Football XXXXXXXXX: Sad American Boarders Edition

Nas!

I have not followed this thread much lately, but am I guessing from the title that the implication is that only Americans post on here now?

I have not a whole lot to contribute, being half an American by this point, and supporting a team (Celtic) that are (probably thankfully) never on American television. :laugh:

Real's in the sort of crazy form where they're scoring by accident - witness Ramos and CR7's goals today. Benzema was lucky not to be given offside for his too.

Meanwhile Messi continued to impress with his ability to miss what appear to be gifts of chances. How he didn't bury that free header from 5 yards today I'll never know. Suarez's assists were aces though and Neymar continues to be pretty damn awesome.

I have not followed this thread much lately, but am I guessing from the title that the implication is that only Americans post on here now?

Not at all. Simply that the majority of American boarders who post in this thread are DC supporters, and that DC were knocked out of MLS playoffs an hour ago.

They're the feelgood story of the league so far for sure, really nice to see after hearing so many non-Saints fans picked them to slip badly this season. Not that the doubters could be blamed of course, it's pretty astounding how well they've done given the circumstances in which they entered the campaign.

Sometimes life gives us one...

Everyone in the league is happy with the Saints being second for various reasons. Well, except City perhaps.

Still bummed about the DC result. I'm proud of them for going down fighting, even though it was clearly beyond them for much of the time. Some of the NJ time wasting seemed pretty egregious to me at the time, but whatever. The only time I heard their fans was briefly after they scored.

EJ: I don't think we'll be able to find anyone willing to pay his wages. Might as well leave him unprotected in the expansion draft. The wage package will protect him anyway.

Silva: I didn't realize how important his was until we didn't have him.

Hamid: This might be the off season when someone from Europe shows up with a truck load of money and we lose him.

I hope we can keep this group of guys together. Some of them are a bit old, like Arnaud, but hopefully they'll have another year on those legs.

ETA: there's a NJ fan wanting to join district ultras right after the game. It's brought a smile to my face this evening, haha.

Not just fans...

Sometimes life gives us one...

Everyone in the league is happy with the Saints being second for various reasons. Well, except City perhaps.

I'm not unhappy with Southampton being second. Why would I be? They've done better than we have and have won more points. It's only November jfc

From what I've seen of him I don't really get the big fuss over Harry Kane, but I guess he's an improvement over the current form of Soldado and Adebayor. He looks decent, but not the sort of prospect who's going to tear up the league. Berahino looks a lot more impressive, for example.

Also, Southampton are doing wicked but I wouldn't be shocked if West Ham finished above them come the end.

Archived