GRRM on the Wolf Pack

Northernmonkey

There's something that people seems to have been overlooked (understandably so) from GRRM's recent charity event.

"You know, I don't like to give things away." says Martin, a grin spreading across his face. "But you don't hang a giant wolf pack on the wall unless you intend to use it."

So what are they going to do? I see Ramsay somehow surviving the battle of Winterfell, only to stumble in to the woods and get torn in to pieces by Nymeria's pack.

The Starks are going to start *****ing things up soon, and I can't wait. :devil:

-One is possibly AAR/Lightbringer, a key in the battle of the long night 2.0, and a Targ with a potential claim to the throne.

-Another is a living god with access to near limitless knowledge.

-Another is essentially following in batman's footsteps, while currently being trained by shapeshifting assassins.

-Another is being trained by one of if not the best player in the GoT, and likely to have the Vale in her pocket soon enough.

-And another is being raised on an island run by unicorn riding cannibals.

**** about to get real. I didn't even bring up 3 of the 5 are confirmed super wargs/skinchangers.

Edit, oh. This is about Nymeria's pack. Same hype still applies. I can't wait to continue the Frey eating tradition.

Thank you for providing the quote. Made me smile.

Big Nyms…getting ready. And her packers too.

For a minute I thought the thread was a comment regarding the Wolf Pack ( Arya, Hot Pie, Gendry.) Almost fell off my couch...

I hope to see the now Big 3 back together, but Big Nyms was always in there. Big Nyms saw all three, but Gendry and Hot Pie still need to meet the original Wolf-Bitch, Big Nyms. Let me just add Big Nyms and I can't forget Lommy in the emoticon either. So I'll make it 5.

Whoah…..Wolf Pack! :grouphug:

Arya will die and go into big Nyms. Big Nyms will join Summer, Shaggydog, Jon and the Others in reclaiming the North from the remnants of the Frey's/Boltons and any other people hanging around. Big Nyms might settle more of Arya's hit list than Arya ever did in life.

A Dream of Spring was originally titled A Time for Wolves. Seems to suggest that the final act, before the light of spring shines, will involve the Stark children and their wolves reclaiming the North.

Well GRRM also believes, "If you have the oldest computer technology, seldom use it."

That being said, the wolves are obviously very important. I like how information is introduced in this series and it isnt immediately obvious what its purpose is (and despite some crackpot theories here some information will have no purpose). The mystery/suspense is something Ive embraced.

Archived