(Spoilers) Once Upon a Time (the Third)

Howdyphillip

That episode... Ouch. There were tears in my eyes long after the credits rolled.

Everything with Regina was painful this episode. Her certainty that she had lost Robin when Marian awoke, how unbelievable it was for her when Robin chose her, only to have that hope crushed seconds later, and that final goodbye, their hands touching on the town border "for the last time"... Ouch. :crying: But as heartbreaking as all of that might have been, the scene that hit me the hardest was Rumple and Regina in the car. That he would even bother say goodbye after everything they've gone through (and a whole season not even interacting, mind you) was unexpected, but the genuine concern, misguided attempt at helping her one last time, and then he took her hand and said he wanted her to be happy too? I bawled. :bawl: They've come such a long way, and it's always seemed to me that a part of Rumple regrets turning her into his monster. I'm sorry, I just have a lot of Golden Queen feels (I still think not making Rumple her biological father is such a wasted opportunity!). All this to say I was already devastated by the time Regina and Robin said goodbye. And seriously, where are all the awards that Lana Parrilla deserves?!

And then later it was Rumbelle, and the parallel goodbye scenes, Robert Carlyle's amazing acting (when he begged Belle not to do that, because he was afraid, and then falling after crossing the town line... Ouch. :crying: )... And so OUAT got (temporarily) rid of the last two couples I cared about.

Now, the Queens of Darkness. I had to laugh at that title, since I don't think any of them is actually a queen (something that can be remedied once they enlist Regina to their team - and you know they will try to do that), and then I laughed harder when I realized Rumple would become one of them the next half season :rofl: But I already loved them! THIS is what the entire season should have been about - exciting new characters that actually have something to do with the ones we already know (and it seems all three of them have some sort of relationship to both Regina and Rumple). I'm dying from how fabulous they all are, and, though they haven't had anything to do yet (I'm really confused about the flashback with Rumple. He ransomed the gauntlet? What, with gold, was that what they were after, or what did he give them?), I liked their portrayal. And, honestly, after Frozen, and in anticipation from all the fabulous that will come from Regina and Rumple sharing scenes with them, and all the Regina/Maleficent scenes, plus all the potential for something actually exciting happening on this show, I don't give a damn about how absurd it is to see Cruella aligned with fairy tale characters. Plus, come on, she's the scariest of them all - what sort of monster wants to kill puppies?! :eek:

I'm really curious about how they went from the Enchanted Forest to NY, how Maleficent is still alive, and how they are all returning to Storybrooke. And Regina's reaction to their arrival, and the fact that they're also looking for the Author. Also, does Rumple know the Author's identity, or just that it's the Sorcerer, but having no idea who the Sorcerer is?

Last two great things about this episode? The end of Frozen! Operation Mongoose!!!

Now, to the bad. Still too much time wasted on the Frozen characters, but whatever, we're never seeing them again. OUAT managed to make everyone lose any interest in the inevitable official Frozen sequel, wow.

Marian became the understanding wife a bit too quickly, don't you think? Unless she could actually reflect on life, the universe, and everything while frozen, that is.

Belle, I love how you've finally opened your eyes and admitted Rumple is a bastard, and then went all badass saving the day and kicking Rumple away from his cursed town, but couldn't you have arrived just three seconds later at that clock tower? Damn, girl, what a terrible timing! The pirate would have let you die... :bang:

Last bad thing: Henry trying to bond with Belle. His calling her "grandma" was cringe-worthy.

What is your ship? Because if it's

Outlaw Queen, Sean Maguire has already admitted he's returning to OUAT, and the whole way their story is shaped, plus how the audience is rooting for them, there's no way this was the end of Regina/Robin!

My guess is he'll return to Storybrooke when Rumple does. Because we know Rumple returns, dragging the Queens of Fabulous with him.

But if it's Rumbelle, well, I have serious doubts that Rumple could ever redeem himself enough for her to take him back now. Unless it turns out she's pregnant and he finally tries to be a good person, for this child, since he failed Bae so terribly?

Well, Pongo has been on the show since season one, so it was only a matter of time until Cruella arrived.

Emma went to the Littlefinger school of quick traveling. :cool4:

They're making such a mess with Rumple... and all came from their need to get rid of Nealfire. Yet, he doesn't even mention his son, it's like the producers want us to forget that fiasco. If he had said that losing Bae, being unable to do anything to save him, was what made him determined to never again lose his power, that would have been more believable and heartfelt.

