Evil Dead picked up by Starz

Manhole Eunuchsbane

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Teaser: Ash Is Back With Chainsaw In Hand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ncef44CHrI

Here’s a look at the newest teaser for Starz original series Ash Vs Evil Dead, sequel to the cult horror film franchise The Evil Dead. The series, executive produced by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, is currently filming on location in New Zealand for premiere on Starz in fall 2015.

I love Starz. Between this, Black Sails, Spartacus and Outlander they are really doing their best to bring quality tv of all sorts to the world :) This better not suck :)

Campbell and Lawless seems like perfect casting! I also recall that Raimi was involved in getting Spartacus up and running. If they can get some of that magic working in the show then it becomes tricky to see how this wont be awesome. Expectations could be too high is my main concern here which isn't a bad thing at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

also, Lucy Lawless

Just a silly question but... Is Starz contractually obligated to include her in every other series they make? First Spartacus and now this :)

Just a silly question but... Is Starz contractually obligated to include her in every other series they make? First Spartacus and now this :)

HBO has a history of casting actors across multiple shows. So does Showtime.

It has more to do with the fact that she's the wife of Rob Tapert, you know, Raimi's friend and co-creator of Xena/Hercules. And producer of Spartacus.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

This looks like amazing dumb fun.

Also, finally settles the 23-year-old argument about which ending to Army of Darkness is canon.

Archived