(Spoilers) Once Upon a Time (the Third)

Howdyphillip

On 3/21/2016 at 1:05 AM, Tijgy said:

And again an episode (s05e14) that made me very upset :dunno: the first part was fun still at the end again "what the hell" moments.

Yeah, Rumple has once again showed his cowardly nature. Disappointed that when Hades threatened him with the contract, he didn't just go berserk and start the fight of the century. If Rumple tried once to null the contract by killing the holder, why not try again? And before anyone says "well Hades is a god, he can't be killed" lets not forget about Greek mythology and what happened to Hades's dad.

I kinda like Hades. He is dangerous and unhinged. And he likes to toy with his prey (otherwise this would have been over in the first ten minutes of the return of the show).

Yeah, Rumple has once again showed his cowardly nature. Disappointed that when Hades threatened him with the contract, he didn't just go berserk and start the fight of the century. If Rumple tried once to null the contract by killing the holder, why not try again? And before anyone says "well Hades is a god, he can't be killed" lets not forget about Greek mythology and what happened to Hades's dad.

I kinda like Hades. He is dangerous and unhinged. And he likes to toy with his prey (otherwise this would have been over in the first ten minutes of the return of the show).

I am not really that upset anymore but it took me more time to forgive Rumple for his actions (especially Milah not really the fact he is working for Hades) in this episode than when he became the DO again. But Rumple is my favorite so I am not sure how the rest of audience feels away. I am really terrified however that even for me the writers will make Rumple cross a line he cannot return anymore in my eyes. 

I am not really sure how Rumple acted her cowardly? Yeah, he acted mostly from desperation and even from a desire to seek an easy way out of him. And in the past I believe his actions were certainly not really cowardly. Foolish, desperate and maybe with to less concern how Milah would feel about it (but then at the other side she was actually manipulating her husband into murdering someone) but it is still interesting that at that time of his life he did not want to cross the border to save his child's life something which would change in the future. It is also ironic that Milah's desire which man her husband would be or how Rumple perceived that desire lead to the fact she was thrown into the river (She was going to say Hello from you to Bae, Rumple!). But that whole situation was just fucked up and is now completely fucked up again. 

I mean how the hell is he going to explain this to Belle: Belle, I know you are not really fan of that I tend to kill/hurt people. And somewhere in the past I was still a moral man and I decided not to kill someone however my child's life was in danger. But to save Bae I made a deal to sacrifice my second child. Sorry I was moral once? :blink:

At one way this is actually better than his actions in season 4; or at least in his own mind he is doing those actions to protect his own family or so I am rationalizing his behavior in my mind. Please do not take this away from me :closedeyes:  

I also think it is sad how the show again established no matter how much he loved Bae and wanted to be with him the fates decided over and over again they would not be together. It is real tragic actually :crying:

But Robert Carlyle did amazing work again. And I also loved Rachel Shelley (Milah).

My dear Rumple, I really want to root for you but you are making it very, very hard for me.:dunno: Now I have to make really difficult rationalizations for your behavior :bang: And Hades is indeed awesome, Cruella is hilarious and the best scene was Milah meeting Emma. LOL

Okay so I'm actually really enjoying this (half) Season so far. This has always been a campy cheesy show but the last half season, and some of the season before, it stopped being entertaining for me. This season has been fun so far and waaay better than the awful Camelot plot. Hades is brilliant so far, definitely one of the better villains. And hell to the yes at him and Zelena tag team! :D I agree Cruella is hilarious. The villains on this show are so much better when the show runners stop trying to justify them with weird back stories  (I.e. Hades, Zelena, Cruella). 

Thought the actress who plays Emma was better this week, after being pretty poor in previous weeks. Regina Rumple and Hook are the more compelling on that side. And I kind of feel like the kid who plays Henry must want out by now...

How many episodes do we have left? Because I really want to know if there is time for the Underworld story to wrap up and we can get back to Maleficent and Lily and Daddy Dragon. Or did that whole thing just get dropped?....