Yeah, OutlawQueen. Thanks for the response. You have given me hope.

After thinking about it though. I can't deny there is chemistry between them. Maybe not the most electric of the ships I've seen. But there is a 'click' between them. I've been wondering though, if the real reason I am on the OutlawQueen ship has more to do with Regina. Her happiness. The way she lights up. The way she has embraced making harder but better choices with Robin than she has at other points in her struggle to not be the villain.

I like her. I am enjoying her character growth immensely. (And cringe when it seems to be going backwards). I don't know. Maybe I have related all the things that I have really enjoyed and embraced about Regina and Lana Parilla's performance. And tied it to the OutlawQueen ship.

Because Robin without Regina. Meh, I 'nothing' him. I neither hate or Love, Like or Dislike him. I don't even have mild feelings about him one way or another. Other than how he is in the relationship. How he effectively reflects and enhances what Lana brings to the table.

All this just to say. I loved OutlawQueen but I am now willing to accept another less complicated ship for Regina should they choose to go that way. But if it is Robin. I'm also happy with it.

Or Regina being happy with herself and the people in her life without a "Twu Wuv" also excellent. I'm just all for positive forward momentum.

Rumbelle. No. I mean it had it's charms. But it's been an abusive relationship for so long. So unbalanced and full of lies and manipulation.

That I had a hard time seeing that ship let alone getting on board. I cheered (While also feeling sad for her) when Belle finally ended things.

I had a moment of weakness when Rumple reminded us he had been a prisoner (Because I totally forgot about that.) and the way he said he was afraid. Not to mention the Rumple Crumple after he crossed the town line.

But he has done worse things to others. Among other inexcusable things. He personally doomed his marriage all by himself.

But I actually hope that they go with the storyline that Belle is pregnant. I want that to happen. It seems like the obvious way to get some kind of path of redemption arc back for Rumple. But I would prefer that than seeing him twistedly seeking revenge or magically making Belle his against her will. I'm already at the point that I'd be ok if Rumple got killed off. Despite my love of Robert Carlyle. Even though his arc has always been him in some capacity wanting power driven by his cowardice. It's become tedious and the lines that have been crossed have made me not care about the potential for goodness in him. And I no longer value him as a villain. I guess I never really saw him as that though. More a man that took a bad path to protect and then find his son.

Thanks for reminding me about Pongo. I had forgotten that he was a resident in Storybrooke for a while now. It weirdly makes me feel a lot better about Cruella being in this universe. Not that I had a huge problem with it in the first place. I just had reservations about the possibility of her being magical. And if not, what purpose does she serve in the evil chicks group. Other than her epic sass.

Can I just say that I have enjoyed Henry in the show lately. He hasn't been on much. But I do feel like he has been written better lately. I heard people discussing that now he is in his teens. Who might our little Henry start dating. Not anything serious or sexual. Just that - Hey I like Girls/boys. Hey I like this girl/boy - and who in the Storybrooke world that might be.

I didn't mind the Frozen storyline, now that all is said and done. But I'm happy to be moving on from that too. At least from it being a main focus.

I actually used to ship Rumbelle like crazy back on season one (maybe two as well, but less intensely), but it's exactly as you said, it's been too abusive for way too long. The worst thing is, Robert Carlyle is such a great actor that, as much as we really don't want to, as much as, rationally, we know Rumple is a horrible person who refuses to change, the acting makes us root for him. I hate when that happens lol

I don't think he'll be killed off this soon, though. OUAT has the potential for an average of seven seasons, which is the way most successful shows go these days. I could see Rumple dying (for good, this time) either by the end of season 5 or 6 - but 6 is more likely, OUAT can't survive long without one of its two best actors. I really don't see him ever being redeemed; Nealfire was his only chance for that, now that it's gone, not even a second child would make it so. Plus, Carlyle has said in some interviews that he hopes he doesn't get a happy ending. Well, whatever happens, I hope he still has a lot of emotional and sassy scenes to share with Lana Parrilla! :bowdown:

Yeah, OutlawQueen. Thanks for the response. You have given me hope.

After thinking about it though. I can't deny there is chemistry between them. Maybe not the most electric of the ships I've seen. But there is a 'click' between them. I've been wondering though, if the real reason I am on the OutlawQueen ship has more to do with Regina. Her happiness. The way she lights up. The way she has embraced making harder but better choices with Robin than she has at other points in her struggle to not be the villain.

