ago coming back...

Re Cruella: The way to look at it, is that we don't actually know who or what she was before she got to our world. So there's no rule against her being a witch in the Forest Kingdom.

Re Maleficent: Isn't she supposed to be a skeleton banshee thing now? How do they expect to bring her back? Please no more forget spells!

Re Rumple: Can't keep a bad man down! He loses his magic, his power, the woman he loves (yes, he loves her), the only place he has called home for decades... and still he comes out swinging!

Re Regina: Superlative acting, needless to say. And she actually has an honest to god, pluasible character arc!

Re Frozen crowd: Unless that door is a time portal, their land has been in the grip of a hostile force for 30 years. While ice magic is a good enough power equalizer for a coup d'etat, not sure how the people are going to feel about the Queen that abandoned them all those years ago coming back...

The whole of Aarandelle was frozen for about 30 years. When Anna and Kristoff were thrown in the sea, it was in the present. That's why the wishing star worked.

That episode... Ouch. There were tears in my eyes long after the credits rolled.

Everything with Regina was painful this episode. Her certainty that she had lost Robin when Marian awoke, how unbelievable it was for her when Robin chose her, only to have that hope crushed seconds later, and that final goodbye, their hands touching on the town border "for the last time"... Ouch. :crying: But as heartbreaking as all of that might have been, the scene that hit me the hardest was Rumple and Regina in the car. That he would even bother say goodbye after everything they've gone through (and a whole season not even interacting, mind you) was unexpected, but the genuine concern, misguided attempt at helping her one last time, and then he took her hand and said he wanted her to be happy too? I bawled. :bawl: They've come such a long way, and it's always seemed to me that a part of Rumple regrets turning her into his monster. I'm sorry, I just have a lot of Golden Queen feels (I still think not making Rumple her biological father is such a wasted opportunity!). All this to say I was already devastated by the time Regina and Robin said goodbye. And seriously, where are all the awards that Lana Parrilla deserves?!

And then later it was Rumbelle, and the parallel goodbye scenes, Robert Carlyle's amazing acting (when he begged Belle not to do that, because he was afraid, and then falling after crossing the town line... Ouch. :crying: )... And so OUAT got (temporarily) rid of the last two couples I cared about.

Now, the Queens of Darkness. I had to laugh at that title, since I don't think any of them is actually a queen (something that can be remedied once they enlist Regina to their team - and you know they will try to do that), and then I laughed harder when I realized Rumple would become one of them the next half season :rofl: But I already loved them! THIS is what the entire season should have been about - exciting new characters that actually have something to do with the ones we already know (and it seems all three of them have some sort of relationship to both Regina and Rumple). I'm dying from how fabulous they all are, and, though they haven't had anything to do yet (I'm really confused about the flashback with Rumple. He ransomed the gauntlet? What, with gold, was that what they were after, or what did he give them?), I liked their portrayal. And, honestly, after Frozen, and in anticipation from all the fabulous that will come from Regina and Rumple sharing scenes with them, and all the Regina/Maleficent scenes, plus all the potential for something actually exciting happening on this show, I don't give a damn about how absurd it is to see Cruella aligned with fairy tale characters. Plus, come on, she's the scariest of them all - what sort of monster wants to kill puppies?! :eek:

I'm really curious about how they went from the Enchanted Forest to NY, how Maleficent is still alive, and how they are all returning to Storybrooke. And Regina's reaction to their arrival, and the fact that they're also looking for the Author. Also, does Rumple know the Author's identity, or just that it's the Sorcerer, but having no idea who the Sorcerer is?

Last two great things about this episode? The end of Frozen! Operation Mongoose!!!

Now, to the bad. Still too much time wasted on the Frozen characters, but whatever, we're never seeing them again. OUAT managed to make everyone lose any interest in the inevitable official Frozen sequel, wow.

Marian became the understanding wife a bit too quickly, don't you think? Unless she could actually reflect on life, the universe, and everything while frozen, that is.

Belle, I love how you've finally opened your eyes and admitted Rumple is a bastard, and then went all badass saving the day and kicking Rumple away from his cursed town, but couldn't you have arrived just three seconds later at that clock tower? Damn, girl, what a terrible timing! The pirate would have let you die... :bang:

Last bad thing: Henry trying to bond with Belle. His calling her "grandma" was cringe-worthy.

I need to mourn for a bit before I can appreciate this episode. It seems my ship has sunk to the depths of 'no return'.

What is your ship? Because if it's

Outlaw Queen, Sean Maguire has already admitted he's returning to OUAT, and the whole way their story is shaped, plus how the audience is rooting for them, there's no way this was the end of Regina/Robin!

My guess is he'll return to Storybrooke when Rumple does. Because we know Rumple returns, dragging the Queens of Fabulous with him.

But if it's Rumbelle, well, I have serious doubts that Rumple could ever redeem himself enough for her to take him back now. Unless it turns out she's pregnant and he finally tries to be a good person, for this child, since he failed Bae so terribly?