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thought the actress who plays Emma was better this week, after being pretty poor in previous weeks. Regina Rumple and Hook are the more compelling on that side. And I kind of feel like the kid who plays Henry must want out by now...

I have never really been a fan of JMO's (Emma) acting but I really hated it from the end of season 4. Robert Carlyle (Rumple) and Lana Parilla (Regina) are just amazing :wub:

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

How many episodes do we have left? Because I really want to know if there is time for the Underworld story to wrap up and we can get back to Maleficent and Lily and Daddy Dragon. Or did that whole thing just get dropped?....

Spoiler

It is probably dropped. But we will certainly not see them this season. At this moment I am just happy with my crocodile/librarian baby :D Stay away from him/her

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

oh man this show has literally and figuratively gone to hell LMAO and i STILL enjoy it !?!?

It is an addiction. 

As Lily Sparks says in her review:  "It's too insane too stop watching!! I'm like an addict who's hit the lowest low but still wants the next hit. You with me?!"

LOL, Hades and Zelena, they were amazing together.

I actually started to feel sorry for both of them. It is still rather ironic Zelena is now afraid for baby and Rumple is afraid his baby is going to be taken away because of a deal. 

And while I am not completely happy about their discussion, I actually felt Rumple was sort of right that Belle fell in love with the beast and the men? He was right to say while he could be a better man he cannot/should become a different man. 

I am still in surprise he told her all those things. 

Hades is Fish from Ally McBeal's law firm Cage & Fish!

What'd be a great way to defeat this guy is to bring back the rest of the Ally McBeal cast, whose careers are all dead as far as anyone knows, so it's fitting that they'd be in the underworld, and have them team up on this guy.  Then totally break the actor's 4th wall and just start doing an Ally episode in the middle of Once Upon A Time.  Changing back to their previous show would render Hades helpless.  They'd be able to use his old character's weaknesses against him for the win. 

I was not completely happy with last night episode but the more I look back how more I liked it. 

First of all, where are the brains of the Charming-Mills family. While I do admire Regina's runework, did their plan really exist just of "Surprise, Hades". They should be very happy about the brick wall. And then ... Emma really? The whole blast the name of the graves is on itself a stupid plan (which made me happy it was just a dream). But Emma really thought it would be a good idea to do this in real life after she saw her mother there killed? It is still a wonder where Emma's dreams come from? Because they are rather prophetic. 

There was also a sweet sister talk between Regina and Zelena which was very sad. 

Maurice and Gaston are both dicks. Maurice was manipulating Belle the whole time with "be a hero!" And then Gaston ... was he really in love with Belle or was he using her? I really felt sorry for Belle in the end. She got blamed for the whole Ogre war? En was manipulated by her father to marry Gaston ... luckily Rumple gave her another way to sacrifice herself so she would not need to marry Gaston (the monster). 

The best of the whole episode was Belle and Rumple bickering. IMO Rumple is really starting to show baby steps. Last week he was finally honest. And in the first half of the episode he was actually following Belle's way (after a nice confrontation between each other). They were of course two petulant children which lead to these amazing quotes: 

• "If we want to boil a pot of thee. Yes." - "So every time you try something nefarious, it is a smashing success. But when I ask you to channel that power for good, you fail" "I won't allow it"
  • Rumple transports him and Belle out of danger - second later Belle directly starts to yell at him "You killed Gaston, my fiance. And you never thought to tell me?" Rumple's very lame excuse "It was an arranged marriage. I was doing you a favor" (While I think Rumple did not really know what who Gaston really was, he is sort of right. Still ... he did not really know it, I think. So bad excuse, Rumple. Bad excuse. And then Rumple tells Belle very nice! about the arrow, ... 
  • "Using my powers to steal another man's property doesn't that qualify as dark magic?" - "This isn't murder. We are opening a locker". "Oh, so you can be the judge when the ends justifies the means, I see. As I said, it is all about points of view" (very petty, Rumple, very petty). 

