Which Character who is M.I.A. more important to the ASOIF?

Winterfell Resident

Howland is an obvious one. Rickon too, especially now. The Blackfish.

I'll also suggest Leyton Hightower. Connected to the Tyrells, Florents, Fossoways, Redwynes and Rowans, and to Dany through Jorah being married to Lynesse. And that's on top of whatever you think he's doing up in the Hightower.

I'm also curious about the black stone that makes up the Hightower's base.

I'd say Benjen. I didn't think of most of the others as MIA as we can be sure that they are alive, even though their whereabouts are unknown:

Blackfish - he escaped the siege.

Howland Reed - I assumed he was just living where he always lives at his home (having sent his kids to Winterfell).

Garlan Tyrell - I don't remember him going missing, either at KL or back at Highgarden

Gendry - he was accounted for too being at that inn, encountered by Brienne.

I think Howland Reed will reveal Jon's ancestry to the world. He's the last living person who knows it, after all. And I also think that Benjen will return, dead, alive or undead. His role in defeating the Others will be pivotal, I think. Or, less happily, in assisting the Others. :(

Benjen, guys. Benjen.

Howland's biggest knowledge is RLJ. Benjen probably knows about RLJ AND has a huge knowledge of the WW situation beyond the wall (and I don't mean just the existence of them... I think he's probably gone far, far beyond that he now sort of knows them)

I agree with Bejen. Come, on. He's been missing since the first book. And in every character index is listed... missing beyond the Wall, presumed dead. Something like that. Please don't let him be a wight. There has to be some adult o Stark to carry on damnit. Can't place all the burden on children's shoulders.

Benjen, guys. Benjen.

Howland's biggest knowledge is RLJ. Benjen probably knows about RLJ AND has a huge knowledge of the WW situation beyond the wall (and I don't mean just the existence of them... I think he's probably gone far, far beyond that he now sort of knows them)

Hmm... I wonder, would Ned have told Benjen? Benjen wouldn't be bound to hold his brother's secrets once he joined the Night's Watch because he must forsake his family to do so. Benjen wasn't always First Ranger and Ned would be taking a risk that none of Benjen's superiors would ever ask out of curiosity, "So who was the woman that Ned decided to cheat on his wife with? You know, the one who had Jon Snow, his bastard?"

Archived