I like her. I am enjoying her character growth immensely. (And cringe when it seems to be going backwards). I don't know. Maybe I have related all the things that I have really enjoyed and embraced about Regina and Lana Parilla's performance. And tied it to the OutlawQueen ship.

Because Robin without Regina. Meh, I 'nothing' him. I neither hate or Love, Like or Dislike him. I don't even have mild feelings about him one way or another. Other than how he is in the relationship. How he effectively reflects and enhances what Lana brings to the table.

All this just to say. I loved OutlawQueen but I am now willing to accept another less complicated ship for Regina should they choose to go that way. But if it is Robin. I'm also happy with it.

Or Regina being happy with herself and the people in her life without a "Twu Wuv" also excellent. I'm just all for positive forward momentum.

Yes, it's the same thing for me. I only ship OQ because that has been shown as the relationship with greatest potential to make her happy. It helps that Robin is a very likable character, and that Parrilla and Maguire have some serious chemistry going on. And, if not him, who else? Jefferson could be a possibility, but I don't think they ever intended to go down that route. But other than him, there's no one. (confession time: I wouldn't be opposed to Regina/Maleficent, though, especially because they have the best ship name: Dragon Queen :bowdown: )

The way Regina has been written all this time, I think she does need a true love to be completely happy. Henry is the priority, and we've seen what she is like without him in her life, but he's also a kid, her kid, and there's that whole thing about limiting how vulnerable you let your child see you, because you have to give them stability and all that. Robin gives her the support she needs, the understanding that can only come from an adult that has been through similar experiences, and, as much as she might trust Snow, David and Emma a lot more than any other time, I don't think she feels comfortable enough for that kind of sharing with them.

Thanks for reminding me about Pongo. I had forgotten that he was a resident in Storybrooke for a while now. It weirdly makes me feel a lot better about Cruella being in this universe. Not that I had a huge problem with it in the first place. I just had reservations about the possibility of her being magical. And if not, what purpose does she serve in the evil chicks group. Other than her epic sass.

Can I just say that I have enjoyed Henry in the show lately. He hasn't been on much. But I do feel like he has been written better lately. I heard people discussing that now he is in his teens. Who might our little Henry start dating. Not anything serious or sexual. Just that - Hey I like Girls/boys. Hey I like this girl/boy - and who in the Storybrooke world that might be.

I agree that it's bizarre to see Cruella in the Enchanted Forest and working with that group, but I don't think she has magic - even Ursula probably has a different kind of magic than Regina's, for example. I mean, after they negotiated with Rumple for Belle's release, Cruella looks at Maleficent like she was signaling it was time for her to do her thing and teleport them from there.

The weird thing about Henry is that he's clearly a teenager (the actor is what? 14?), but the character is supposed to be 12 right now. Meh, it's not like OUAT cares too much about the timeline lol

I've heard somewhere that Henry would get a love interest, but a new character. Personally, I had hoped it would be Grace, the Mad Hatter's daughter, if only so he might show up again (plus, picture the conflict potential between him and Regina :bowdown: ), but as that's never happening...

Well...some things worked some were meh at best.

Gold's explanation was off. They had great opportunity to explain his quest for ultimate power as some way to get Bae back again (from dead this time) or to stop something similar to what happened to Bae happen to other people in his life. It would have been easy sentence...but alas...they decided to make it about something half the audience forgot already.

Gold and BElle...ah my heart. I wanted to cry. That was the only moment when I felt really sad. I pity both of them,they really had no chance. Belle being bad ass and getting rid of Gold was a positive thing imho. For her and for Gold. He will hopefully see what his quest for power cost him. Maybe he'll change a bit. And to me it looked for a second he might be on the path when he said he now wants author to get his happy ending...not to get more power. Unless his happy ending for him is getting more power than...Gold will imho be completely wasted character. BTW about the gauntlet. The way I saw it he only gave the gauntlet away cause they had Belle,later he told her it wasn't for her. When he faced the three alone they didn't have anything to sway over him so he had no problem taking the gauntlet away from them and then they told him their plan and he refused to team up with them cause he wanted to exploit the weaknesses of his enemies to get Bae back. So to me it was ironic that what got Belle to finally grow a pair and stand up to Gold and their abusive relationship was ironically one event when he in fact was honest...