It is kind of funny that the person who is considered as the darkest dark one asks of his wife "to use a little bit of dark magic, please". If Rumple is not careful, his entire reputation will be destroyed. Rumple's face whenever Belle wanted to help Gaston was very hilarious especially.

It was really sad for Belle how the whole episode ended. 

Still from now on I actually want to have episodes with those two idiots just bickering with each other. 

• 1 month later...

And it was last night the finale. To be honest, the whole retcon with Neal destroying magic was kind of weird? 

Violet and Henry was really cute together :D

The whole scene with Regina and Emma in Neal's apartment was actually in my eyes the best scene of the season. It did made me cry, it was interesting to hear about Regina's conflict inside her, ... 

I was of course Rumple's team the whole episode. The heroes kept ruining his change to wake his wife. I have been angry with him this last season when he became the DO again, threw Milah in the river, betrayed Belle's trust, ... but evil as I am I am not angry with him for exchanging Storybrook for information to wake Belle. Snow should ... maybe not have told the Evil Guy that the DO has a pregnant wife. And it is very weird to say this ... but I ship Pandora's box and Rumple. They have very good chemistry together (or maybe Robert Carlyle has chemistry with everyone and everything :dunno:). 

And it was also very cruel when belle was kidnapped again! by a portal! (if there is one thing Rumple is bad at, it are portals). He just told her he was going to show her the world :crying::crying::crying:

Regina and Rumple scenes were amazing and he was a gentleman like always when he took her cloak (except for the fireball of course). And Carlyle and Parilla were the stars like always!

The season finale episodes were the best ones along with 505. Everything else in this season was completely awful. I have never seen a more inconsistent show and I've watched Charmed. Characters' personalities and motivations constantly changing from episode to episode and sometimes in the same episode according to whatever convenient to the plot at hand, and let's not start talking about the constant retconing and plot holes.

• 4 months later...

And the new seasons has started... 

Spoiler

1° I am for the one of the first times actually interested in what is going to happen to Emma. I always thought her whole saviour magic was sometimes to easy? I always felt there was never a price when she used magic, aided people, ... It is rational (and sad) the price ultimately payed would be the death of the saviour :-( (And I am also happy Hook was on the background)

2° I am excited for what is coming for Zelena's and Regina's relationship. I am happy it isn't completely a relationship without any problems. Last season I felt they grew close together a little too smoothy. (And Regina called Rumple "Rumple"! :P) I also loved the close scene between Regina and Snow.

3° I am not really sure but I thought the pacing of this episode felt a little off? It went rather quickly (but unlike in the premiere of season 4 they actually did not shorten the Rumbelle Dance <_<)

4° The first part of the Belle and Rumple Scenes were everything I could have wanted. They were adorable. Sadly their child? decided to ruin everything AGAIN :rolleyes: I am actually hoping Belle would not run back to Rumple again the next episode. It might be better to work it out and let them talk? during several of the next episodes. The only thing they are doing is just breaking my heart more and more. Let them be together. Or let them stay apart. (And I hope Belle would not exclude Rumple for his child's life). Just chose something :unsure:

(And it was a TLK :wub: :wub: Belle just didn't wanted it to work. Sigh. Very smart, Belle). 

• 3 weeks later...

What a ridiculous show.

Can't the characters' conflict come from within? Do they always have to put magical mcguffin on them instead of letting the plot evolve organically?!

They characters have lost what made them endearing and their arcs are recycled and rehashed.

How many times does Emma have to deal with her walls™? How many times do KillEmma have to keep secrets from one another?! How many times Do Rumple and Belle have to go back and forth? How many times does Regina have to deal with her "inner darkness"? How many times do Snow and Charming have to go with stupid side plot that will amount to nothing?

It's rehashed and overdone and boring.

This ridiculous show has to end.

Archived