Archer Season Whatever: Caress of Krieger

Myshkin

• 2 months later...

Solid start. They've definitely gone back to a more familiar format but, being Archer, they were all meta about it with Archer himself saying "I hate change" and going out of their way to have everything the same as it used to be.

Good episode. The season is still warming up, but I'm curious how I'll enjoy this show on a week to week basis. I powered through the last five seasons during summer.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one having fun with trying to somewhat identify Archer's timeperiod (it's impossible I know). He has a modern smartphone, but that jet he had to blow up looked more like the type of fighter they used in the Korean War. The SU appears to have fallen or are they just in detente? That wasn't clear to me. And the Japanese soldier should be at least 90 years old. Just great for one show to have all these elements.

Good episode. The season is still warming up, but I'm curious how I'll enjoy this show on a week to week basis. I powered through the last five seasons during summer.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one having fun with trying to somewhat identify Archer's timeperiod (it's impossible I know). He has a modern smartphone, but that jet he had to blow up looked more like the type of fighter they used in the Korean War. The SU appears to have fallen or are they just in detente? That wasn't clear to me. And the Japanese soldier should be at least 90 years old. Just great for one show to have all these elements.

I think the most elements point to it being the late 1980s, but obviously there are tons of things pointing to before or after that that make that impossible.

I enjoyed it, but nothing huge stood out from this episode for me. Usually there is one line in particular that gets me.

Also Archer always seems to be the only one who notices the time period thing.

I think of it like Gotham, which has old looking cars but cellphones, and never specifically talk about what year they are in.

I enjoyed it, but nothing huge stood out from this episode for me. Usually there is one line in particular that gets me.

"Eat a buffet of dick, Jungle!" :lol: Might be my new catch phrase.

Hmmm, this episode wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. The animation was great (that fight), but I just don't laugh as much as I used to. I still watch Archer gladly, because the characters are so good, so the more emotional stories (like this week with the whole legal guardian thing) are still a treat, but I hope the season picks up with a little more humour next week.

Archived