Henry was all positive. Him calling Belle grandma was so cute. He's trying bless him. And when he got in the diner and said..Mom,mom,I found something...so cute. Finally in next half we'll see what I wanted to see in this half...more of operation Mongoose and finding the author of the book. That is really interesting.

Frozen people were gone ok,nice but I have this feeling we'll see our heroes calling them back to help them with something in the future and Elsa and Anna answering. I don't think it will be more than couple of appearances but I think they'll be here again.

Four queens of darkness has potential but as I recall they already killed Maleficent,wasn't she the dragon under the library? How is now Gold looking for her? And how come they were out of SB when Regina's curse hit? She didn't want to punish them? they got away? Whaaa? And if the Sorcerer is the author,and he's so powerful he can give one their story ending how come he too got trapped by Regina's curse? Couldn't he see it coming? If he did then why did he stay in SB? Was that a part of some other plan?

Gold and BElle...ah my heart. I wanted to cry. That was the only moment when I felt really sad. I pity both of them,they really had no chance. Belle being bad ass and getting rid of Gold was a positive thing imho. For her and for Gold. He will hopefully see what his quest for power cost him. Maybe he'll change a bit. And to me it looked for a second he might be on the path when he said he now wants author to get his happy ending...not to get more power. Unless his happy ending for him is getting more power than...Gold will imho be completely wasted character.

Rumple said something about getting everything, so my guess is he'll try to find a way to get both power and the emotionally rewarding kind of happy ending. How he'll do that is a different subject.

Four queens of darkness has potential but as I recall they already killed Maleficent,wasn't she the dragon under the library? How is now Gold looking for her? And how come they were out of SB when Regina's curse hit? She didn't want to punish them? they got away? Whaaa? And if the Sorcerer is the author,and he's so powerful he can give one their story ending how come he too got trapped by Regina's curse? Couldn't he see it coming? If he did then why did he stay in SB? Was that a part of some other plan?

Oh, I'm sure the explanation for all of that will be ridiculously convoluted. But I was thinking, maybe Maleficent never left Storybrooke, maybe she's not returning with Rumple and the other QoD. I mean, last we saw her she was supposedly a zombie, but they can easily present an explanation on how dragon Mal never really died and that zombie was just some kind of enchantment left there to protect that thingie from the end of season 2. My best guess at the moment is that, when the second curse hit, Maleficent returned to dragon form under the library (since Snow has admitted, in one of the deleted scenes, that she just used Regina's template when she cast it) and Rumple, after getting the hat, went down there and imprisoned her, because why wouldn't he? (I'm beginning to think Regina is the only person with magical abilities in town that he never intended to trap on his hat, probably part of their incredibly complicated relationship they have that makes them have heartfelt honest conversations with each other one moment, and try to kill one another the next)

Now that Hook is no longer controlled by Rumple, he'll have told everyone else about the people imprisoned in the hat, and they will all try to release them (didn't the clip for the next half of the season show Regina using the dagger on the hat?), and the idea of Maleficent jumping out of the hat along with all those fairies is just too delicious not to be used :bowdown:

• 2 months later...

And it's back.

That scene at the end: Don Snow White, lol.

The show has consistently been making the point (since season 2) that while the complexities of reality have allowed the Evil Queen to develop many shades of gray, they have also gradually tarnished the speckless Snow White.

Two episodes in, and season 4B is already infinitely better than everything in 4A put together!

The Queens of Darkness are definitely the best thing that has happened to this show in years! Those three are so fabulous, that I can't even articulate coherent thoughts on them, so :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It's also amazing OUAT's capacity for making us hate, or at least resent, Snow White over and over again, but never more than on this episode, root for Maleficent and the Evil Queen, and ship Ursula and Cruella LOL :wub: (okay, but those two are definitely a thing, come on! "We're back together"? Cruella looking at Ursula's lips as she said that? Cruella's protective hand on Ursula after they ran into Hook? The general vibe coming from their interactions? Come on! *going down with the Sea Devil ship*)

