Favorite Historical Character

Boarsbane

Tbh I'm a little confused about the Cregan Stark love because the Hour of the Wolf seemed like a "dumbass Stark" move. Condemning Corlys Velaryon is pretty damn stupid politics.

Cregan Stark in one day consolidated Aegon the Younger's reign by getting rid of a bunch of treacherous snakes and making sure that the new regime wasn't surrounded by them, while also avoiding that the new King was blamed for it. Had Robert or Ned done the same with the likes of Pycelle, Varys and Jaime, ASOIAF would have been much different and the Wot5K would not have happened.

Cregan Stark in one day consolidated Aegon the Younger's reign by getting rid of a bunch of treacherous snakes and making sure that the new regime wasn't surrounded by them, while also avoiding that the new King was blamed for it. Had Robert or Ned done the same with the likes of Pycelle, Varys and Jaime, ASOIAF would have been much different and the Wot5K would not have happened.

Except Aegon still had treacherous advisors for the rest of his regency so it really did nothing

Except Aegon still had treacherous advisors for the rest of his regency so it really did nothing

He couldn't kill ALL of them. If someone had killed Varys, Pycelle and Jaime, Robert would still have to deal with Cersei and LF, but it's hard to deny it would have been an improvement, since they at least got rid of the guys that betrayed the previous king by making him more paranoid, selling him out and murdering him.

• 3 weeks later...

@Winterfell is Burning: Not necessarily an improvement. Pycelle's, Jaime's and Varys' replacement could still be worse.

Oh, I doubt it very much. Certainly no one would have the capacity to build a web like Varys', and the next GM wouldn't be a Lannister stooge.

I'm also fairly sure Cersei wouldn't have three children with whoever replace Jaime in the KG.

Archived