Archer Season Whatever: Caress of Krieger

Myshkin

That was a pretty solid episode. As I said I have mixed feelings about the whole cyborg Barry storyline but at least it looks like they're going to mix it up a bit now - seems like Barry's abilities are going to be seriously hindered. I just wanted more Krieger from that episode. I guess the thing with Lana and Cyril is going to be picked up next episode because that never went anywhere.

Terminator references aside (and there were plenty), I thought that was a cool/creepy ending with the Fargo TV theme music playing, and fading to white. Also, Allison Tolman (aka Molly Solverson) voiced Pam's sister.

Anyways, this was another solid episode. I'm really digging this season.

There was also the fact that Barry (or Bear-y) wore Bears gear, and got blown up in his visit to Green Bay. How subtle...

While stagnant character evolution is usually a bad thing, I think it does tend to work better in comedies over dramas. Pam reverting back to type is also far more enjoyable. It's maybe frustrating for the showrunners but I'm pleased they backtracked.

Pretty great episode. I would have liked more of a conclusion on Cyril-Lana, but that's a really minor point. The last two episodes have been really fun, I hope the trend continues.

As I said I have mixed feelings about the whole cyborg Barry storyline but at least it looks like they're going to mix it up a bit now - seems like Barry's abilities are going to be seriously hindered

Agreed. I'm not the biggest Barry fan and the cyborg plot was going stale. I thought he was much better as Archer's punching bag (Pele of anal gets me every time still). This episode however was a great step up. Great animation and Barry wasn't annoying. Although, I do think the writer shot himself in the foot here. If Archer ever ends, it will be hard to top that ending imo.

Honestly, it might be my new favorite episode at this point. I've re-watched it four or five times already and still like it. I think it's because it's such a good "bottle" episode that plays off the character traits regardless of any broader season plot, something that one of the other really good episodes of the series - "Lo Scandalo" - had as well.

I miss the old Krieger, though.

Honestly, it might be my new favorite episode at this point. I've re-watched it four or five times already and still like it. I think it's because it's such a good "bottle" episode that plays off the character traits regardless of any broader season plot, something that one of the other really good episodes of the series - "Lo Scandalo" - had as well.

Yeah. There's been a lot of great Archer episodes, but this is definitely top 10 for me. Maybe top 5. And Lo Scandalo is absolutely in my top five. The episodes where everyone can bounce off each other, instead of being split into A and B (and sometimes C) plots are the best.

Even before this episode, this season was moving up my list, but with it, I think right now its my second favorite season already. Going seasons, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5, 3.

Archer's half ass monologue is one of this season's highlights.

This was great up until that 'reveal'. Lana's plan could have resulted in the actor's death if Archer gained control of the situation - even AJ was in danger because Archer was driving drunk. I thought it was very manipulative and a cop-out ending, which ruined the episode for me.

Hopefully things can head back in the right direction next week.

Agreed. It was a great episode up until the reveal. That part was dumb and seemed very out of character for Lana (unless that wasn't the real AJ, but rather a Kreiger cyborg; too bad that wasn't in the reveal). Considering that the actor did shoot him, twice, I was hoping Archer would enact some sort of revenge anyway.

Archived