I'm still divided on this little twist to Maleficent's story. I knew it was coming, from some spoiler pictures that hit the web a few weeks ago, but still... I guess I was just too into my own headcanon that she tried to stop Regina from casting the curse all the way back in 1x02 because she cared about her friend's soul, not for her own selfish reasons. Not that her selfish reasons aren't somewhat noble in their own right, of course, but still, I just want some Dragon Queen feels - which are certainly on their way next episode. And Kristin Bauer still has the ability to make me feel her characters' pain! My greatest wish for this season is a scene where Maleficent, Regina and Rumple all get teary-eyed for some very emotional reason and we all die from the feels :bawl:

Lana Parrilla was also brilliant, as usual - her almost going Evil Queen mode whenever her frustration gets the best of her is still more delightful than it should be. And Robert Carlyle... dammit, I don't want to feel sympathetic for Rumple, dude deserves the pain, but Carlyle makes that impossible! (what's going on with Belle btw? Rebound? :eek: )

What else... oh, I hope Snow acknowledges what a risky situation she's throwing Regina in, and that there are some emotional ramifications from that. But I kind of love it that, when all seemed lost, she turned to Regina of all people for help; it's an important step to their rebuilding their relationship, and probably a callback to the time when Regina was her step-mom.

Emma and Hook are so annoying at this point that I wish they could be just killed off and leave more time to the actually interesting characters. Seriously, I don't think we can even call her Emma anymore; the last thing that connected her to the Emma we all met in season 1 - her ability to detect lies - is gone. She's just the Savior now, with the emotional depth of a teaspoon. Boring. :bang:

So, the drawing of the Author's door or something Henry found, was that one of the doors from Jefferson's hat?

Edit: promo pictures for next week's episode. The ones of Regina and Mal are making me seriously question my sexuality. Just... wow. :drool:

And that setting... well, looking forward to reading the fics based on it :bowdown:

I agree with so much of your post. I had a different reaction to Snow asking Regina to go under cover though. I felt like things could turn ugly.

Like, you don't ask an alcoholic to go work in a bottle shop. (BWS - Beer, Wine, Spirits). So I was all WTF?! Snow, geez!

But I like your take on it better than my reaction to it.

Has there been mention of how much time has passed since Belle kicked Rumple out of town?

Because it seemed like last episode Belle was still broken up about it. So this was another WTF?! moment for me too.

Emma's super power has always been a little dodgy. It will conveniently come back when she is needed as a lie detector. But this episode she admitted she was unsure. And used the perceived characters of the Charming's to conclude they wouldn't lie to her.

Makes me question if any one was ever meant to take her seriously when she spoke of her lie detecting abilities.

I agree with so much of your post. I had a different reaction to Snow asking Regina to go under cover though. I felt like things could turn ugly.

Like, you don't ask an alcoholic to go work in a bottle shop. (BWS - Beer, Wine, Spirits). So I was all WTF?! Snow, geez!

But I like your take on it better than my reaction to it.

I completely agree with you. Tbh, I'm really divided on how to feel about that. Like, I love that Snow turns to Regina, but I hate that she is so completely selfish that she doesn't realize just what she is asking of her. This post explains it all better than I ever could; I just find their relationship the most fascinating in the entire show (along with Regina/Rumple, that is).

On how long it's been, on the beginning of the previous episode (or the end of the one before?) they said six weeks. Definitely not enough time for someone like Belle to move on, which made me wonder if what Rumple saw wasn't an illusion, or his mind playing tricks on him. But it was probably real, considering Will got her coffee in the morning, so...

So, I just got caught up reading this thread and I have to say I am so in agreement with a lot of what was posted here. The Frozen storyline was underwhelming, especially the lost potential that they could have had with more Regina and Snow Queen interaction. I still say that the major problem with the first half of this season was that they had too many storylines going on and it wasn't cohesive. For instance, they introduced the apprentice and the magic hat, there was the start of operation mongoose which was then barely touched on, there was the added character of Will Scarlett and trying to have him fit in, and then there was the Snow Queen story which partly tied to Frozen and was partly it's own thing. I still don't quite get why Marian was brought into Storybrooke only to have been kept in frozen status for the entire time, though at the end it was clear that she is simply a plot device to keep Robin and Regina apart. And don't even get me started on the mess that was the episode where Belle met Anna. (BTW, I loved that recap that Lady Octarina linked about that episode. It really summarizes how dumb that whole episode was. I just write that one off as an epic fail and am trying to forget it). It's like they hastily wrote in the Frozen storyline to capitalize on the success of the movie and for the most part it didn't work at all though the actresses playing Anna and Elsa were wonderful. The last episode before the break, with the parting of Robin and Regina and Rumple and Belle were really well done and very moving. (However, the horrible Belle episode I just mentioned kind of made the Rumple-Belle break up feel strange to me because it seemed rather hypocritical of Belle to be so upset with all of Rumple's lies when she used his dagger against him the first chance she got, which sort of justifies somewhat one of the reasons he was lying to her in the first place. He was right that he couldn't even trust his Belle with the real dagger after all.)