Downs

Well, Pongo has been on the show since season one, so it was only a matter of time until Cruella arrived.

Emma went to the Littlefinger school of quick traveling. :cool4:

They're making such a mess with Rumple... and all came from their need to get rid of Nealfire. Yet, he doesn't even mention his son, it's like the producers want us to forget that fiasco. If he had said that losing Bae, being unable to do anything to save him, was what made him determined to never again lose his power, that would have been more believable and heartfelt.

That episode... Ouch. There were tears in my eyes long after the credits rolled.

Everything with Regina was painful this episode. Her certainty that she had lost Robin when Marian awoke, how unbelievable it was for her when Robin chose her, only to have that hope crushed seconds later, and that final goodbye, their hands touching on the town border "for the last time"... Ouch. :crying: But as heartbreaking as all of that might have been, the scene that hit me the hardest was Rumple and Regina in the car. That he would even bother say goodbye after everything they've gone through (and a whole season not even interacting, mind you) was unexpected, but the genuine concern, misguided attempt at helping her one last time, and then he took her hand and said he wanted her to be happy too? I bawled. :bawl: They've come such a long way, and it's always seemed to me that a part of Rumple regrets turning her into his monster. I'm sorry, I just have a lot of Golden Queen feels (I still think not making Rumple her biological father is such a wasted opportunity!). All this to say I was already devastated by the time Regina and Robin said goodbye. And seriously, where are all the awards that Lana Parrilla deserves?!

And then later it was Rumbelle, and the parallel goodbye scenes, Robert Carlyle's amazing acting (when he begged Belle not to do that, because he was afraid, and then falling after crossing the town line... Ouch. :crying: )... And so OUAT got (temporarily) rid of the last two couples I cared about.

Now, the Queens of Darkness. I had to laugh at that title, since I don't think any of them is actually a queen (something that can be remedied once they enlist Regina to their team - and you know they will try to do that), and then I laughed harder when I realized Rumple would become one of them the next half season :rofl: But I already loved them! THIS is what the entire season should have been about - exciting new characters that actually have something to do with the ones we already know (and it seems all three of them have some sort of relationship to both Regina and Rumple). I'm dying from how fabulous they all are, and, though they haven't had anything to do yet (I'm really confused about the flashback with Rumple. He ransomed the gauntlet? What, with gold, was that what they were after, or what did he give them?), I liked their portrayal. And, honestly, after Frozen, and in anticipation from all the fabulous that will come from Regina and Rumple sharing scenes with them, and all the Regina/Maleficent scenes, plus all the potential for something actually exciting happening on this show, I don't give a damn about how absurd it is to see Cruella aligned with fairy tale characters. Plus, come on, she's the scariest of them all - what sort of monster wants to kill puppies?! :eek:

I'm really curious about how they went from the Enchanted Forest to NY, how Maleficent is still alive, and how they are all returning to Storybrooke. And Regina's reaction to their arrival, and the fact that they're also looking for the Author. Also, does Rumple know the Author's identity, or just that it's the Sorcerer, but having no idea who the Sorcerer is?

Last two great things about this episode? The end of Frozen! Operation Mongoose!!!

Now, to the bad. Still too much time wasted on the Frozen characters, but whatever, we're never seeing them again. OUAT managed to make everyone lose any interest in the inevitable official Frozen sequel, wow.

Marian became the understanding wife a bit too quickly, don't you think? Unless she could actually reflect on life, the universe, and everything while frozen, that is.

Belle, I love how you've finally opened your eyes and admitted Rumple is a bastard, and then went all badass saving the day and kicking Rumple away from his cursed town, but couldn't you have arrived just three seconds later at that clock tower? Damn, girl, what a terrible timing! The pirate would have let you die... :bang:

Last bad thing: Henry trying to bond with Belle. His calling her "grandma" was cringe-worthy.

What is your ship? Because if it's

Outlaw Queen, Sean Maguire has already admitted he's returning to OUAT, and the whole way their story is shaped, plus how the audience is rooting for them, there's no way this was the end of Regina/Robin!

My guess is he'll return to Storybrooke when Rumple does. Because we know Rumple returns, dragging the Queens of Fabulous with him.

But if it's Rumbelle, well, I have serious doubts that Rumple could ever redeem himself enough for her to take him back now. Unless it turns out she's pregnant and he finally tries to be a good person, for this child, since he failed Bae so terribly?

Well, Pongo has been on the show since season one, so it was only a matter of time until Cruella arrived.

Emma went to the Littlefinger school of quick traveling. :cool4:

They're making such a mess with Rumple... and all came from their need to get rid of Nealfire. Yet, he doesn't even mention his son, it's like the producers want us to forget that fiasco. If he had said that losing Bae, being unable to do anything to save him, was what made him determined to never again lose his power, that would have been more believable and heartfelt.

There was something that Rumple told Regina that made me see Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush from Stargate Universe, instead of Rumple. And that made me sad, because I love that show.

Archived