And I agree that so far this half of the season is already starting off much better. I really enjoyed this last episode very much. My 15 year old daughter was shocked at the darker turn that Snow and Charming are taking. She was all like "Wow, they are turning Snow into a villain!" It also looks like Emma is about to turn very dark too and my daughter and I both called that the evil bat thing was really going for Emma not Regina especially given that Regina has been moving away from her dark side. The actresses playing the three villainesses are great so far! I am even buying into Cruella even though, as someone else posted up thread, I questioned why Cruella would be a part of the magic group. I also agree with the comments about Rumple, that his motivations for wanting to hold on to his dark power seem lame and while Robert Carlysle is always a joy to watch, I hope it doesn't ruin his character completely. Maybe now that he has seen Belle with Will he'll be motivated to do something redeeming, though maybe not completely change for the better like Regina is, to get her back. I also like the suggestion that she could be pregnant with his child and the potential of what that could mean to him. It was nice to see the references to August again and Regina's heartfelt apology to Gipetto was fantastic. At least with her, we are truly seeing her make the efforts to be good even though she has been kept from her happy ending over and over again.

1) If your character is a walking lie-detecor, so much so, that the genius evil antagonist has to twist every word that comes out his mouth to fool her, you don't then have two separate characters lie bluntly and stupidly to her face and she can't tell.

2) If your character was pure and white as snow and then started darkening during the course of many episodes, you don't then show that she was actually dark all along, it's only this horrible thing that gives her nightmares all the time, just never before this episode of the fourth(!) season

3) If your CGI sucks, use less CGI.

4) If you establish quite thoroughly that no one ever comes back from the dead on your show, then don't bring somebody back with two drops of blood just cause it's convenient to the plot.

5) If your evil character on a redemption arc is portrayed by a brilliant actress, then you certainly don't thrust said character into an emotionally volatile situation, that might bring out even greater acting displays out of said actress than ever before. (wait... what?)

1) If your character is a walking lie-detecor, so much so, that the genius evil antagonist has to twist every word that comes out his mouth to fool her, you don't then have two separate characters lie bluntly and stupidly to her face and she can't tell.

2) If your character was pure and white as snow and then started darkening during the course of many episodes, you don't then show that she was actually dark all along, it's only this horrible thing that gives her nightmares all the time, just never before this episode of the fourth(!) season

4) If you establish quite thoroughly that no one ever comes back from the dead on your show, then don't bring somebody back with two drops of blood just cause it's convenient to the plot.

5) If your evil character on a redemption arc is portrayed by a brilliant actress, then you certainly don't thrust said character into an emotionally volatile situation, that might bring out even greater acting displays out of said actress than ever before. (wait... what?)

Right now OUAT seems to be influenced by recent Disney movies. Frozen, gotta have a piece of that pie. Maleficent, not so good, but Angelina Jolie was fine, and it painted the character in a new light. Next up, a return of Cinderella.

Right now OUAT seems to be influenced by recent Disney movies. Frozen, gotta have a piece of that pie. Maleficent, not so good, but Angelina Jolie was fine, and it painted the character in a new light. Next up, a return of Cinderella.

Please no, that one episode was boring enough for a lifetime!

1)THIS.

2) It's not the best writing, sure, but anything to make Snow and Charming more interesting is welcome.

3) I have achieved a state of mind where I no longer notice the terrible CGI; plus, there should be more dragons on TV :drunk:

4) Definitely. And I hope (though I no it's futile) that someone brings that up later. Rumple has every reason to want to bring someone back to life, yet he's the first one to say that's impossible... until it isn't? I mean, this show has already broken this rule so many times just in the past two seasons: Rumple himself, Marian, Maleficent, and soon enough someone else, so why not just bring Baelfire back? Hopefully not as a kid, Pinocchio is creepy enough at that. But in Maleficent's case, I actually thing it makes more sense than any other character - she's already come back once, after all, in zombie form, so why not? Plus, I don't think she's human (it hasn't been explicitly said, but she's mentioned fairy knowledge a few times on the show, so maybe she's Fae?), so it's possible that different rules apply to her.

5) :bowdown:

I completely agree with you. Tbh, I'm really divided on how to feel about that. Like, I love that Snow turns to Regina, but I hate that she is so completely selfish that she doesn't realize just what she is asking of her. This post explains it all better than I ever could; I just find their relationship the most fascinating in the entire show (along with Regina/Rumple, that is).

On how long it's been, on the beginning of the previous episode (or the end of the one before?) they said six weeks. Definitely not enough time for someone like Belle to move on, which made me wonder if what Rumple saw wasn't an illusion, or his mind playing tricks on him. But it was probably real, considering Will got her coffee in the morning, so...

Thanks for the link. Interesting perspective. I hadn't seen those moments like that before. But it totally makes a sad kind of sense to be read that way. Snow was rather young when her mother died and then came the prospect of a replacement mother. A woman who saved her life. Who Snow trusted immediately. Seeing (subconsciously) Regina as a mother figure. Would also explain why Snow could never kill Regina. Despite often claiming she would.

Welcome to the OUAT thread Elba the Intoner

I also like the suggestion that she could be pregnant with his child and the potential of what that could mean to him. It was nice to see the references to August again and Regina's heartfelt apology to Gipetto was fantastic. At least with her, we are truly seeing her make the efforts to be good even though she has been kept from her happy ending over and over again.

I actually convinced myself (before this episode happened) that Belle being pregnant was the way they would go with this. Mostly because I would just really love to see that. But when we saw Belle and Will together. (Obviously they connected over their "true loves" being selfish bad guys and unable to maintain a relationship in either case.) I thought that was the end to the theory of Belle having Rumple's baby.

I thought for Belle to move on, it would probably take a year or more. But 6 weeks. Damn. At least there is still the possibility of a pregnancy. But I feel like it's less likely. Or she could go the angle of "It's Will's baby" and cause Rumple even more angst and anger.

I, like you. Really appreciate Regina's apology to Geppetto. A high moment for them both.

Please no, that one episode was boring enough for a lifetime!

1)THIS.

2) It's not the best writing, sure, but anything to make Snow and Charming more interesting is welcome.

3) I have achieved a state of mind where I no longer notice the terrible CGI; plus, there should be more dragons on TV :drunk:

4) Definitely. And I hope (though I no it's futile) that someone brings that up later. Rumple has every reason to want to bring someone back to life, yet he's the first one to say that's impossible... until it isn't? I mean, this show has already broken this rule so many times just in the past two seasons: Rumple himself, Marian, Maleficent, and soon enough someone else, so why not just bring Baelfire back? Hopefully not as a kid, Pinocchio is creepy enough at that. But in Maleficent's case, I actually thing it makes more sense than any other character - she's already come back once, after all, in zombie form, so why not? Plus, I don't think she's human (it hasn't been explicitly said, but she's mentioned fairy knowledge a few times on the show, so maybe she's Fae?), so it's possible that different rules apply to her.

5) :bowdown:

Marian actually returned from the death because the going back into-time thing. Zelena offered Rumple the possibility to go back into time so he could safe Bae, ... Rumple refused.

I however never understood anything how Rumple actually died and returned from the death. That stuf was really weird.

Welcome to the OUAT thread Elba the Intoner

I actually convinced myself (before this episode happened) that Belle being pregnant was the way they would go with this. Mostly because I would just really love to see that. But when we saw Belle and Will together. (Obviously they connected over their "true loves" being selfish bad guys and unable to maintain a relationship in either case.) I thought that was the end to the theory of Belle having Rumple's baby.

I thought for Belle to move on, it would probably take a year or more. But 6 weeks. Damn. At least there is still the possibility of a pregnancy. But I feel like it's less likely. Or she could go the angle of "It's Will's baby" and cause Rumple even more angst and anger.

I, like you. Really appreciate Regina's apology to Geppetto. A high moment for them both.

Thanks Warg Arry! yeah I admit after this episode it doesn't seem like they are going that route.

August is back! I wonder if he'll stick around. I must say I am really enjoying this second half so far. I loved the interplay between Regina and Malificent. This is what we should have had the first half of the season. Rumple disguising himself as Hook was so good I almost found myself shipping those two.

Archived